talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Style/type of game you want made?

football forum

• Subscriber

A single player, open-world pirate RPG game where choices matter. 

A truly open-world, free-roam Star Wars game where you can travel around a fully-explorable vast universe (generated like in Space Engine) doing whatever the fuck you want. 

An open-world hard sci-fi game with heavy focus on diplomacy, politics, trade, colonization, science & technology, terraforming of planets, etc. Preferably based on The Expanse, or just something similar.

A historically accurate game about preparing for and embarking on expeditions. Polar expeditions, Africa, Asia, etc. A mix of survival + sailing/traveling + making discoveries.

A single-player game set in pre-Colombian Americas, with historically accurate representation of nations/tribes. Heavy focus on politics, trade, culture. 

A racing driver simulator where you start from grassroots motorsports as a kid, and move up the career ladder through various racing series. 

Similar to above, an immersive first-person football player simulator game where you start in youth academy as a kid and try to make it to the top, and including detailed events both on and off the pitch. Something similar to the concept in I am Playr, which was a brilliant idea. 

A proper game based on LOST TV series. So many possibilities there. 

More couch co-op narrative-driven adventure games with a well-written story.

• Upvote 3

Issue with RPG's nowadays is that their hype is never delivered. Hogwarts Legacy or Dragon's Dogma 2 had very poor/weak decision making outcomes and although the open world was beautiful, it still felt limited to where you can go and what you can do. The main story was too short and the side quests were very unfulfilling. There were a lack of relationship and character building, so you never really felt taken into the world itself. None of which are remotely replayable. 

Currently playing the Witcher 3 and I can see why its been praised as it has. I'd love something as expansive as this in a game of thrones/lord of the rings type RPG with unique character customization. 

• Upvote 1

A game where you hunt down Pep Guardiola and other bald cunts (referees/PMGOL workers) from English football. Capture them and train them to fight each other, like Pokemon.

Bald Cunt Fighting Club is what we can call it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

An open-world hard sci-fi game with heavy focus on diplomacy, politics, trade, colonization, science & technology, terraforming of planets, etc. Preferably based on The Expanse, or just something similar.

It's a strategy game... and it's Paradox games so it's a "grand strategy" game - but you should check out Stellaris, might be something you enjoy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellaris_(video_game)

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a strategy game... and it's Paradox games so it's a "grand strategy" game - but you should check out Stellaris, might be something you enjoy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellaris_(video_game)

Yeah, I know Stellaris... But I want something like first or third person, action-adventure, RPG, etc. Thanks though!

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I know Stellaris... But I want something like first or third person, action-adventure, RPG, etc. Thanks though!

Action-adventure with diplomacy and politics would either be really cool... or really boring depending on how they implement politics.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Survival Horror game that actually keeps you on your toes till the very end

• Fuck open world; we have enough of that already.
  • Players choose their stats as they start the game and do not level up once the character is built. 
  • Corridor style shooting/action system
  • Just a knife, a shotgun and a pistol
    • Throw in a torch just to add to the horror
    • Torches can be used as a weapon
    • Enemies can lurk in dark spaces that can only be lit by torches.
    • Health is obtained very rarely so being mindful of environments and enemies is important.
  • Two antagonists who run after you through the whole game and are relentless till both of them are dead.
  • Heavily reliant on environmental damage to kill bosses / enemies.
  • Time limits on levels to force tension and survival instinct kick in
    • You gain more time by engaging the antagonists and winning the fight.
  • Perma-Death on failure
  • Co-Op with infect ratio gain so that if you get infected you now switch teams and start hunting your partner. 
    • Max team-size: 4
    • No respawn just perma-death
    • Level does not reduce enemy count on partner conversion/death.
    • Converted players can team up with two antagonists to chase the non-infected team through the game.
  • Game gets slightly easier with bigger groups of protagonists.

I feel like someone will make something like this, but game design is quite hell-bent on having winners and heroes that turning someone to the other side seems like it wouldn't sell. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nudge said:

A single player, open-world pirate RPG game where choices matter. 

A truly open-world, free-roam Star Wars game where you can travel around a fully-explorable vast universe (generated like in Space Engine) doing whatever the fuck you want. 

A historically accurate game about preparing for and embarking on expeditions. Polar expeditions, Africa, Asia, etc. A mix of survival + sailing/traveling + making discoveries.

