talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

mxqei5rtkcdz.jpg

So Kubica managed to get 142 laps under his belt. Seems like his condition shouldn't be an issue. Also look at Lando Norris' times in the McLaren. Sure he was on Ultra Soft tyres when he set the fastest time, but it's still impressive. Kid's only 17! 

16 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

mxqei5rtkcdz.jpg

So Kubica managed to get 142 laps under his belt. Seems like his condition shouldn't be an issue. Also look at Lando Norris' times in the McLaren. Sure he was on Ultra Soft tyres when he set the fastest time, but it's still impressive. Kid's only 17! 

I wonder how Leclerc will do.

F12017_STEELBOOK_FRONT-LG-793x1024.jpg

Everyone is so serious, except DR ofc. Kimi missed the event, because he was taking a shit.

• Subscriber

Leclerc is nailed on for F1 next year. It will be a seat at Sauber now that they've announced the engine deal and Ferrari have said it'll be like them having a junior team.

Mercedes could do with a "junior team" as well but it'd have to be a new team as there's no way McLaren, Williams or Force India would accept those circumstances and Haas, Sauber and Toro Rosso are already affiliated with Ferrari or Red Bull.

44 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Nice! And please make Brazil the final race again. 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:42 PM, Cannabis said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I actually go scream ''Lights Out and Away We Go!'' whenever I'm the first car in the queue when the traffic light goes green.

you're not alone.    i'm more of a James Allen guy, so i always go .... AND WE ARE .. GGGOOOOOOOOOOO !!!      There's a big U-turn right down our high-way, i would always lean my head to the side as if going on 80 miles per hour hahaha.

6 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Great footage! 

good times.     7Up and Fujifilm main sponsors.   I keep looking for Fido Dido's face on the car :D 

too bad formula has become super boring these past years.     When they took out the refueling during pit stops, that killed the excitement.   oh well ..............

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Great footage! 

Jordan decided to give Schumacher a chance after his first test drive(Silverstone), which was also the very first time he sat inside an F1 car.

Prior driving it the team made very clear to Schumacher that this is the same car he will be using in Spa 4 days later for his first race ever, and that this will be the same engine and there is no other. That he must be careful not to crash the car, because there isn't another one.

But with all of that pressure Schumacher had to perform and impress Jordan's team.

"Anderson watched as Schumacher pulled away and began to accelerate. Anderson could see instantly that the car control, the finesse was already there. As Schumacher completed his opening lap at speed he approached the little group (Weber, Foster, Phillips, Anderson and three mechanics resting on the armco) at 150 160mph there was a kink and a chicane. Ordinarily as Phillips says drivers would lifted off at the kink for the chicane but Schumacher came at them flat out. Istinctively they stepped backwards. Schumacher was gone into his second lap."

Foster said "Within three laps the brakes were glowing into the chicane, he was flicking it through and i remember to this day turning to Weber and saying "We've got to call him in, slow him down by getting him out of the car!" He'd been immediately on the pace, immediately, like bomp-bomp-bomp. Three laps, there he was. No question of "I'll feel the brakes in because they are carbon brakes and ive never driven with them before" no, just bomp-bomp-bomp! Once Foster had told Weber this he said to Phillips "Go and ring Edie Jordan and tell him we've found a star!"

Edited by True Bender
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's brilliant xD! You're never too old mate. 

I see you are new to the forum too, welcome :)!

thanks for the welcome.  i find this forum very fun, only 163 members but most of them are very active.   nice community you have here :)

back to formula one, any news on Schumy ??

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xvbcfbx0eogz.jpg

Funny because it's true.

Funny, but true and sad :D Hopefully Liberty Media keep their promise to bring back some of the more traditional tracks. I miss Imola! 

• The topic was pinned