talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Like it or not he isn't entirely wrong.

Hamilton is employed by Mercedes, just like those 1000 people are. If he was gone and another driver took his place, they would still be employed by Mercedes. In fact, if we're looking at a bigger picture here, then it's probably worth to mention that it's the work of those 1000 people that helps him win races and justify his high employment costs in the first place. Surely a good driver who generates profit for Mercedes, but rambling about "creating jobs" while being questioned about his dubious tax arrangements just sounds like a smug deflection tactics.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hamilton is employed by Mercedes, just like those 1000 people are. If he was gone and another driver took his place, they would still be employed by Mercedes. In fact, if we're looking at a bigger picture here, then it's probably worth to mention that it's the work of those 1000 people that helps him win races and justify his high employment costs in the first place. Surely a good driver who generates profit for Mercedes, but rambling about "creating jobs" while being questioned about his dubious tax arrangements just sounds like a smug deflection tactics.

It sounds like something Trump would say, indeed Trump said something similar about the stockmarket rise, which is why I will from now on refer to Lewis as 'lil Donnie'.

Edited by BartraPique1932
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

Sauber: Ericsson - Leclerc

Williams: Kvyat - Stroll 

You'll see. 

Hope it's not Ericsson, would much rather see Giovinazzi there.

You and your Kvyat :D Would love to see Kubica back, but apparently he's not impressed that much in tests so far.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hope it's not Ericsson, would much rather see Giovinazzi there.

I'd prefer Wehrlein, but his chances are slim, unfortunately. 

I just love a good underdog story. Kvyat has the talent, he just needs to show it again. Kill the boy, Daniil, and let the man be born! 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I'd prefer Wehrlein, but his chances are slim, unfortunately.

I dislike Wehrlein ever since I've watched him regularly in DTM; fast driver but such a spoiled brat and cocky af. Seems to have matured a bit though.

18 hours ago, nudge said:

Hamilton earning some sympathy points there! 

Lil Donnie makes some really good proposals here, however I'd also like them to get rid of all the driver aids that enable mediocre drivers to extract the full potential of their car on a dry track. It's suppossed to a driver's championship after all.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Ernst Hausleitner and Alexander Wurz on ORF1 (Austrian TV) are the best commentator/moderator duo for me, personally. Sky's coverage is ok, I like Mike Surer, not so much Sascha Roos. RTL's coverage is horrible.

Sky's coverage is pretty okay. Tanja Bauer does the interviews with the drivers, Mark Surer is the pundit in the commentators box and Sascha Roos is the commentator. I kind of like Roos, even though many people disagree. 

If I could watch it on TV, I'd definitely watch the British broadcast though. I always watch Ted'd Notebook etc. on youtube. 

And we do not talk about RTL and Kai Ebel. The guy is pure cringe. 

• Subscriber

Ricciardo, Hartley and Gasly are all given 10-place grid penalties for using their 8th MGU-H of the year. Hartley could pick up further penalties as his car was more or less on fire again xD Big issues with Renault power units recently.

football forum
59 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mercedes team minibus robbed at gunpoint last night after practice at Interlagos :o

Security in Brazil is sadly a bit of a joke, it's just a miracle that nobody has been seriously hurt as human life just isn't valued in South America.

Also; 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Mercedes team minibus robbed at gunpoint last night after practice at Interlagos :o

Williams and FIA people just barely escaped too! Just outside the circuit as well, it's been happening for quite a few years now in Brazil, lack of security really is ridiculous. 

Hope everyone is well, that's quite an experience...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

F1 really needs more independent engine manufacturers to avoid shit like that. Would be interesting to see what happens if Renault withholds the engines though xD 

Anyway, why are Renault angry at Torro Roso and blaming them for the PU issues? It's not only Torro Roso who've been experiencing it recently, so the main problem can't be their car?

• The topic was pinned