• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nottm Forest Replace Steve Cooper with Nuno Espirito Santo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's harsh on the manager that took them up, from nowhere.

But I do also kind of like that it gives Nuno another Premier League chance. He did incredible things with Wolves. Who were spending more than they had ever spent. And seemed a lot like nobody at Spurs wanted him. From the 1st appointment announcement.

• The title was changed to Nottm Forest Replace Steve Cooper with Nuno Espirito Santo

I don't agree with the sentiment that this is a bad appointment.

He plays a similar system to Steve Cooper and his track record at Rio Ave, Porto, Valencia and Wolves speaks for itself. Spurs was a bit fit but a 50% win record with dull football is something Forest fans will take.

He also likes to utilise a small squad which is what Nottingham Forest need. He will tell Maranakis which players he can work with and which players he's bought are duds. Steve Cooper had been publicly saying he wants more signings!

Also, I like Steve Cooper, I wanted him to replace Roy when he was at Swansea, however he's won one of the last thirteen and won two of twenty seven away games. There's a split in the camp and he got thrashed 5-0 to Fulham. I know they're outside the bottom three (thanks to the promoted teams being awful) but something had to change. There's no point letting a storm brew. He may go on to be a good Premier League manager over time but the situation wasn't going to improve at Forest.