• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CONMEBOL WCQ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

That result could well get Diniz sacked. That's Brazil's historical home form broken once and for all. First defeat at home for Brazil in WCQ ever.

Yep. The Diniz experiment has been a huge failure. He simply doesn't have enough experience and expertise at this point of his career to coach Brazil, even if it's on a temporary basis. 

The worst part of it is that Ancelotti is close to extending his contract with Real Madrid. 

There are not good options in Brazil and the squad is simply not that good. I think CBF should give Mourinho a call. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

Yep. The Diniz experiment has been a huge failure. He simply doesn't have enough experience and expertise at this point of his career to coach Brazil, even if it's on a temporary basis. 

The worst part of it is that Ancelotti is close to extending his contract with Real Madrid. 

There are not good options in Brazil and the squad is simply not that good. I think CBF should give Mourinho a call. 

Tite is looking good by this point. You and I both know he was THE Brazilian manager.

2 failed World Cup's in a row means it genuinely is time for a foreigner.

5 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Tite is looking good by this point. You and I both know he was THE Brazilian manager.

2 failed World Cup's in a row means it genuinely is time for a foreigner.

I agree. Tite is still the best brazilian coach and yet he looked completely out of depth in 2 World Cups. 

The level of coaching in Brazil leaves a lot to be desired. 

3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Fuck off, Venezuela equalize.

I would love to see Venezuela qualifying for the World Cup just to see Soteldo playing at the highest level. He's very underrated due to his height, but he's such a fun player to watch. 

12 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I agree. Tite is still the best brazilian coach and yet he looked completely out of depth in 2 World Cups. 

The level of coaching in Brazil leaves a lot to be desired. 

I would love to see Venezuela qualifying for the World Cup just to see Soteldo playing at the highest level. He's very underrated due to his height, but he's such a fun player to watch. 

Savarino too. Soteldo we've kept quiet today but that resulted in Savarino taking the big stage, we've focused too much on the eye candy talent. Venezuela have always had good players, but internal conflict has always took it's toll.

20 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I agree, but mostly because it's an Argentine managing Uruguay and nobody understands the Uruguayans as well as them. Brother nations after all.

Yeah, Uruguayans are literally the only people you could confuse with an Argentine(or viceversa) if you are a Spanish speaker.

By the way, I didn't realise that Brazil had never lost at home in the qualifiers prior to last night. I obviously knew they wouldn't have lost very many but it didn't occur to me that they had never lost at all. Very impressive.

5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, Uruguayans are literally the only people you could confuse with an Argentine(or viceversa) if you are a Spanish speaker.

By the way, I didn't realise that Brazil had never lost at home in the qualifiers prior to last night. I obviously knew they wouldn't have lost very many but it didn't occur to me that they had never lost at all. Very impressive.

I told you this back in 2019. Brazil for most countries on their turf are borderline unbeatable. Only the best of the best can match them there.

Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Netherlands and Germany are the lucky teams that have been able to win there.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Be a disappointment if Scaloni does call it quits. The players, staff, and fans have fully committed to him.

Should at the very least stay until after the next world cup. 

Think he's uncomfortable with Tapia (the president) but I also do think if he calls if quits he is doing it on a high note. He's won everything, may as well keep your reputation intact for the rest of time.

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Think he's uncomfortable with Tapia (the president) but I also do think if he calls if quits he is doing it on a high note. He's won everything, may as well keep your reputation intact for the rest of time.

Either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 

Going to be difficult to replace him. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

@nudge

What is Pizarro's current role in Germany? People want him as the FPF director of football, a decision I'd be all for if it were true. He was a flop as a player for the NT but in the last 10 years he has been a correct person and I would happily take him as he still loves the country.

Not quite sure, but it's something stupid like "brand ambassador" for Bayern...

Just now, nudge said:

Not quite sure, but it's something stupid like "brand ambassador" for Bayern...

Surely that isn't of that high value, hope Oblitas gets to work and brings him in. The only thing is Guerrero will retire if he becomes the director, and he's still unfortunately our 2nd best forward and the best leader in South America..

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Surely that isn't of that high value, hope Oblitas gets to work and brings him in. The only thing is Guerrero will retire if he becomes the director, and he's still unfortunately our 2nd best forward and the best leader in South America..

For some reason I read that as "the dictator" and that really confused me... xD