football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Premiership - 17th March
West Ham
v Aston Villa (Score Draw)

Scottish Premiership - 17th March
Dundee v Rangers (Rangers to win)

Just a note for myself, top one is 10/3.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 08/03/2024 at 18:01, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.cc7b9de8bfe5cf48701115c16cd6d43a.png

WEEK 31 STATS
Winning bets: 1 / 6
Winning selections: 5 / 11
Weekly forum position: -£40.50 (23/31)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 52 / 204
Winning selections: 177 / 386

Total forum position: -£359.64

WEEK 32 - ANOTHER HORROR SHOW

image.thumb.png.70baf1de3ae84a5024b3f276fdd2c0df.png

WEEK 32 STATS
Winning bets: 0 / 6
Winning selections: 4 / 11
Weekly forum position: -£60.00 (29/32)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 52 / 210
Winning selections: 181 / 397

Total forum position: -£419.64

Late table and it wasn't really worth the wait was it. Christ. Six losers, four of us coming fairly close though - me and @RandoEFC were only a goal out on the same game although admittedly that's despite a last gasp goal coming in anyway so it wasn't 'that' close (though mine would've been a fucking belting win that would've nearly taken me off the bottom!). Better luck this week.

• Administrator

@Dan surprised you've not jumped on Forest Green to win. New boss, upturn in form, against bottom of the league Sutton. 6/5 to win at home. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

My algorithm has been spitting out some good winners on corners lately so going for this double.

Screenshot_20240315_172155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f665c4612b810275492a8bbbac3d577b.jpg

Some stats now that I have a minute.

Spurs away matches tend to see plenty of corners. Last ten: 15, 11, 13, 14, 18, 10, 13, 21, 10. Fulham have averaged 12.2 corners over their last 10 league games. Should be plenty here although 11.5 is a high line to clear.

Salernitana concede A LOT of corners and I wouldn't expect Lecce to dominate them in the way that the stronger Serie A sides do. However, you see a lot of match corners in similar fixtures for them against bottom half opposition. Some of their recent home games have had 14 (vs Frosinone), 13 (vs Cagliari), 10 (vs Genoa), 12 (vs Empoli), 18 (vs Monza). Lecce matches see plenty of corners as well. Their last 10 in the league: 13, 7, 10, 11, 4, 7, 10, 17, 20, 17. More confident on this one. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Stan said:

@Dan surprised you've not jumped on Forest Green to win. New boss, upturn in form, against bottom of the league Sutton. 6/5 to win at home. 

I'm surprised as well given they lost.

Thankfully Huddersfield were there to save me, by drawing with a team who haven't picked up a point in 10 games.

• Subscriber
On 15/03/2024 at 17:22, RandoEFC said:

My algorithm has been spitting out some good winners on corners lately so going for this double.

Screenshot_20240315_172155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f665c4612b810275492a8bbbac3d577b.jpg

Had 17 of these on as singles yesterday. Won 10, which isn't brilliant but is profitable. Naturally, both of the ones I posted in this thread were among my 7 losses xD.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Had 17 of these on as singles yesterday. Won 10, which isn't brilliant but is profitable. Naturally, both of the ones I posted in this thread were among my 7 losses xD.

I should have gone back to a-league corners. 

Of the 5 games since Thursday, minimum of 13 in each game. Total of 67.

Average of just over 13 in each game. Highest 23.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I should have gone back to a-league corners. 

Of the 5 games since Thursday, minimum of 13 in each game. Total of 67.

Average of just over 13 in each game. Highest 23.

I think I'm settling on Over X Asian Corners as my favourite market after all the stuff I've played around with this season. Starting to make a consistent stream of profit on it now. There's loads of games to choose from which means you can find a good volume of decent bets, the odds are always a bit better on the Asian markets, and you can rely on stats a lot more for predicting corners than you can on match goals and results, because those can be quite easily disrupted by stuff like injuries and the relative importance of a fixture for each team. If you don't have the knowledge about those leagues you're going to lose out sometimes. I've had good and bad patches on it but corners are generally more reliable, and I'm equally successful in leagues like the Belgian second tier or the South American leagues as I am in the leagues I actually know stuff about. I've given up betting on Unders though as it isn't fun when every notification is bad news and for whatever reason, I just don't seem to have as much joy.

The other stuff I'm having joy with is correct scores. Putting small stakes on three viable correct scorelines for a match is proving to be profitable for me as well over a decent period of time now. I'm dabbling in corner handicaps as well because again, nice Asian odds and sometimes the stats defy the bookies' odds nicely, but they're also a pain to follow if you've got a few running because they don't show up on "live now" on bet365 and you can get fucked over more easily by unusual results such as an underdog team who get quite a lot of corners taking an early lead and then sitting back.

I'll probably still bet on Asian handicaps and goal lines because it's a bit of fun but it's much harder to be profitable with a stats-based approach because if you think you've found an edge over the bookies lines then there's probably a reason for their odds that you don't know about if it's a league you're not an expert in. I tend to win as many as I lose or maybe win slightly more often but because the odds are 1.7-1.9 most of the time that results in little or no profit.

As for this thread, I've had an absolute nightmare overall. Feel like I've been really unlucky on a few occasions. The biggest lesson of all is bet on singles rather than doubles when you've only got one shot a week xD.

• Administrator
On 15/03/2024 at 10:22, Stan said:

Screenshot_20240315-102153.png

Bit of double jeopardy in this. For obvious reasons. 

Can always rely on my club :x

Looks like a good week as I think @Pyfish has won his bet too. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Gonna go for the Skybet Boost

Salah, Nunez, Rashford, 1 SOT each.

3/1.

£10 wins £40.

Another winner, nice. 

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Cheers mate, had a tenner of my own on it too. Looked far too good to resist.

The Salah and Nunez ones came in within seconds of each other. 

Good weekend all round on here for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

The Salah and Nunez ones came in within seconds of each other. 

Good weekend all round on here for the most part. 

@Pyfish was unlucky, he had City needing three goals. You'd have fancied that at 2-0 after the first half.

• Subscriber
On 15/03/2024 at 18:38, Dan said:

Just a note for myself, top one is 10/3.

download.thumb.png.a8e03d74d25d8219aca47ade93949809.png

Trust fucking Dundee to fuck it up with a waterlogged pitch, game called off and they are always doing this. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

download.thumb.png.a8e03d74d25d8219aca47ade93949809.png

Trust fucking Dundee to fuck it up with a waterlogged pitch, game called off and they are always doing this. 

You'll still win. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'll still win. 

How? I am useless at this betting bit, I am OK with the Lottery  (I won £103 on Friday nights thunderball), I rely on our son with the horses betting as he was once a bookie manager.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

How? I am useless at this betting bit, I am OK with the Lottery  (I won £103 on Friday nights thunderball), I rely on our son with the horses betting as he was once a bookie manager.

Because I presume @Dan will just take the price of the top bet as a single, and not count the postponement. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Because I presume @Dan will just take the price of the top bet as a single, and not count the postponement. 

That is correct.

@CaaC (John) you have two options here - you can either settle your bet as a winner (£33.33 returns I think) or you can replace your void Rangers pick with another game from tomorrow if you wish, but of course risk blowing it. Totally up to you.

• Subscriber

How've I yet again landed my longer shot and blown it on the easier. How am I this fucking unlucky at this game? xD Genuinely never seen anything like it in my life.

• Subscriber
On 18/03/2024 at 00:04, Dan said:

That is correct.

@CaaC (John) you have two options here - you can either settle your bet as a winner (£33.33 returns I think) or you can replace your void Rangers pick with another game from tomorrow if you wish, but of course risk blowing it. Totally up to you.

That will do, cut & run  xD

John C Reilly Yes GIF - John C Reilly Yes GIFs

• Upvote 1