talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber

We are back.

The weekly game where you pick a single or a double, a hypothetical betting game. No obligation to play each week which doesn't affect the table too badly as with the very nature of the table you can drop further by playing. You could in theory win the league playing once all season!

This years rule I've decided is you get a choice of stake - £5, £10 or £20 rather than just a blanket £10.

If we get enough interest this week I'll do one starting for this weekend.

First things first however, we have a final table from 2023/24, and our winner is @Lucas

image.thumb.png.629bde2133c3730d7c76dbea4041b0f1.png

Congratulations also to @Pyfish who did profit overall for the season too.

Less said about me the better. Fuck me. I think you could play this for half a century and not do that badly over a whole season again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I'm going to say as well - if you don't state otherwise, I will assume your stake for it is £10 like last season. That can be the base.

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.c8f2477904c38a09649032e765fe9a67.png

New season. New colour scheme. New entry matches my total number of wins in one week as I've managed in now 45 attempts.

@RandoEFC takes the early lead. Goes in heavy on two expected winners in European leagues and both deliver pretty comprehensively. Pretty sound strategy.

The newcomer is @Smiley Culture, somebody I remember playing this years ago. One bet, one win. Can't be sniffed at even if I make that the smallest win in the games history. Green on the board.

@CaaC (John) and me with blanked doubles on the EFL opening day. Same old rubbish from me, I can tolerate the Bristol City one as that was a bit of a long shot but ones like Rotherham piss me off. No excuses for that. @Stan takes me off the bottom on alphabetical order as he's very unluckily let down by expected runaway winners Birmingham after landing a very decent pick with his other.

Mediocre start. Could've been better.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Dan said:

@Stan takes me off the bottom on alphabetical order as he's very unluckily let down by expected runaway winners Birmingham after landing a very decent pick with his other.

I think I should be ahead as I at least got one half of my doubles correct :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I think I should be ahead as I at least got one half of my doubles correct :ph34r:

xD probably a fair case for it to be honest.

If you had just left Birmingham alone you'd be comfortably top. I had a feeling they weren't going to win that game. It just seems to be a bit of a thing with every team who is heavily fancied like that. I still think they will actually win the league though. I've got mates who support them and they've been telling me all summer they'd not win that game.

• Subscriber

We have a twenty player! I am thinking I'll be generally 10s and 20s and probably 5s when I'm forced into League One/Two (I don't know why I still waltz into that trap that often, it's a minefield)

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Can we put any stake on each week?

New rule for the season - £5, £10 or £20. Think it makes it a little more interesting.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I fear this'll be a theme this season, however, my first £20 stake is in and I can't leave these odds.

image.png.6ecdf8b3dffe45f7cac57e9a04665385.png

They won 8 of their first 10 last season. They're well set. We're a complete shambles - as ill prepared as I've ever seen us for a season (although the last two weren't great either). I nearly went even heaver than -1 but lets play it safeish. I'd not advise against anybody backing -2 or even -3 to be honest. For me Spurs should be about 1.4 to win here and they're 1.6.