A single-player game set in pre-Colombian Americas, with historically accurate representation of nations/tribes. Heavy focus on politics, trade, culture. 

A racing driver simulator where you start from grassroots motorsports as a kid, and move up the career ladder through various racing series. 

Similar to above, an immersive first-person football player simulator game where you start in youth academy as a kid and try to make it to the top, and including detailed events both on and off the pitch. Something similar to the concept in I am Playr, which was a brilliant idea. 

A proper game based on LOST TV series. So many possibilities there. 

More couch co-op narrative-driven adventure games with a well-written story.

Isn't there a pirate game made by Ubisoft which came out this year?

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Survival Horror game that actually keeps you on your toes till the very end

• Fuck open world; we have enough of that already.
  • Players choose their stats as they start the game and do not level up once the character is built. 
  • Corridor style shooting/action system
  • Just a knife, a shotgun and a pistol
    • Throw in a torch just to add to the horror
    • Torches can be used as a weapon when batteries run out
    • Enemies can lurk in dark spaces that can only be lit by torches.
    • Health is obtained very rarely so being mindful of environments and enemies is important.
  • Two antagonists who run after you through the whole game and are relentless till both of them are dead.
  • Heavily reliant on environmental damage to kill bosses / enemies.
  • Time limits on levels to force tension and survival instinct kick in
    • You gain more time by engaging the antagonists and winning the fight.
  • Perma-Death on failure
  • Co-Op with infect ratio gain so that if you get infected you now switch teams and start hunting your partner. 
    • Max team-size: 4
    • No respawn just perma-death
    • Level does not reduce enemy count on partner conversion/death.
    • Converted players can team up with two antagonists to chase the non-infected team through the game.
  • Game gets slightly easier with bigger groups of protagonists.

I feel like someone will make something like this, but game design is quite hell-bent on having winners and heroes that turning someone to the other side seems like it wouldn't sell. 

@MUFC

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Isn't there a pirate game made by Ubisoft which came out this year?

Yes, Skull and Bones. I haven't played it, but according to the reviews, it's monotonous and grindy, and the story and quests are lackluster. You can't board other ships and have swashbuckling hand to hand combat, and there's little to none gameplay on land. So essentially, it is a game where you're a boat and not a pirate. Add to that microtransactions, and this game can fuck right off as much as I'm concerned...

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Action-adventure with diplomacy and politics would either be really cool... or really boring depending on how they implement politics.

That's a valid point, I meant politics in terms of different factions that you can build relationships with that also affect how you interact with other factions, aka New Vegas style, but on a larger scale and with larger implications. So probably an action RPG more than action-adventure... That's why I mentioned The Expanse, I think it nailed the concept of "ordinary people caught up in a middle of epic scale events" very well, and I'd like to see it in a game

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A modern game by Janes who made some of the best combat flight simulators,  be it advanced tactical fighters to WW2 fighters I wouldn't mind a new game from them. 

Did you ever play Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator back in the day? It was like their regular flight sim games, but WW2 in Europe. I fucking loved that game - I'd love something modern day that's similar to that.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you ever play Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator back in the day? It was like their regular flight sim games, but WW2 in Europe. I fucking loved that game - I'd love something modern day that's similar to that.

I had Microsoft combat flight sims but they were not as good as Jane's WW2 fighters which was more a simulator and had better graphics and selection, the attention to detail was also on point.  

Janes were also one of the first games to have a 3D land, MS used pixelation blotching to appear like land but it was in reality flat.

On 16/04/2024 at 03:27, OrangeKhrush said:

I had Microsoft combat flight sims but they were not as good as Jane's WW2 fighters which was more a simulator and had better graphics and selection, the attention to detail was also on point.  

Janes were also one of the first games to have a 3D land, MS used pixelation blotching to appear like land but it was in reality flat.

Did Janes make the Commanche games? I fucking loved those games when I was a kid. Actually as a kid, I loved all kinds of flight sim games.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did Janes make the Commanche games? I fucking loved those games when I was a kid. Actually as a kid, I loved all kinds of flight sim games.

The only attack chopper game they did was AH-64 Longbow and Longbow 2, Commanche was made by THQ or microprose,  I played:

USAF

Israeli air force

Advanced tactical fighters

Carrier fleet 

World war 2 fighters. 

From microprose I played the B17 flying fortress games, old dos game and the windows 95 game.