talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Harsh on Verstappen. From a racing perspective I would have let it go but he's been punished correctly by the letter of the law.

Ferrari put up a decent fight this year and had the advantage over Mercedes at the ultra high downforce tracks even as recently as Singapore but Merc have won the development race in quite spectacular fashion. Early in the year there was nothing in it at most tracks. Since the winter break Hamilton has cruised to poles and wins left, right and centre while Ferrari have slipped towards Red Bull.

Bottas has been a disappointment since middle of the season. I'm a big shipper of his and you can afford a dodgy half season but if he gets pasted by Hamilton this badly in the early stages of next year he'll be under pressure to keep his seat for 2019, especially with Ricciardo and Verstappen making noises about moving from Red Bull if they don't have a championship winning car, and other talents like Ocon and Sainz always available to the big three. There's also the British lad who's been tearing up GP3 this year and is on Mercedes' books but I can't remember his name.

• Subscriber

Love the recent fantasy pics of Porsche's potential F1 car is they were to return to F1:

f1-porsche-f1-livery-concept-2017-porsch

Sooooo sexy...

Very unrealistic, I know. If they return, it's probably only as an engine supplier, but one can dream, eh...

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Very harsh on Kvyat. He had a good race yesterday and scored them an important point.

He had a good weekend, not consistent enough though in general.

I'm glad for Hartley, hope to see more of him in the next race.

Well, Toro Rosso could catch Williams in the constructors, or they could be caught by Renault and Haas. So they have to think about the rest of the season too, and Hartley was over a second slower than Kvyat, and over 20 seconds in the whole race. 

• Subscriber

Well no wonder, Hartley hasn't driven a single seater in 7 years... His race pace isn't bad though, he didn't make any mistakes other than letting Stroll overtake him, I'm sure there's much more to come from him once (if) he gets into it; it makes sense to give him more assessment time instead of judging him on his first weekend after years off.

Kvyat is done anyway, it's obvious that he's got no future in Red Bull and their intentions to bin him were clear for quite a while now.

• The topic was pinned