talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

On 21.4.2017 at 7:23 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know how to neatly split quotes up like you did... so I'll just go one by one.

I didn't know that about McLaren, Honda and the spare Mercedes engine. It's interesting, reverse engineering to try to build upon an already good system is something Japan has done very well in the automotive industry. I honestly don't know what Honda is trying to prove by refusing to look outside of Honda for the answers.

Definitely agree that Alonso's conduct has really hindered him, the way he left Ferrari probably damaged his chances of ever being in one of the best cars in a F1 season for the rest of his career. I agree, Renault is probably the most realistic option. I think he'd do well in a Williams car though, I think he's could outperform Massa right now - and I don't have a whole lot of faith in $troll. I also think Ricciardo will take Kimi's spot at Ferrari soon, personally.

I think it's very close between Mercedes & Ferrari. Mercedes looks better in testing, but in an actual races Vettel and his car have looked outstanding.

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130645

Ferrari F1 team 'not interested' in having Fernando Alonso back

5 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

So Ricciardo and Vettel pointed out that Bottas did a jump start, and Vettel's the only one who is a dick. But I get it, everyone loves Danny Ric! 

Tbf Ricciardo is generally seems much less irritating. I understand that it's pretty common for top drivers to be total pricks, but there's something about Vettel where he manages to bother me constantly. It's probably a personal problem with me lol

Kimi will always remain my favourite driver of all time.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Asking the question is fine but to then disagree with the blatant facts like Seb has done 

Except, as I pointed out earlier, IT WAS A JUMP START. Just within limits. Don't blame Seb for his hawkeyes. 

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Except he didn't, otherwise it would have been punished.

His wheels were moving before the lights went out, but he just let the clutch go and didn't accelerate yet. SO TECHNICALLY... :P

• Subscriber

Watching that old F1 video above and that led on to me watching more on Youtube and it just reminds me how good it was and how much I loved it growing up. 

I remember owning loads of toy cars(some of them F1 cars) and as a young boy I knew all the drivers and it was actually quite impressive for someone so young. Montoya, Trulli, Frentzen, Panis, Fisichella, Alonso etc etc. Good memories :D 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber

Some sad news as the British Racing Drivers Club (BRDC) have stated that under the current deal, they will not be running the British Grand Prix at Silverstone beyond 2019, unless a new deal can be reached.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10944415/silverstone-confirm-break-from-f1-contract-from-2019-what-does-that-mean-for-british-gp-future

The British GP survived by the skin of its teeth a few years ago when there was a lot of talk about it being moved to Donington Park but they eventually found a compromise to continue at Silverstone. Liberty Media have impressed me so far and to be honest I expect they'll find a deal this time as well because having a British GP is quite a big deal for the F1 calendar.

There's always the possibility too that they might try and hold a street race (night race?) in London which is an idea they've flirted with in the past.

• Subscriber

I can only see this being a negotiating strategy for a new fair deal for Silverstone. There's no way Liberty Media would allow the British GP or any other historical race to disappear from F1 calendar. If it works though, I wonder if other circuits will follow suit trying to get better deals for themselves. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lewis-hamilton-noshow-leaves-f1-fans-fuming-despite-spectacular-london-parade-a3586611.html

Lewis Hamilton's bizarre no-show at tonight's spectacular London parade was greeted by a number of jeers as frustrated fans vented their fury at his absence.

xD Typical. 

• The topic was pinned