Sutton vs Crawley
Tranmere vs AFC Wimbledon
Walsall vs Bradford

Tuesday 23rd April, 2024
Barrow vs Bradford, 19.45
Colchester vs Doncaster, 19.45

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You're getting no help from us @Dan, @Stan and @Lucas, as we're fucking awful at present, while Southmapton are flying.

Better hope you don't mess your games up again.

It's more likely you'll get something than us not messing up our games xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You're getting no help from us @Dan, @Stan and @Lucas, as we're fucking awful at present, while Southmapton are flying.

A wise man told me similar before your game with Ipswich.

I'm beyond wanting favours. We've had more than we could've bargained for lately and not taken advantage. It's almost shameful that we still have the ability to lose a game and have the title in our hands.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

A wise man told me similar before your game with Ipswich.

I'm beyond wanting favours. We've had more than we could've bargained for lately and not taken advantage. It's almost shameful that we still have the ability to lose a game and have the title in our hands.

Funny though that we Ipswich'd Ipswich in that game. xD

But yeah, if they start with Brooks, Adams and Armstrong up front again, they'll have a field day.

23 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Don't worry, I never expect anything from Cardiff at the best of times, and certainly when it concerns us anyway xD

I genuinely don't know how West Brom are losing this game 2-0. They've had enough chances to have won two games. I know Leicester missed a penalty but they've dodged a massive bullit here.

Does make me laugh though. Whenever we concede, we seem to face one shot and it goes in. I believe that is statistically correct too in Meslier's stats of shots faced.

Even last week Middlesbrough missed two glorious chances v Ipswich, it's staggering sometimes the way it works, it really is.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator

And I can breathe. 

Not sure that was deserved as there were some spells we got battered. But who gives a fuck. That was an absolutely priceless win. 

I got to be honest, I got home and thought I'd put the Cardiff game on. Was 1-0 Saints at the time, about 55mins in I think. Expected no less.

Whoever the young lad was they brought on at RB looked very impressive. I thought he was composed, gave them an option going forward and used the ball well.

The ex-Bristol City forward looked a menace too. Well done Cardiff, unexpected but welcomed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

How the fuck did we win that with our banged up team? xDxDxD

In all seriousness, that was a good performance today, but it was simply a case that, for a chnage, we took the chnaces at the right moment (even if Ashford's goal took a big deflection). On another day, Southampton would have battered us as they had plenty of chances.

Thought most of the team did well today. Ashford did very well for his first start (I believe), Colwill grew into the game and while Tanner fizzled out in the second half before getting injured, he put in three peaches of a cross that any good striker would be burying. As @Lucas mentioned, Conte did very well for his debut (thrown in at the deep end when Romeo got injured) and set up the goal for Diedhiou to score.

Hopefully that'll give Bulut (or whoever comes in if our board don't do shit to keep him) some food for thought now, especially as we only have two games left of this season to give some youngsters some game time.

• Administrator

Summerville quality there. Gnonto finishing off the move. 

Brilliant game. 

Gnonto miles offside. Linesman has had a shocker. Not even close. 

• Subscriber

Don't like the fact Leeds are back in the goals. That's the real confidence booster after a few games of bluntness in front of goal. Middlesbrough absolutely woeful defensively.

A bad result for us but will at least feel a bit more rewarding to do it now. Enormous game tomorrow night.

• Subscriber

Been thinking a bit about this Southampton game and have come to the conclusion that we should absolutely go for the win - and I don't mean in that you wouldn't want to do that every game anyway, but to me the drawback of losing rather than drawing isn't actually all that great.

We need 6 points from 3 games to guarantee promotion. A draw would mean we could still need to beat Preston and Blackburn to get promoted, so there is potentially nothing in a draw for us. Given a draw kills Southampton's admittedly tiny automatic chances too I'd say late goals are likely.

I think we will get promoted but I am totally braced for a scenario where we go to Preston in 3rd place and freeze in the face of another limited, savvy team - a draw against Southampton does not prevent this situation either.

If we beat Southampton we are up barring an absolute catastrophe I think.

We really are due to turn up on one of these pressure nights. I'm fed up of us floundering under every one of them. It's been years. The good thing is that Martin's style isn't really about frustrating. I expect a pretty entertaining game, could be pretty chaotic in all honesty if the first meeting is anything to go by. I think that will probably suit our crowd, who've proven this season they really don't react whatsoever to patient football but absolutely will if there's a bit of chaos.

• The topic was unpinned