talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

football forum
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Anyway, why are Renault angry at Torro Roso and blaming them for the PU issues? It's not only Torro Roso who've been experiencing it recently, so the main problem can't be their car?

I believe only 5 points split Toro Rosso and Renault in the Constructors Standings so lines are being drawn from that.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I believe only 5 points split Toro Rosso and Renault in the Constructors Standings so lines are being drawn from that.

Ohhhh, some proper F1 drama developing, I'm going to get my popcorn :D 

football forum

It's raining in Brazil! This is going to be an interesting session...^_^

Just now, nudge said:

Ohhhh, some proper F1 drama developing, I'm going to get my popcorn :D 

The cars do play second fiddle to the off track drama, didn't you know? :$

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The days of engine manufacturers are finished for now. There's not enough benefit in spending all that money to build and develop engines without gaining the exposure of running a full works team.

4 manufacturers are very interested and consider joining if the new 2021 regs are confirmed (Cosworth, Porsche, Aston Martin and Ilmor).

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's raining in Brazil! This is going to be an interesting session...^_^

The cars do play second fiddle to the off track drama, didn't you know? :$

But of course, no fun without the off track drama xD 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Been hearing the same every year since I started paying attention in 2008.

We'll see. Cosworth and Aston seem to be particularly interested, and those new proposed regs are definitely focused on making the engines cheaper and simpler in order to attract new suppliers. There seems to be enough interest for it from both sides, so I can definitely see that happening.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Aston Martin in F1 would be glorious. I wonder if this is closer than the rest due to their involvement in Red Bull already?

Could be, but they are too inexperienced to do it alone, there are rumours they might partner with Cosworth who are also interested to return to F1.

Aston's latest hypercar, Valkyrie, has its V12 engine designed by Cosworth, so the partnership is already there.

football forum

So fortunate that the title was won in Mexico, imagine if this would have happened with the title still undecided? 

Opens up pole position for someone to claim though. You'd expect Bottas to be up there with the likes of Kimi fighting for it. Maybe even one of the midfield pack of Perez, Ocon... or even Vettel?

football forum
3 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Why are Renault so upset?

Toro Rosso have accused Renault of intentionally sending them faulty engines so that they can't finish races. It's quite an elaborate claim and one which Renault haven't taken lightly.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Get back to GP2 Grosjean!

He had massive oversteer. Not really his fault IMO. The penalty was harsh. 

Anyway, great win for Seb and I'm very relieved that Kimi managed to get 3rd place in the end. 

• Subscriber

Bottas missed his chance today. I still think he's a potential world champion if he stumbles into the right set of circumstances at the right time like Button and Rosberg but I can't see him ever beating the likes of Hamilton or Verstappen over the course of a season in a straight fight.

Top drives from Massa and Alonso (yet again) today. Fernando is unreal, my driver of the year after Hamilton. That McLaren looks like having a competitive chassis these days, with a Renault in the back of it, could make Alonso a dark horse for the title next year.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned