talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/spider-man-is-out-of-the-mcu-thanks-to-sonydisney-standoff/

Didn't really know where to post this so I am just going to post it here as I think there's a gaming angle to this. Last year Sony did really well with the new Spiderman and my guess is that the licensing allows for that kind of promotion of character in their games. I get why they couldn't come to an amicable agreement but honestly why would Sony let go of a potential cash cow where they aren't sharing the revenue on multiple fronts and instead only having to deal with Marvel?

Just now, Mel81x said:

Hows that other pirate game coming along? Sea of Thieves? 

I've only played a bit since completing the quest line for their big update - but they did add another new update with new quests. I just haven't played much of it lately. That game's always a good time if you've got a good group of friends on, but otherwise... it can be a bit dull. And you've also got to set aside 2-3 hours to play, which can be impossible sometimes.

Most of what I've been playing lately is Rocket League, which is like my bread and butter

27 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Has anyone on here actually played A Plague Tale? I was skeptic about buying it when it first came out but I am thinking with the backlog dying off slowly I am going to go get it. 

Heard of it but not played it myself. Supposed to be quite good from what I've heard. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Has anyone played Detroit: Become Human? The missus has got a PS4 and it's on my account so tempted to give it a go when I'm next there. Seen a few vids on YouTube and it looks alright.

Its good maybe not as good as the last two games Quantic made though but its still a decent game.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the DCMS has recommended the UK Government to regulate loot boxes under the Gambling Act. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-11-dcms-recommends-uk-government-regulates-loot-boxes-under-the-gambling-act

Would love to see this happen but remain unconvinced that they (be it the Tories, Labour, cross party, whatever) will actually regulate loot boxes. 

That EA bint never helped EA's defence mind by trying to rebrand them as 'surprise mechanics'. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So the DCMS has recommended the UK Government to regulate loot boxes under the Gambling Act. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-11-dcms-recommends-uk-government-regulates-loot-boxes-under-the-gambling-act

Would love to see this happen but remain unconvinced that they (be it the Tories, Labour, cross party, whatever) will actually regulate loot boxes. 

That EA bint never helped EA's defence mind by trying to rebrand them as 'surprise mechanics'. 

Think the problem that is stated is more a global issue than just in the UK government. It all really depends on how you see it, as a concerned parent you dont want your child abusing money to pay for loot boxes and as a consumer you dont want to have to pay for stuff when you've already shelled out money for the game. EA are the worst at this and they have already received backlash from the community on their lootbox practices but its never really been something regulated before and I sincerely hope this is the start of it.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, the Mario Kart mobile game has been released and........ it's a bit meh really. Not a fan of the steering so far and have read the game is very grindy and quite unfriendly in regards to microtransactions. 

However, one big question. Why is there an option for a £5 monthly subscription? O.o

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean I watched the Dunkey video about it and laughed my ass off.......the rake in the lake.......

I've been watching it on and off on Twitch and the way people get creative to complete the micro missions is hilarious. Couple that with dialog and it turns into a good comedy set.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/10/doom-eternal-joins-this-years-game-delay-club-will-launch-march-2020/

Another delay. Coming out March 20th, 2020 now. Birthday month purchase I suppose.

Doom Eternal, Yakuza Remastered Collection, Last of Us Part 2 and the first part of the FF7 Remake. All within a month or so. And my birthday is bang in the middle of it as well. 

Fantastic. ¬¬

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Doom Eternal, Yakuza Remastered Collection, Last of Us Part 2 and the first part of the FF7 Remake. All within a month or so. And my birthday is bang in the middle of it as well. 

Fantastic. ¬¬

Same here. There will be another title around then too I highly doubt Nintendo are going to leave it as a month for the rest of the big names to put out big titles.

On 10/10/2019 at 21:48, Dr. Gonzo said:

Activision-Blizzard is (rightly) getting a ton of flak for the censorship and ban of a HK Hearthstone player.

I haven't read a massive amount into this (a tournament winner mentioning about Hong Kong on the stream I think) but the fact that everyone is up in arms for something that Activision Blizzard have done isn't surprising at all. 

18 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah the whole thing is utterly ridiculous, took away his winnings and banned him. 

Just read that he will now receive the prize money and have his suspension lowered to six months. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-12-after-a-week-of-protests-blizzard-issues-statement-on-pro-hong-kong-hearthstone-player-ban

Still ott mind. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't read a massive amount into this (a tournament winner mentioning about Hong Kong on the stream I think) but the fact that everyone is up in arms for something that Activision Blizzard have done isn't surprising at all. 

Just read that he will now receive the prize money and have his suspension lowered to six months. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-12-after-a-week-of-protests-blizzard-issues-statement-on-pro-hong-kong-hearthstone-player-ban

Still ott mind. 

I feel fortunate that I haven’t enjoyed a game made my Activision-Blizzard in some time (well I liked the latest CoD for about 4 weeks before getting tired of it) - cos I feel inclined to not buy any of their shit for a while after this. And if I do get the Modern Warfare reboot out of nostalgia, I’ll buy it used so they don’t get my money.

The situation in Hong Kong is fucked up, and all of these western companies bending to China’s censorship is also fucked up. South Park has it right, they just need Tegridy.