talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 30 Fixtures - 8-9th April 2023

On a side note to my above post, though it clearly happened with Isaak, players who are found to be feigning head injuries should be given retrospective bans. If you haven’t had your head hit you should ‘t be holding it either trying to get out of a card or more normally, to stop play. The ruling is their to prevent serious injury, players should be punished seriously for abusing it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Think that's the game where it's swung back to Man City. Arsenal really caved in there, at 0-2 I really thought they were going to go on and turn the screw but they really lost their nerve. With the respective run ins I think Man City go on to do this now.

I was given a ticket for United vs Everton so I went this weekend and some observations.

Everton are poor, will survive if teams around them don’t buck up because they’re so poor. 

Anthony is wank, as is Sancho they can’t beat players it’s poor. Maquire is actually better in real life.

pickford is a good keeper, he’s off to Spurs regardless of what Everton do, if they survive more likely to stay as levy can scupper deals by being too tight but that’s all in motion 

11 hours ago, Danny said:

On a side note to my above post, though it clearly happened with Isaak, players who are found to be feigning head injuries should be given retrospective bans. If you haven’t had your head hit you should ‘t be holding it either trying to get out of a card or more normally, to stop play. The ruling is their to prevent serious injury, players should be punished seriously for abusing it.

it's a bit sour grapes, you played well had us on the ropes in the first half but in the second it was one way traffic and we should have put 4 or 5 in.  the Isak, Wilson and Anderson misses were easier than the Joelinton and Isak goals. Anderson in particular needed to score that goal, rookie miss.

Eddie Howe knew the 4-3-3 wasnt effective and went with a 4-2-3-1 with isak deeper and Wilson up front changed the game, Brentford a back three got overloaded often.  The real factor was moving Joelinton and Bruno deeper changed the game, Joelinton was a beast and pocketed Toney in the second half, he was winning challenges and all 50-50's, he also made a ghosted run which resulted in the first and was involved in the second.  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was given a ticket for United vs Everton so I went this weekend and some observations.

Everton are poor, will survive if teams around them don’t buck up because they’re so poor. 

Anthony is wank, as is Sancho they can’t beat players it’s poor. Maquire is actually better in real life.

pickford is a good keeper, he’s off to Spurs regardless of what Everton do, if they survive more likely to stay as levy can scupper deals by being too tight but that’s all in motion 

Pickford has just signed a fresh long term deal so he won't go cheap. He does like it at Everton but I'm sure relegation would tip him over the edge towards wanting to move back to the top flight but to this point, he's never made noises about leaving.

We were really poor on Saturday, our worst performance in a while. Not good in any department and I think Dyche set us up quite badly with the high line when our press isn't good enough to keep constant pressure on the ball. Our back line is painfully slow and Godfrey, the only one with pace, doesn't know the left back position well enough. More symptoms of years of poor recruitment that we still have to rely on Coleman at right back who hasn't been the player he was for years, a centre back preferred to both recognised left backs at the club in that position, a Championship striker up front and Tom Davies one of the first names we have to turn to to come on and change a game.

We've shown enough in other games, especially at home, to pull through I think. We probably need to sneak a win on the road somewhere to be safe before we host Bournemouth on the final day. There's a chance we can win either at Palace, Leicester or Wolves. This summer needs to see a very different approach from the club though if we want to have a chance of establishing ourselves back in mid table instead of going through this every season until there's finally less than 3 teams worse than us.

If the former head of PGMOL thinks that then it isn't baffling what is said on MOTD.

Brentford probably lost the game by being awarded that penalty. Don't think Howe makes half time changes if it is 0-0. Don't think Brentford come out as complacent as they did.

• Administrator

Is that the one where Isak kicked Henry from the corner? It's quite clearly a penalty, I thought? Henry got to the ball first, and Isak has his foot in/on Henry's chest as contact is made?

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Is that the one where Isak kicked Henry from the corner? It's quite clearly a penalty, I thought? Henry got to the ball first, and Isak has his foot in/on Henry's chest as contact is made?

isak actually kicked it then Henry ran into his leg, it was away from goal.  the previous week Schar went for a diving header and Fernandes kicked him in the head and nothing, one was no goal threat the other Was a goal chance that got cleared on the line.  

the real issue was Brentford resorting to go doing down in the box all the time.  the schade second half dive should be red carded.  Callum Wilson also had a harsh one ruled out for hitting his shoulder/deltoid area.  it also went away from goal

lastly to overturn there has to be meaningful cause, they took 4 minutes to make it meaning it was marginal the Wilson on had no camera angle good enough to rule it out, when there is nothing to alter a decision ie no camera angles it needs to stand

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

isak actually kicked it then Henry ran into his leg, it was away from goal. 

Away from goal or not, it's a foul xD

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the schade second half dive should be red carded. 

Unfortunately red card isn't the punishment for a dive, although I agree it should have been punished regardless. 

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it also went away from goal

Please brush up on the rules. Away from goal or not, if it's handball it's handball xD

Since when does away from goal or not have any relevance? It's clouding your judgment. 

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

lastly to overturn there has to be meaningful cause, they took 4 minutes to make it meaning it was marginal the Wilson on had no camera angle good enough to rule it out, when there is nothing to alter a decision ie no camera angles it needs to stand

There were camera angles though? Agree decisions need to be made quicker. But there was a handball. And if the handball is by the player that scored the goal, then it gets ruled out. 

• The topic was unpinned
On 10/04/2023 at 15:15, Stan said:

It is a strange one that kicking someones torso isn’t deemed a foul. I still don’t know how Isaak got away with the foul on Pinnock, I know it was written in the tweet I shared but you’d genuinely get sent off for doing that to someone in Rugby, so easily could have landed on his neck. Similar to Harry Kane’s constant sweeping of peoples legs when theyre in the air.

I won’t lie Newcastle weren’t as dirty a team as I said, but the Pinnock foul did leave a bad taste in the mouth as did their timewasting with their subs, should have been punished imo. But thats by the by with the subs, I’m sure we’ll do the same to someone else soon.

Newcastle have a lot of talent in that team but I don’t see the fuss with Gordon, decent player but that seems about it.

Have to wait and see what Howe can do with Gordon. Early days, a few sub appearances either side of an injury. Will take time to coach him into the right player and find his true ceiling. 

Howe has worked wonders with Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Almiron, Schar and recently Murphy. With some hope of ASM being less of a ball hog.

Archived