talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2024 at 09:29, Pyfish said:

I completely forgot about this until now!

image.png.0fc032f4704b8f88b7c92f0ff4a637b7.png

Fairly big one to start with. If it comes off, I can relax for a while!

Oh that is genuinely gutting xD Clarke comes on with 10 left and has a shot off target.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2024 at 20:32, Smiley Culture said:

Dunno if I can have a go because I did one on Tuesday night but if I can:

Screenshot-2024-08-30-203032.png

You can, I didn't make clear on the first page that you can just have two selections at different times, can convert it into a double if you want.

Every single time I've done this though I've lost on my earliest pick. Such as this week.

Unsure what stake to put yours as given you put £20 earlier in the week and £10 here. Given I didn't make it clear I'm doing to probably just make this a one off £15er.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

I've overtaken @Dan's mantle of being completely shite at this game xD

Stan I lost something like 30 weeks in a row. That will genuinely not be beaten.

I need to stop trying to be clever with some of these picks I think. My second pick this weekend genuinely was going to be score draw from Ipswich Fulham which is annoying, that Winks goal has cost me a good win. I'll forgive him though.

17 hours ago, Dan said:

You can, I didn't make clear on the first page that you can just have two selections at different times, can convert it into a double if you want.

Every single time I've done this though I've lost on my earliest pick. Such as this week.

Unsure what stake to put yours as given you put £20 earlier in the week and £10 here. Given I didn't make it clear I'm doing to probably just make this a one off £15er.

Yeah, no worries with me whatever you choose. 

• Subscriber
On 27/08/2024 at 00:02, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.b232e8139570a94bbbc33e82df58558c.png

My earliest table in quite a while. Must be bored. Must have nothing going on. Must be some sort of reason that I've actually gotten it together early no?

I pick up my first win in 10 months. Despite playing every single week possible in that period. A truly pathetic record but at least the monkey is off my back. Both teams won their games and neither rained goals, to collect the biggest win so far this season and take me to 2nd - an all time high position, but not quite high enough to steal top spot.

@Smiley Culture compounds a very tight top three with another win, again, matching my total number of wins ever, in just three attempts.

@CaaC (John) loses both picks again in a pretty optimistic double. @...Dan's safer on paper pick had the same outcome. Think the unluckiest player this week is @Stan. Seem to be noticing a theme of you backing goals in Gateshead games, might have to look into this. They deliver no issue, and two of the three aspects of the Villa/Arsenal bet pay out, but there are only 5 corners meaning its a loss - one that would've otherwise left him top of the league.

It's three loss making weeks so far, but at least we're not in the sort of territory of last week and as we know the margins are very fine.

image.thumb.png.0a36c33a3704573b81f61134b3e8b6ec.png

Updated table. Lots of movement with nobody retaining their place from last week - obviously @Pyfish has only just entered, and by coming straight in at 3rd despite a loss it's the good element of this game in that you can win the league without having to play throughout. Although he was ridiculously unlucky to not have a pretty good shot of doing this anyway after what panned out. The pick of the entire game so far in Haaland's hat-trick at 16/1, but let down in extremely unlucky circumstances by the shorter leg being bust due to Clarke only getting 10 minutes on the field. He did manage a shot, but it was off target according to SofaScore.

@Smiley Culture is the new leader after a 3rd win in 4 weeks. Bacon saved somewhat by Birmingham's late winner. As mentioned elsewhere, although the stakes are only £5, £10 and £20 I've made an exception here to allow a £15 stake due to the selections coming separately with £20 and £10 stakes so I thought that was the fairest solution. In truth though I wonder if there's a case to just allow any stake up to X amount but maybe something for others to think about.

@RandoEFC picks up a 2nd win in 3 as well but unluckily is knocked off the top. Very fine margins here. Leverkusen are finally beaten but they still managed to win a half of their game. Bayern won 2-0 with a goal in either half. Ideal really.

I'm back with a loss and as per every time I've picked an early game ready for another at the weekend I've been bust by it. Missing by the skin of my teeth too as Leicester scored a 4th from 25+ yards in injury time.

@CaaC (John) isn't having a good season so far with another pair of teams losing. @Stan's ever reliable Gateshead pick comes up trumps again but the double is blown by a goalless game in Northampton. @...Dan's £20 stakes are backfiring so far, with a third loss from three leaving him bottom of the table.

The September international break next - probably my least favourite weekend of the season. Way too early for a break and very little to bet on either. But I shall find an angle. And probably lose.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

First pick I'm taking Ireland v England, 2nd half to have the most goals. Usually reserve this market for tense games where both teams really need a win, but just think with the nature of how these two play each other. It's usually a dog shit game (Ireland are one of the only teams I think that are consistently duller than England) but I can see England eventually breaking them and beating them pretty soundly.

2.10 the price.

I'll do tenner. Potentially going to add a second if I find anything I like.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Dan said:

First pick I'm taking Ireland v England, 2nd half to have the most goals. Usually reserve this market for tense games where both teams really need a win, but just think with the nature of how these two play each other. It's usually a dog shit game (Ireland are one of the only teams I think that are consistently duller than England) but I can see England eventually breaking them and beating them pretty soundly.

2.10 the price.

I'll do tenner. Potentially going to add a second if I find anything I like.

This is likely bust already. Unless England just run riot in the second half which is possible but I wouldn't be surprised if we took the handbrake off a bit. Poor bet though and pure luck if it wins from here.

• Subscriber

I got nowhere with my last predictions, I am officially CRAP at this game xD

I will try my luck again.......

EPL Saturday 14th September
Brighton v Ipswich Town (win for Ipswich)

Scottish Premiership Saturday 14th September
Aberdeen
v Motherwell (win for Aberdeen)