Walsall vs Forest Green
Wrexham vs Morecambe

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't get to follow the leader in Gaffr this week do hopefully the Rotherham Leeds game is called off due to a sink hole or something random that only happens in Rotherham.

How come you can't do follow the leader? 

• Subscriber

Leeds still seemingly can't go 3/4 games without a rick. Rotherham have taken points off them, Ipswich and Southampton since October. A club after our hearts.

Not going to our game tomorrow and annoyingly my 6 hour flight home leaves in about the 75th minute. We don't do early business in these games. There was a stat about us that only once all season there's been more than a goal in the game that late on, so that doesn't help my case.

I think it'll be quite bitty. No Winks will take something away from our build up and Watford are low key pretty well organised under Ismael. I fancy this game to be quite low scoring. Under 2.5 goals if I was betting on it. We do usually always win this fixture though so hopefully eritage wins the day.

I'll say 1-0 to us.

• Administrator

Great to have Ndidi back. Really missed his presence in midfield. Will be interesting to see how we cope without having Winks in midfield. 

Iheanacho has to start performing. Been pretty crap last few games. 

20231125_140048.jpg

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great to have Ndidi back. Really missed his presence in midfield. Will be interesting to see how we cope without having Winks in midfield. 

Iheanacho has to start performing. Been pretty crap last few games. 

20231125_140048.jpg

Is it a system issue with Iheanacho?

The only thing putting me off us signing him was whenever I thought he was brilliant he was playing in a two. Which we don't have the players to pull off.

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Is it a system issue with Iheanacho?

The only thing putting me off us signing him was whenever I thought he was brilliant he was playing in a two. Which we don't have the players to pull off.

Sometimes system, but other times he's just really off it and his touch is all over the place. You can have a game like against Norwich where he did exactly what was clearly asked of him, hold the ball, turn the defender and get attacks going. Other times in the same system he gives the ball away far too much and very much breaks down attacks. 

Recently the system has been slow and ponderous, so the regular chances for strikers just isn't there. If he misses one, the next opportunity to score could be a long time away. 

I think he should have a fair few more goals too given his quality. 

And he probably does play better in a 2. He's not the kind of player to do the chasing and the finishing. He needs a partner to do the harder work and then he can be in the box to finish chances. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Sometimes system, but other times he's just really off it and his touch is all over the place. You can have a game like against Norwich where he did exactly what was clearly asked of him, hold the ball, turn the defender and get attacks going. Other times in the same system he gives the ball away far too much and very much breaks down attacks. 

Recently the system has been slow and ponderous, so the regular chances for strikers just isn't there. If he misses one, the next opportunity to score could be a long time away. 

I think he should have a fair few more goals too given his quality. 

And he probably does play better in a 2. He's not the kind of player to do the chasing and the finishing. He needs a partner to do the harder work and then he can be in the box to finish chances. 

That sounds quite similar to Edouard so I can see why our board kept their powder dry. 

May be a weird situatuon for Leicester where he may be more useful for them next season as opposed to this one, just based on placement and circumstance.

Vardy getting two today at least bodes well for you lot in Janaury. Fixture congestion slows down whilst AFCON is on. If he hits form after his inevitable boxing day suspension that will be massive.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

That sounds quite similar to Edouard so I can see why our board kept their powder dry. 

May be a weird situatuon for Leicester where he may be more useful for them next season as opposed to this one, just based on placement and circumstance.

Vardy getting two today at least bodes well for you lot in Janaury. Fixture congestion slows down whilst AFCON is on. If he hits form after his inevitable boxing day suspension that will be massive.

Yeah hopefully he's still with us. Contract is up in summer if I remember correctly. 

We also have Cannon back from injury and I'm sure he'll be used over the busy winter period and AFCON. 

• The topic was unpinned