talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Germany leading quite comfortably against Japan in their opening game. 

They don't even show it on free TV here. :( 

Lithuania is leading Egypt by 13 points. I haven't watched basketball in over a decade, thought it's a good opportunity to get back into it

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Have Magenta Sport- your own team playing 3.Liga has advantages, sometimes.xD

I was already mentally preparing for Magenta TV when we were close to relegation under Christian Preußer. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Wow, Latvia beat France 88:86 despite trailing by 12 pts at the start of Q4, which means that France are already eliminated from the World Cup. They lost their first group game against Canada, too - by 30 points, nonetheless! Pretty crazy, considering that they won bronze medals in the last tournament...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Nice.

So depending on how Slovenia vs. Australia ends, it could mean that Germany qualified for the Quarter finals already. 

Nice!

Lithuania just won 92:67 against Greece, which means we're now qualified for the quarterfinals too :D Very important win, as USA is the remaining team in the group.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nice!

Lithuania just won 92:67 against Greece, which means we're now qualified for the quarterfinals too :D Very important win, as USA is the remaining team in the group.

Can Germany face Lithuania in the quarters? 🤔

• Subscriber

It was a crazy game. Managed to get a 21 point lead early in Q1, almost blew it in Q3, but managed to keep the gap above 4 points until the very end. Good stuff. If all goes well, I think Lithuania and Germany could meet in the final, that would be cool... But first, we have Serbia to beat in the quarterfinals. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Lithuania lost against Serbia by 19 pts today and are out :( Kind of saw it coming, Serbia was always one of our bogey opponents... Will cheer for the winner of the Germany v Latvia game until the end now.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lithuania lost against Serbia by 19 pts today and are out :( Kind of saw it coming, Serbia was always one of our bogey opponents... Will cheer for the winner of the Germany v Latvia game until the end now.

Not really related, still I'm curious: how's the sporting relation between Lithuania and Latvia as much of a  fierce rivalry as eg Germany and some of their neighbours, especially Netherlands and Austria?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not reaaly related, still I'm curious: how's the sporting relation between Lithuania and Latvia as much of a  fierce rivalry as eg Germany and some of their neighbours, especially Netherlands and Austria?

No, in fact, quite the contrary! No rivalry at all, but mutual support instead 😅 The relationship between the two nations is very cordial, and it extends to sports as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I was so looking forward to Lithuania vs. Germany. :( Of course fucking Serbia has to ruin it. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I was so looking forward to Lithuania vs. Germany. :( Of course fucking Serbia has to ruin it. 

You were looking forward to Lithuania vs Germany? This way to put it is quite cheeky, since the earliest date both teams could have possibly met would have been the final, so this sentence can be seen as implying Germany would win not only against Latvia in the quarterfinals but also beat the the USA in the semifinals.xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose