The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - Play-offs

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@nudge will be amazed. 1 minute in and Stuttgart are leading 1-0 already.

Yeah, I have live updates set up on my phone, had to chuckle when I saw the first goal in the very 1st minute xD Just hope Stuttgart don't fuck it up...

Another season in the 2 Bundesliga for Hamburg it seems. It looks like they've failed at the last hurdle once again, as I can't see them turning this result around in the 2nd leg. Stuttgart look too strong for them.

51 minutes ago, Michael said:

Another season in the 2 Bundesliga for Hamburg it seems. It looks like they've failed at the last hurdle once again, as I can't see them turning this result around in the 2nd leg. Stuttgart look too strong for them.

Agreed, seeing HSV shitting the bed during the promotion/relegation play-offs reminds at the "Groundhog Day" movie.Though never gets old.:)

On a side note, at yesterday's TV broadcast on SAT1 something happened, they hopefully will be reminded of, whenever any player or their manager moans how they should have had a penalty. A, HSV player, don't remember which one, was very slightly touched in the penalty area and stayed on his feet, while pundit Babbel couldn't stop talking about how you have to dive in such situations. Wanker!

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

On a side note, at yesterday's TV broadcast on SAT1 something happened, they hopefully will be reminded of, whenever any player or their manager moans how they should have had a penalty. A, HSV player, don't remember which one, was very slightly touched in the penalty area and stayed on his feet, while pundit Babbel couldn't stop talking about how you have to dive in such situations. Wanker!

Yep, happens in UK football comms too. 'could/should have gone down' instead of praising the player for staying on their feet and not going down at the slightest of contacts. 

A match that just shows the difference in quality between the two leagues.  HSV never threatened and VfB should've had 5-6 goals.  Additionally, Derek Rae reminded everyone that Stuttgart have been top 6 in the form table since Hoeness took over, so it's not like they were down and out at the end of the season either.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Early goal for Hamburg! 

Perfect start for them... 

Hamburg still have hope of turning this around with Kittel giving them that early lead, especially as Guirassy's lovely goal was cancelled. There seems to be a great atmosphere in the stadium backing Hamburg.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived