• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Completely missed this yesterday:

Well deserved! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Should have gone to Verstappen, Ocon or Magnussen who maximised their car's performance while Vettel ruined his own race by losing his front wing. Baffling shout that.

• Subscriber

New engine 2021 regulations have been proposed today by FIA. Key features:

• 1.6 Litre, V6 Turbo Hybrid
  • 3000rpm higher engine running speed range to improve the sound
  • Prescriptive internal design parameters to restrict development costs and discourage extreme designs and running conditions
  • Removal of the MGUH
  • More powerful MGUK with focus on manual driver deployment in race together with option to save up energy over several laps to give a driver controlled tactical element to racing
  • Single turbo with dimensional constraints and weight limits
  • Standard energy store and control electronics
  • High Level of external prescriptive design to give ‘Plug-And-Play’ engine/chassis/transmission swap capability
  • Intention to investigate tighter fuel regulations and limits on number of fuels used

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

So no Brazilian on the grid next season? Will be a first in a loooong time.

Yup, big shame. Felipe Nasr would have deserved a seat before he was booted out. And it's a shame that Bruno Senna was never able to show his full potential. 

Anyway, it's sad to see Felipe go again. He has been such a vital part of the sport for over a decade now. But it's time to make room for the Torpedo :ph34r:

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Yup, big shame. Felipe Nasr would have deserved a seat before he was booted out. And it's a shame that Bruno Senna was never able to show his full potential. 

Anyway, it's sad to see Felipe go again. He has been such a vital part of the sport for over a decade now. But it's time to make room for the Torpedo :ph34r:

Nasr is going to race in IndyCar next season, but he's still not given up on returning to F1 in the future, apparently. Can't see a seat opening for him any time soon though...

As for Senna, he's in WEC now, driving an LMP2 for Vaillante Rebellion team, so does Nelson Pique and Nico Prost too. 

Quite a competition for that Williams seat now... Kvyat, Kubica, Di Resta, Wehrlein. 

lock_him_up_yard_sign.jpg?height=460&wid

In all seriousness though, people who call him the "people's champion" need a reality check. I don't know what the exact opposite to "down-to-earth" is, but if it was in the dictionary it would have a picture of Lewis next to it. 

• Subscriber

Pretty sure that's what all of them do in one way or another, otherwise half of the grid wouldn't be living in tax exile in Monaco or Switzerland or Dubai or whatever. Legitimate tax avoidance schemes are legal, and loopholes are always going to be taken advantage of. 

However, it's statements like this that make him look like a self-absorbed smug cunt who still thinks he's a gift to humanity:

Hamilton has defended his tax arrangements before, telling the same newspaper “people don’t realise I pay tax here, but I don’t earn all my money here.”

“I race in 19 different countries, so I earn my money in 20 different places and I pay tax in several different places, and I pay a lot here as well. I am contributing to the country and, not only that, I help keep a team of more than 1,000 people employed. I am part of a much bigger picture.

Source: https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/11/06/paradise-papers-hamilton-3-27-million-pounds-tax-jet/

Haha. Give him a knighthood, now...

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned