talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

@Rucksackfranzose oh my fucking god! Congratulations! I cheered so loudly when Saabrücken scored the winner, and sweated buckets when that referee didn't want to end the game. Oh my word. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

You must be absolutely buzzing @Rucksackfranzose

11 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Congrats @Rucksackfranzose definitely bittersweet for me but enjoy, full value for it really. It was a disaster that was unfortunately in the back of my mind the entire time given the look of the schedule. Still shouldnt happen with the talent available tbh and theres literally no excuse for Kane being on the bench the entire time, speechless idk. De Ligt injured again.. this is just disaster all round. 

4 hours ago, Relling said:

Congrats, Rucksackfranzose!

Thank you all! That's a result I surely didn't expect before the match. The most surprising part is the win wasn't completely undeserved the way the match went. Of corse Bayern were the dominant team, stil Saarbrücken defended well, so Bayern hadn't that many opportunities to score I felt. Am aware I'm biased, however.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Thank you all! That's a result I surely didn't expect before the match. The most surprising part is the win wasn't completely undeserved the way the match went. Of corse Bayern were the dominant team, stil Saarbrücken defended well, so Bayern hadn't that many opportunities to score I felt. Am aware I'm biased, however.

Honestly man it wasnt undeserved at all. Especially the first half, I dont recall more then maybe one or two? chances from our side. Full value man, enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coma said:

Next draw is on Sunday.  Lots of underdogs still left in it.  This might be one of the best cups I've seen in a while.

6 Buli, 10 2.Liga, 1 3.Liga , and 1 RL club. Last time only 6 Buli clubs reached the round of 16 was 92/93. On a side note, 13 of 16 Bundesländer have less teams still in the competition than the Saarland.xD

• Like 1

This are the round of 16 matches:

Stuttgart - Dortmund

Saarbrücken - Frankfurt

Gladbach - Wolfsburg

Hertha BSC - Hamburg

Homburg - St Pauli

Leverkusen - Paderborn

Lautern - Nürnberg

Magdeburg - Düsseldorf

Delighted there are to games between Buli clubs. Good chance for clubs of other leagues to reach the semis, since it will be only 4 Buli clubs at the quarters, at most.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

This are the round of 16 matches:

Stuttgart - Dortmund

Saarbrücken - Frankfurt

Gladbach - Wolfsburg

Hertha BSC - Hamburg

Homburg - St Pauli

Leverkusen - Paderborn

Lautern - Nürnberg

Magdeburg - Düsseldorf

Delighted there are to games between Buli clubs. Good chance for clubs of other leagues to reach the semis, since it will be only 4 Buli clubs at the quarters, at most.

I expect Saarbrücken to progress. If you can beat Bayern you can beat anyone.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Holy shit we are in the quarter finals. Went 0-1 down in the 15th minute, scored the equaliser in the 87th minute and the winner in the 92nd minute. Classic Fortuna heart attack style. 

Jona Niemiec is such an impact sub. I think he scored 4 goals in 3 games now after coming on late. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Holy shit we are in the quarter finals. Went 0-1 down in the 15th minute, scored the equaliser in the 87th minute and the winner in the 92nd minute. Classic Fortuna heart attack style. 

Jona Niemiec is such an impact sub. I think he scored 4 goals in 3 games now after coming on late. 

Congrats on the win! I'm already nervous about tomorrow,although being expecting to lose by quite a margin against Frankfurt. That's probably because the cup is my preferred competition.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Congrats on the win! I'm already nervous about tomorrow,although being expecting to lose by quite a margin against Frankfurt. That's probably because the cup is my preferred competition.

Thanks! And fingers crossed for tomorrow! Hope you beat those äppelwoi drinking bastards! :ph34r:xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bayern, Leipzig and Dortmund are out.

By the way I don't recall the last time only 3 Buli, but 5 lower tier clubs reached the quarters, if that happened before at all. Now draw a match, where two Buli clubs play each other and I'm loving the cup even more.

2003/2004. We, Bayern, and Gladbach were the only Buli clubs to reach the quarters. 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I don't like the matchup but for the purposes of getting lower league clubs into the semis that's a good draw. 

I'd say ourselves and Leverkusen are the favorites, so to have one of us go out next round is of benefit to the rest.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oh my fucking god, we did it. In the most dramatic way possible. Went ahead, conceeded a clumsy penalty again, went into extra time, went ahead again, and of course conceeded the equaliser in the 120th minute. Had a bad feeling going into the penalty shootout, because we are usually never good at them. Of course we were the first team to miss a penalty, and again, I thought it's all over. Then our keeper saved a penalty, and it was level again. Then our keeper saved another penalty, bad left the goal line to early, and it had to be re-taken, and he saved it again. And Tzolis scored the last penalty of the shootout, cool as a cucumber. 

We are in the semi final....what the fuck. I couldn't believe it when it was all over. What. Is this a dream?

That's also 3,4 Mio Euros in our pockets. That is a lot of money for us, since we only could get cheap loan deals over the line this transfer window. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...