talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

7 minutes ago, Coma said:

Does Fortuna get to host the semi-final match since they are the lower seeded club or is all of that over now that there are only 4 clubs left?

Only 3. Liga and below have that right. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! Back home from stadium, although not immediately!😎 Still excited, FCS have now reached the DFB-Pokal semis for the tird time in my life and the second time in the last five years. To be fair, Gladbach dominated the match throughout but didn't have too many chances to score I found, while we converted two of our three chances.Now looking forward to the semi versus Lautern, derby time. On a side note: It must be a while ago only 1 Buli club qualified for the cup semi finals, if that even happened before. Of course I'm biased, still would say that's a fantastic scenario for the neutral spectator. One non 1st tier club in the finals guaranteed. Also it's refreshing it isn't the same teams as always winning silver ware. Although @Viva la FCB might hold another opinion on that subject lol.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

Another historic win for Saarbrucken in the DFB-Pokal. What a sensational and deserved win that was for Saarbrucken over Gladbach. They incredibly defeat yet another Bundesliga club in the cup. They've knocked out Bayern Munich, Eintracht Frankfurt and now Monchengladbach from this years cup competition. They face Kaiserslautern next in the semi-finals and I am sure that most neutrals will be hoping that Saarbrucken defeat them and reach the final. What an incredible feat that would be for the 3.Liga side.

4 hours ago, Michael said:

They face Kaiserslautern next in the semi-finals and I am sure that most neutrals will be hoping that Saarbrucken defeat them and reach the final where they'll lose against Düsseldorf. What an incredible feat that would be for the 3.Liga side.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Agreed. 

Cheeky, checky. Contrary to Düsseldorf we won all our competetive matches against 2.Liga clubs this season.

Seriously though, for the neutral that would be a brilliant cup final. Also knowing that won't happen. Still a cup win for FCS would offer a possibility no other outcome theoretically could, a club having competetive matches against an European giant like eg Man Utd ( in Europa league) and SV Scheiden (Saarish 12th tier club in Saarland-Pokal) in the same season.😄 Football romantics what do you dream of?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Cheeky, checky. Contrary to Düsseldorf we won all our competetive matches against 2.Liga clubs this season.

Seriously though, for the neutral that would be a brilliant cup final. Also knowing that won't happen. Still a cup win for FCS would offer a possibility no other outcome theoretically could, a club having competetive matches against an European giant like eg Man Utd ( in Europa league) and SV Scheiden (Saarish 12th tier club in Saarland-Pokal) in the same season.😄 Football romantics what do you dream of?

Yeah, it's hard to see Dusseldorf getting past a rampant Bayer Leverkusen and reaching the final, which is a shame. But I definitely feel like Saarbrucken will be the favourites when they face their local rivals Kaiserslautern in their semi-final. Especially as Saarbrucken will be playing at home again. There are no easy matches at this stage of the competition though and they should be two entertaining semi-finals.

On 14/03/2024 at 03:06, Michael said:

Yeah, it's hard to see Dusseldorf getting past a rampant Bayer Leverkusen and reaching the final, which is a shame. But I definitely feel like Saarbrucken will be the favourites when they face their local rivals Kaiserslautern in their semi-final. Especially as Saarbrucken will be playing at home again. There are no easy matches at this stage of the competition though and they should be two entertaining semi-finals.

Bit gutted I'm on holidays in the first week of April and can't be at the stadium for this match and probably can't even watch it, since I doubt I'll find a place in Morocco showing a DFB-Pokal semifinal between a 3rd tier and a 2nd tier club.😔

15 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bit gutted I'm on holidays in the first week of April and can't be at the stadium for this match and probably won't even see it, since I doubt I'll find a place in Morocco showing a DFB-Pokal semifinal between a 3rd tier and a 2nd tier club.😔

That's a shame to hear, as that semi-final derby between Saarbrucken and Kaiserslautern will be huge. I guess it's just unfortunate timing really. I can empathise with how you must be feeling though. I guess if you can, you'll have to try and stream the match when you are out there. It will be a match of huge historical proportions. 

• Upvote 1

On 14/03/2024 at 13:03, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bit gutted I'm on holidays in the first week of April and can't be at the stadium for this match and probably can't even watch it, since I doubt I'll find a place in Morocco showing a DFB-Pokal semifinal between a 3rd tier and a 2nd tier club.😔

If only you had a smartphone you could watch streams on. :ph34r:

19 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Learned the place I will be staying at got satellite-TV, so it shouldn't be a problem to watch my beloved FCS, although I'm trying to stay as far of modern technics as possible in my holidays.:twothumbsup:

So you're traveling there in a Hot Air Balloon?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So you're traveling there in a Hot Air Balloon?

Said during my holiday! Will be travelling on Good Friday which is no holiudays of mine, since Friday is my day off anyway, although that's a bank holiday and flying bachk on the next weekend, which also is off work for me anyway. So I didn't lie!😛