talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Bottas takes his second win of the year, that boy is pure class.

Ricciardo putting together a sensational run of performances recently constantly getting on the podium in the third best car.

Tense race, bit anti climactic until that close finish. Good races also from Grosjean, Palmer, Williams and Force India. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

yeah apparently frame by frame it's so tight. Bottas wheel moves as lights change. 

Bottas released the clutch while the red lights were still on, but it engaged exactly when the light went off. Incredibly lucky.

Perez disrespected the blue flags as usual. :cardY:

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't stand Vettel. He gets off lighltly for ramming a car, then he bitches because Bottas had a better start than him. I imagine he's an awful person to be around.

Most Germans are

Apart from Tsubs, I love Tsubs

Edited by Storts

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not in my experience tbh. The ones I know are all very down to earth and not cunty. Vettel seems like a total cunt.

Way to ruin my wind up, thanks mate. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't stand Vettel. He gets off lighltly for ramming a car, then he bitches because Bottas had a better start than him. I imagine he's an awful person to be around.

To be honest, I always wonder why people are surprised about top racing drivers having questionable personalities, at least on track. I think the very nature of motorsports sort of means that in order to be the best (or one of the best), you have to be more self-centered, confident to borderline arrogant, dominant and ruthlessly competitive, willing to do almost anything for a win. Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Schumi, Senna, Prost, Lauda, Mansell etc - each of them was a bit of a dick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not really. Most drivers get on really well with him, and he's even the only driver on the grid who Kimi calls a friend :P He's a fun guy off track with a great sense of humour, and a great teamplayer. 

And to be fair, Bottas did have a jump start, it was just within limits. Ricciardo was actually the first one to complain about it over the radio. 

Anyway, boring race apart from the first and last lap. Seb almost catching Bottas, Danny defending brilliantly against Lewis. Good stuff! Gotta feel sorry for Max these days though. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Storts said:

Lewis is having absolute no luck again this year, feel for him a bit. 

Yep. :(

I'd rather anyone win the title over Vettel but I really hope Lewis has a little bit of luck for a change and beats the cunt.

• Subscriber

Vettel thinking he knows better from being sat in the car seeing Bottas' start probably out of the corner of the eye than the race officials who have the benefit of telemetry and countless replays is stupid.

He's no Schumacher and most of the time I'd simply describe him as determined and unyielding but you have to admit there are occasions where he just needs to shut his mouth and admit he was wrong. I remember when he blamed Webber for the Turkey 2010 crash that was clearly his fault, there was Multi 21, denying that he drove dangerously in Baku this year, and while vehemently claiming that Bottas jumped the start doesn't compare to any of those instances it's still arrogant to refuse to admit he was mistaken but like nudge says, this is what you expect from top racing drivers. It is easy to forget what a bellend he can be because he comes across as such a nice jovial chap off the track.

Hamilton, by contrast, doesn't come off in front of the cameras as well as Seb does, is an absolute melt on social media and embarrassingly obsessed with his image, but very rarely crosses the line in the same way I've mentioned about Vettel. He got a lot of penalties for borderline aggressive driving in his first few years in the sport, a process we've seen Verstappen going through more recently, but seems to have found the balance these days.

End of the day they're both cry babies in their own individual ways. I'm not complaining as frankly, it makes things more interesting and it's a crime that it's taken 10 years since they both debuted in F1, that despite winning the championship in seven of those years between them, this is the first time we get to see them go head to head for a title.

However, I hope Red Bull are more competitive next year so I can get behind Danny Ric to wipe the floor with both of them :D.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Vettel thinking he knows better from being sat in the car seeing Bottas' start probably out of the corner of the eye than the race officials who have the benefit of telemetry and countless replays is stupid.

Well, technically it was a jump start though. Just within limits. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Well, technically it was a jump start though. Just within limits. 

Technically maybe but the car wasn't moving before the lights went out so who actually cares? Vettel should work on his reactions B|.

• The topic was pinned