talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Azzedine Ounahi - Napoli Set to Sign Moroccan midfielder

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£20m seems a great price from what I saw of him at the World Cup.

He might be one of them flash in the pans that rides the wave of a good World Cup and struggles elsewhere but equally, in today's market, £20m is not asking a lot.

I'm very surprised he's not been brought over to England tbh. He could have been signed by any of 8-10 clubs you'd have thought.

I'd definitely have taken him.

• Subscriber

Always sceptical of buying after a World Cup albeit he did look good. Doesn't surprise me he's off to Napoli.

We are signing somebody though by the sounds of it - a left back from Copenhagen who sounds pretty promising.

• Administrator

The next tweet on the one @Cicero has posted is that he could be loaned back to Angers, or loaned to us for the rest of the season.

Given we're quite injury-prone now, a loan for him doesn't seem too bad to tide us over til summer. 

• The title was changed to Azzedine Ounahi - Napoli Set to Sign Moroccan midfielder

L'equipe are saying we have made a bid for the player. This has been backed up by other sources claiming we have bid more than Napoli.

However, it also appears PSG are interested and that the player wants to join them.

To be fair to him, if I had the option, there is no way I'd turn down playing with Messi and Mbappe to listen to Jesse Marsch babble on.

I think we'd better start moving on given the palava and time we ended up wasting over De Ketelaere and Gakpo especially.

Well, it seems that we're becoming front runners for him now.

I liked him at the World Cup and I do wonder if we allowed Klich to go now knowing this guy was a potential replacement.

Fingers crossed we can get him in.

39 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Leeds have spent more money than us now🤔

The only difference being we've recouped £113m in player sales to the £2m or so you have.

We'd never be able to do it otherwise.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

We apparently offered 18m Euros. Leeds went up to 25m.

Napoli pissed off that there were so many 'intermediaries' used to 'incite an auction' xD

I don't think he comes to us.

Reason being, I think the player wants Napoli too much and I also think Angers want a loan back. We certainly won't pursue it if they do.

I also think having spent money on Rutter, we don't want to get drawn into a bidding war for Ounahi. 

We have our price in terms of fee and wages and if that's not to Angers liking, we'll not continue it I think. Certainly not heard anything more concrete Leeds' end.

Guess we'll see but I think this is one of them transfers where the club see it as a bonus if it happens but not gutted if it doesnt.

Archived