talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

No problem! When I saw it on sale I knew you'd be interested :D 

Well that's a bit odd, started off with Anno 1404, saved my progress and have tried to go back in and it won't allow me to play it for some reason?? all the other games are ready to play except the one I already started?? 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well that's a bit odd, started off with Anno 1404, saved my progress and have tried to go back in and it won't allow me to play it for some reason?? all the other games are ready to play except the one I already started?? 

How come? Any error messages?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I did a reset and it seems to have sprung into life now... xD

Panic over... 

I think the game was still running in the background (didn't exit properly for some reason). Apparently it's some sort of a bug that happens every once in a while! 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://finalweapon.net/2020/02/07/daisuke-ishiwatari-from-arc-system-works-states-that-the-team-failed-with-the-current-ui-of-guilty-gear-strive-currently-working-on-new-ui/

Apparently the whole team failed on the UI so they are working on a new one. How long that takes is a completely different question now. Was quite looking forward to this and they say its still coming out in 2020.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not sure if I have posted this in the right section or not?

A new Alien FPS featuring Ripley and Newt was shelved after Disney bought Fox

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/a-new-alien-fps-featuring-ripley-and-newt-was-shelved-after-disney-bought-fox/ar-BBZSepQ

Maybe they'll sell the rights to someone and get a game made in the future. I wonder if they'd partner with ID and give us something fun like what they've done with the Doom Engine.

• Subscriber

Caught tonsilitis so Ive been sick for the better part of two weeks more or less stuck in bed. Caught up on shows and some games! I finally finished God of War. God damn it is a beautiful game from start to finish. The story and scenary 100% makes this the best gow for me. Ive played them all to the finish except Ascension (I got pretty far but I think I lost interest) The game play is on par with the rest I like that you had more options for upgrades and attacks but really as I said the story is just awesome. I will absolutely get back to the game again one day in the future to give it another play through. 

Ive moved onto beating Hitman.. was pretty meh. Now Hitman 2 which so far has far exceeded its predecessor and even the previous game for PS3. Again Ive literally played all the Hitman games through. My favourite before starting these was Hitman 3 Bloody money, that game had so much bloody play to it I could pick up again now and enjoy the levels. BUT Hitman 2 has started our fantastic albeit im only 3 levels in but it seems to rival Bloody money in the detail and game depth I came to love. 

On another side note last week was also my bday and my brother pre ordered the Last of Us 2 I think they bumped it to a May release now. I cant wait for this. I might take time off work, I am way too excited....

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

On another side note last week was also my bday and my brother pre ordered the Last of Us 2 I think they bumped it to a May release now. I cant wait for this. I might take time off work, I am way too excited....

Happy Belated Birthday buddy. Sorry to hear you've been sick and glad you're doing better.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

The grandson is staying the weekend and he is playing this game and the voice of the commentator is driving me round the twist, little silly laughs when he/she makes a mistake, he was playing & watching it last night too and I asked him nicely to turn the volume down its called Portal Knight and he has been explaining to me who is the goodies & baddies...cough, cough, "Ok..."  for the life of me how he can keep up with this I don't know and he is only 6. 

thumbnail_20200215_084315.thumb.jpg.ac37c70879944d27e251cdbdc0a38c76.jpg 

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/is-the-us-market-ready-to-embrace-a-500-game-console/

Its an interesting read to see how back in the 90s there were some true odd-ball decisions on pricing which led to niche console releases. Then fast-forward it seems like M$ loves jacking the price up while Sony takes hits on the price, gets into a loss on manufacturing but makes it up in game sales.

Just one graph from the article

console-price.001.jpeg

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The 3DO's launch price looks insane compared to everything else on that.

What else is funny is that Nintendo had a solid $200 run up until the Wii and WiiU then they jumped it up a bit. Insane to think that at the same time Xbox has been making consoles with a slower marketspace than Sony/Nintendo and their numbers are always on the rise. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

What else is funny is that Nintendo had a solid $200 run up until the Wii and WiiU then they jumped it up a bit. Insane to think that at the same time Xbox has been making consoles with a slower marketspace than Sony/Nintendo and their numbers are always on the rise. 

Seems like MS likes to set a $500 limit with their console releases though? Granted, it seems insane when you think about how cheap the consoles become just a year after launch.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems like MS likes to set a $500 limit with their console releases though? Granted, it seems insane when you think about how cheap the consoles become just a year after launch.

I think that's about right. You have to wonder how much money Sony is losing when you see these numbers though. M$ has banked on their online services (which are phenomenal and rightly so) to add-on to the market for their consoles added with the fact that R+D for the controller sets always goes both for PC and XBox so they should be making a killing in that market but they aren't and its one of the two Japanese manufacturers who are always topping the scales in that respect. 

I think the next Xbox console is going to bench itself at 500 while Sony are watching to get market-share by dropping their price. That's the game Sony is playing right now because they are just dying to tell the world about Playstation 5 but at the same time they want Microsoft to tell the world about their new XBox project and set the price. Then Sony can do some slicing and dicing to come out with a cheaper price.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I think that's about right. You have to wonder how much money Sony is losing when you see these numbers though. M$ has banked on their online services (which are phenomenal and rightly so) to add-on to the market for their consoles added with the fact that R+D for the controller sets always goes both for PC and XBox so they should be making a killing in that market but they aren't and its one of the two Japanese manufacturers who are always topping the scales in that respect. 

I think the next Xbox console is going to bench itself at 500 while Sony are watching to get market-share by dropping their price. That's the game Sony is playing right now because they are just dying to tell the world about Playstation 5 but at the same time they want Microsoft to tell the world about their new XBox project and set the price. Then Sony can do some slicing and dicing to come out with a cheaper price.

How's the Sony equivalent of Xbox Live that they rolled out once the PS4 ended Sony's free online services. Because I had a PS3 at uni and the online services were always shite compared to my roommate's Xbox 360 - but I always thought "ah, it's fine if it's not the greatest because it's free."

I almost got a PS4 until I learned basically everyone out here in the same timezone I'd be playing video games with had an Xbox One (although I'm well happy with that because Halo 5 gave me 2 years of some excellent online gaming & some of the Microsoft exclusives have been surprisingly fun - the Gears series, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct) and that they both charged money to use the online services. I think because Microsoft has been a software company for so long... they've really got a great thing going with their online services.

Sony's got that whole PS Vue though, which gets them in on the TV streaming game with their consoles - where they compete with other US TV streaming companies like Google's YouTubeTV, Sling, etc... so they've got a pretty smart idea trying to undercut Microsoft and getting people hooked on their additional services. But Xbox does have the Xbox Game Pass, which I've now got bundled with my Xbox Live subscription... and it's pretty ridiculous value. I imagine all console manufacturers want as many of their users subscribed to as many of these extra services as possible. It's where they make their real money.

It does bother me, paying a company to use the internet I've already paid for... but Game Pass does make it less irritating (especially as I was able to convert 3 years of Xbox Live into Game Pass Ultimate for $3). But it's really smart from Sony/Microsoft.

I just wonder if Sony's done more with their services to get more people to sign up other than the fact they just need to if they're playing online. Because Nintendo's online services (thank god they're cheap though) are straight outta the fucking late 90s/early 2000s. Utter shite.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How's the Sony equivalent of Xbox Live that they rolled out once the PS4 ended Sony's free online services. Because I had a PS3 at uni and the online services were always shite compared to my roommate's Xbox 360 - but I always thought "ah, it's fine if it's not the greatest because it's free."

Its not bad honestly but they rely on so many Playstation fixed apps to get users more entrenched in their ecosystem (which really isn't theirs) so if you want to watch Amazon Prime or Netflix or Hulu, etc you've got them as part of an application setup process. As far as game networks go though? Microsoft has the upper hand. Sony's network is so piss poor I think its always going to be second-best to Microsoft's unless someone decides to revamp it and Sony Japan just does not seem to care about that part of their market. 

Nintendo on the other hand are absolutely horrible. Frequent drops, poor region management, game downloads on a 300Mbps network at 50Kbps? I know they are fairly new to this arena but surely the engineers they hired to get this working right could have done better.

35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I don't have an Xbox but do admit that the more I hear about Gamepass and what's added to it, the more I get incredibly jealous, especially as PS Now by comparison is laughable. 

Also, cheap advertising. The Yakuza games are due to go onto Gamepass in the next few days. 

I think Gamepass is a pretty steller deal tbh. I've heard many good things about the Yakuza games, but never played them - I'm looking forward to giving them a spin.

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Gamepass is a pretty steller deal tbh. I've heard many good things about the Yakuza games, but never played them - I'm looking forward to giving them a spin.

Though it's a prequel, I'd start with 0 first as it gives the story in Kiwami a bit more behind it. I'll also state that it's a slow burner as well, but gets going as you progress. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/microsoft-unveils-xbox-one-series-x-specs-and-shares-so-1841885827

M$ drops the first hint at their next-gen. I like what I am seeing if im honest.

I'll have to hang fire over this myself. The concern I have is if Microsoft pull the same sort of stunt they did when they announced the Xbox One with all the DRM bollocks, the mandatory Kinect requirement etc.