talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 5th February, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah. Harry Kane's overall involvement with the team is sublime. Haaland may adapt more over time as Rooney and Kane did but at the minute his stationary approach may be great for FPL but it's affecting the overall team.

Absolutely. Haaland is a brilliant goalscorer, that combination of pace/power/finishing is spectacular and he’s going to go on to be one of footballs greatest ever goalscorers

Right now though the all round game just isn’t there and he doesn’t particularly suit a city game that is a lot of possession and link up play. Especially when they seem incapable of playing quicker balls to match the runs he’s making.

Kane would have been absolutely perfect for them, and to be honest still would be. No reason why he couldn’t play behind Haaland to be honest 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

They didn't pass the ball to Haaland, that was the problem yesterday. Haaland should be the first name on the team sheet

Said all along buddy, Agüero was a far better and superior player than Haaland, the latter needs someone like the master De Bruyne feeding him, stop De Bruyne and Haaland is like a baby without a dummy, if no one was supplying Agüero that guy would go out and look for himself and then score. 

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Said all along buddy, Agüero was a far better and superior player than Haaland, the latter needs someone like the master De Bruyne feeding him, stop De Bruyne and Haaland is like a baby without a dummy, if no one was supplying Agüero that guy would go out and look for himself and then score. 

Id take Haaland everyday of the week, the strikers job is to score goals and Haaland is looking like the greatest goal scorer of all time, give him the ball in the box or over the top and he's going to rip you a new arse hole 9 times out of 10  ..id rather lose Pep than Haaland :4_joy: we have enough players to do the fancy stuff, just give him the fucking ball ..team needs to be built around him this summer

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

They didn't pass the ball to Haaland, that was the problem yesterday. Haaland should be the first name on the team sheet 

Haaland as a player isn't the problem but I do think you create less chances for having him there. I can see both sides of an argument here. I'm not saying I wouldn't start him but I can see more of a case for rotation than most do. I could be completely wrong here but you were a machine when you went essentially strikerless.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Haaland as a player isn't the problem but I do think you create less chances for having him there. I can see both sides of an argument here. I'm not saying I wouldn't start him but I can see more of a case for rotation than most do. I could be completely wrong here but you were a machine when you went essentially strikerless.

Our team needs a refresh, it's not the same as when we played with a false 9, Grealish needs to go, Bernardo wants to leave so not committed, De Bruyne is well off form, Foden had a fight with Cancelo so Pep's not playing him, Gundogan is getting old and slow, we have no speedy wingers and there is a lot of in fighting going on right now 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Our team needs a refresh, it's not the same as when we played with a false 9, Grealish needs to go, Bernardo wants to leave so not committed, De Bruyne is well off form, Foden had a fight with Cancelo so Pep's not playing him, Gundogan is getting old and slow, we have no speedy wingers and there is a lot of in fighting going on right now 

Gonna be hard refreshing from the National league. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Gonna be hard refreshing from the National league. 

Id love to go right to the bottom tbh, be nice to play all the other teams in England but our legal team is too good and when they are bringing charges against the grass we use ffs it's going to be an easy win in court :4_joy: slap on the wrist is the most that will happen to us, every club in the league cooks the books to some degree, football is far from clean as you can see with the bent VAR calls lol

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Id love to go right to the bottom tbh, be nice to play all the other teams in England but our legal team is too good and when they are bringing charges against the grass we use ffs it's going to be an easy win in court :4_joy: slap on the wrist is the most that will happen to us, every club in the league cooks the books to some degree, football is far from clean as you can see with the bent VAR calls lol

Cleared of 100 charges....

I'm not too sure of that mate. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 5th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived