talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll have to hang fire over this myself. The concern I have is if Microsoft pull the same sort of stunt they did when they announced the Xbox One with all the DRM bollocks, the mandatory Kinect requirement etc. 

I dont think I'll own an Xbox console again. I don't see the appeal honestly.

47 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont think I'll own an Xbox console again. I don't see the appeal honestly.

I liked my original Xbox and the 360 in fairness, but the focus fully towards the Kinect towards the end of the 360's life, the lack of exclusives worth having at the time and the bullshit that Microsoft have when the One was announced did it for me this gen. 

However, I do think they've picked up as we head towards the new gen consoles and hopefully that'll continue. They also get praise for letting me play Cuphead on Switch. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

However, I do think they've picked up as we head towards the new gen consoles and hopefully that'll continue. They also get praise for letting me play Cuphead on Switch. 

Didn't that have more to do with Nintendo wanting the partnership? I can't seem to remember Microsoft wanting in on that honestly but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't that have more to do with Nintendo wanting the partnership? I can't seem to remember Microsoft wanting in on that honestly but I could be wrong.

No idea, though it seems to be benefitting Nintendo more than Microsoft as Switch is getting games like Cuphead (and allowing Banjo and Kazooie as a fighter on Smash Bros) while Microsoft gets.......... something? 

Only thing I can think of is a slice of the sales. 

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/the-nuclear-option-ea-bans-abusive-fifa-player-from-all-of-its-games/

Good. Getting rid of these entitled streamers is the only way to clean up the trash that pollutes the community. Good at a game? Good. Starts abusing players and the company making the game? Get banned. Do it repeatedly? Get banned for life from not just the game but the entire company's platform. It's what they deserve really. I am sure he'll move onto another game but as they say "cant take a tiger out of the jungle" and he'll get banned there eventually too.

• Subscriber

Also, if you're interested in how games are drawn and in particular how some companies make their games look close to Anime and their artwork give this a watch. Even if you hate anime and even if you think fighting games are trash you have to admire the fact that the team behind the work for these games achieved what they did while keeping the stylistic elements similar to the original works. It is a tad bit long but I think its great for anyone looking at character design and modeling. 

On 24/02/2020 at 11:51, Mel81x said:

Phil Spencer of MS seems to want to end the idea of console exclusives at times, he's pushing for more games to go crossplay.

I know that about a year after launch, I'll be getting the new Xbox. I've been happy with the Xbox, despite PS having a few exclusives I feel like I've missed out on - namely I never finished Last of Us & I wanted to play that Spiderman game - I think their online services are just a hell of a lot better & things like gamepass (which also has gotten me some PC games, pretty sweet deal tbh) just make me like the system even more because I get to play more good games that I probably wouldn't have played. Now that they've got backwards compatibility done well & are working towards things like "forwards compatibility" - so I'll be able to play the new Halo on my Xbox One X and when I get the new console... it'll still work and just run better - I think that's very consumer friendly, especially to people who've already got a digital Xbox library.

Obviously the PC is probably the best way to game, but for some reason I like console gaming better - maybe it's the big screen or the not having to worry if my device has the right specs to play a game (although if this forward compatibility thing becomes the norm and consoles start coming out the way phones do... that'll probably start becoming a thing). Then it becomes a question of whether you like one console over another for whatever reason - because other than things like the online services & system exclusives... the main 2 are fairly similar.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Phil Spencer of MS seems to want to end the idea of console exclusives at times, he's pushing for more games to go crossplay.

I know that about a year after launch, I'll be getting the new Xbox. I've been happy with the Xbox, despite PS having a few exclusives I feel like I've missed out on - namely I never finished Last of Us & I wanted to play that Spiderman game - I think their online services are just a hell of a lot better & things like gamepass (which also has gotten me some PC games, pretty sweet deal tbh) just make me like the system even more because I get to play more good games that I probably wouldn't have played. Now that they've got backwards compatibility done well & are working towards things like "forwards compatibility" - so I'll be able to play the new Halo on my Xbox One X and when I get the new console... it'll still work and just run better - I think that's very consumer friendly, especially to people who've already got a digital Xbox library.

