talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dominik Szoboszlai Joins Liverpool

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see exactly what this guy is all about.

Fairly sure Milner & Oxlade Chamberlain are 2 names out, but Mac Allister & Szoboszlai seem like very forward thinking midfielders.

Liverpool of recent years have had a 2nd to none front 3. With what has seemed a very hard working, hard running, midfield 3. And Henderson is not getting any younger either.

I expected midfield signings. But perhaps with a more obvious engine room feel to them.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Fairly sure Milner & Oxlade Chamberlain are 2 names out, but Mac Allister & Szoboszlai seem like very forward thinking midfielders

Such a big improvement. 

I’m surprised people are just talking about top 4 with Liverpool this season, I think they can go and challenge for the title properly.

They were shit last season but I don’t think that was because of a lack of transfer activity, the team as a whole just dropped mentally and they couldn’t do the basics. No single player was going to change that, I think they were just knackered. I remember towards the end of the season they started pressing high and Klopp started clapping, because they just done it out nowhere. That was a surreal moment, to see that even the coach had no real way of effecting them throughout the season.

I think with Trent playing as an inverted full back, some additions to that midfield, the likes of Jones and Bajetic being able to continue the great form they had, and just in general keeping everyone fit as they struggled without Diaz and Jota last season for long periods, this is a team ready to go again. They had a great run of form towards the end of the season and teams pretty much always carry end of season form into a new season. Plus they can afford to play a weakened team in the Europa rather than go full strength all the time like they had to do in the CL.

Archived