• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2023/24 - 24-25th November, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Stan said:

And we score in the 76th minute.

That is unbelievable xD.

I knew there was no way on the planet our game would be sealed before then. I was very confident it'd be 0-0 by then actually.

Just watched the highlights - looks like we took a long time to get going but we overwhelmed them in the end. Impressive numbers from us and a decent attacking display by the looks of it after a few games where we've been very blunt.

Ipswich lose and Leeds / Saints drop points against sides at the bottom. Best weekend of our season simply.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Is it a system issue with Iheanacho?

The only thing putting me off us signing him was whenever I thought he was brilliant he was playing in a two. Which we don't have the players to pull off.

I'm starting to really admit defeat on Iheanacho and just concede he's very inconsistent, very much so on his own, I don't think he can play as a lone striker. His best run for us did come in a two but the system itself was probably a detriment to the team it isn't a system I expect us go anywhere near under Maresca (though I'm probably wrong in thinking he's totally wedded to this 3-2-4-1).

I think he's had a rough deal for a lot of his time here, but this was the season to really prove that and frankly, so far, he's vindicated his doubters. He really hasn't looked any better in this league.

You can't really argue with what he produces per 90 in terms of goals and assists and he's absolutely a good option to have, but whenever he gets a run of games, the brutal reality is he just isn't taking it.

Didn't see our game earlier - but hooked at 0-0. I'm increasingly thinking just the natural parting happens in the summer now.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah hopefully he's still with us. Contract is up in summer if I remember correctly. 

We also have Cannon back from injury and I'm sure he'll be used over the busy winter period and AFCON. 

Cannon will be more important than people think is my guess. Maresca was supposedly quite pushy for that signing which tells me that he doesn't really see either Vardy or Iheanacho as that suited to how he wants to play. Only catch with Cannon is he seemed to play in a two a fair bit for Preston as well I think?

Think he's a smart signing from us. Not a big outlay for a player who has a pretty good record in this level and is only 20.

In classic Leeds style, our own worst enemy is often ourselves.

To be honest, there had been games prior to that (QPR, Bristol City, Leicester, Plymouth) where we've been the better side and missed chances to put the game away and we've got away with the sting in the tail. Friday we weren't clinical and this time paid the price.

I think we've really got to start upping our concentration levels now because we've dropped some silly points to sides we'd be expected to roll.

Not sure if its complacency in games because we're nearly always on top and the players don't panic too much about missing chances or but it's got to stop.

Luckily we got away with it with Ipswich and Saints not winning.

Edited by Lucas

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

In classic Leeds style, our own worst enemy is often ourselves.

To be honest, there had been games prior to that (QPR, Bristol City, Leicester, Plymouth) where we've been the better side and missed chances to put the game away and we've got away with the sting in the tail. Friday we weren't clinical and this time paid the price.

I think we've really got to start upping our concentration levels now because we've dropped some silly points to sides we'd be expected to roll.

Not sure if its complacency in games because we're nearly always on top and the players don't panic too much about missing chances or but it's got to stop.

Luckily we got away with it with Ipswich and Saints not winning.

I think it's you who lives/lived around Southampton. You planning to go to our game on Saturday?

• The topic was unpinned