Obviously the PC is probably the best way to game, but for some reason I like console gaming better - maybe it's the big screen or the not having to worry if my device has the right specs to play a game (although if this forward compatibility thing becomes the norm and consoles start coming out the way phones do... that'll probably start becoming a thing). Then it becomes a question of whether you like one console over another for whatever reason - because other than things like the online services & system exclusives... the main 2 are fairly similar.

Just wait till Microsoft gets that Scarlet online program working. They'll put Google to shame and have something with a good library behind it and then the game will really change. I think right now they are treading water behind Nintendo and Sony when it comes to actual console sales but thats never been what they are after. They want to bridge that PC/Console gap and it will come in another 5 years time when they get things right in the network space. Stadia, for all intents and purposes, is a great idea and its execution works fine in certain areas but as a whole its a failure and the biggest reason is its limited library coupled with how the internet works across the globe.

If Microsoft spends next-gen moving their computing tech to the cloud with stability and pair it with their Xbox Online Services they'll have something the rest can't really compete with.  But, thats a pipe-dream because they have serious issues with render models and other issues pertaining to how the stream service actually will work so until they figure those things out next-gen isn't coming to us but prior-gens can.

Edited by Mel81x

15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/the-nuclear-option-ea-bans-abusive-fifa-player-from-all-of-its-games/

Good. Getting rid of these entitled streamers is the only way to clean up the trash that pollutes the community. Good at a game? Good. Starts abusing players and the company making the game? Get banned. Do it repeatedly? Get banned for life from not just the game but the entire company's platform. It's what they deserve really. I am sure he'll move onto another game but as they say "cant take a tiger out of the jungle" and he'll get banned there eventually too.

Surprised Ninja hasn't jumped to his defence like he did with the kid who got banned from Fortnite for using an aimbot on a different account. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Surprised Ninja hasn't jumped to his defence like he did with the kid who got banned from Fortnite for using an aimbot on a different account. 

I think that's a far more technical ban than this one. This guy has literally been abusing EA (not like everyone else doesnt want to) and also apparently started calling devs out and abusing them and spitting (which is a vile habit). This is why no one is really taking any stance here. EA is also pretty firm on what they've done and they don't care if one out of millions disappears from their platforms they've got so many others lining up.

I would like to see Ninja's reaction to all this but in all honesty I don't think anyone is paying serious attention other than his followers.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

What an expensive month for gaming. Lots of good titles coming out.

• NiOh 2 (PS) - This is the one I am most excited for
  • Doom Eternal
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Half Life: Alyx
  • The Complex (I wont be getting this but its such an odd-ball concept I am curious how people react to it)
  • Persona 5 Royal

• Subscriber

So I've been following this thing for a while now considering what EA did to Kurt (which I think was well within their rights) and the fact that you can be a big YT celeb but trying to go out and abuse someone who works for a company who made the game which gave you your income deserves a perma-ban.

In this video he goes from remorseful to taking a shit on other streamers to then scoffing at PES. Clearly hasn't learned anything from this and think he can still take potshots at the company that gave him the vehicle that made him famous. The hilarious part in all of this is that he says he doesn't know to do anything else. And here im thinking, there are loads of jobs you can do. It may not be what you want to do right now but thats life and maybe a little bit of a reality check was required here. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looking forward to this. Hard to believe it's only a month away. 

I'm looking forward to it too. Think its going to be a very good remake. I do think that Capcom could have done some things better in terms of adding the run for your life factor to it but as long as Nemsis causes enough chaos I'll be happy.

34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'm looking forward to it too. Think its going to be a very good remake. I do think that Capcom could have done some things better in terms of adding the run for your life factor to it but as long as Nemsis causes enough chaos I'll be happy.

Nemesis is meant to be here, there and everywhere in this, rather than at certain times like Mr. X in Resi 2. Will be interesting to see if this is similar to Alien Isolation. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Incase anyone wants a read when they get unbusy.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/sony-promises-ps5-will-load-content-100x-faster-than-ps4/

Sony is deep diving its PS5 roadmap and its quite good.

I'll have a look at some point, but I hope it isn't just 'super duper graphics'. Preferably I'd like to see improved framerate and AI more than anything. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll have a look at some point, but I hope it isn't just 'super duper graphics'. Preferably I'd like to see improved framerate and AI more than anything. 

Its actually a nice little technical roundup of pushing more data through the pipeline. The article doesn't go very indepth but I am sure other sources will do a better job of technically.