talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are Liverpool Under Klopp Like Spurs Under Hoddle?

Do you blame Klopp, the players or the board?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s ultimately responsible?

• Klopp
    • The players
    • The board

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just think you are making a mountain out of a molehill where the signing of Karius is concerned mate. 

If you were talking about a £20+m signing I’d wholeheartedly agree but we are talking about £4m on a very young keeper that was voted 2nd best keeper in Germany season prior to us signing him. At the time of this signing Mignolet had absolutely zero competition whatsoever which Klopp immediately identified so he took an educated punt on providing some depth. 

Clubs pay more than £4m all the time for second fiddle goalkeepers so in a sense it’s still not a bad signing at all in the grand scheme of things, even if it hasn’t solved our first choice issues.

My whole argument on this matter though is that it’s a trivial debate when discussing Klopp’s tenure because as I’ve said before, it’s a long term project (6 years he’s just signed) and the squad will be built and improved on gradually during that time. We aren’t Man City or United who can keep throwing £30-£40-£50m on players until we get it right. We have to be sure big money is well spent on players that will improve us. In a sense I can see why Klopp is waiting for VVD for instance instead of looking at inferior second choices. He wants his man and is prepared to wait . Same with Keita! He couldn’t get him this summer but we’ve paid the money and are willing to wait till next summer before he comes in. 

People just need to have patience. He’s had 1 full season!

Fundamentally I’m with you even though I feel Klopp has a big part to blame in all of this. His tactics seem one dimensional so far. But what’s for sure is that changing coach every other season isn’t the answer and only causes chaos. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Fundamentally I’m with you even though I feel Klopp has a big part to blame in all of this. His tactics seem one dimensional so far. But what’s for sure is that changing coach every other season isn’t the answer and only causes chaos. 

I’ve questioned (and moaned) about Klopps tactics at times, anyone will tell you that. I’ve also questioned his in game management at times too. 

At Dortmund though it took him time (2-3 years) of identifying players, slotting them into his system and generally putting the pieces together before he eventually won 2 league titles, a Cup and a Champions League Final appearance. He’s then come to England and with let’s face it, a very depleted squad, got into a domestic Cup Final, a Europa League Final and has us back in the Champions League first time of asking. 

Hes not had a perfect start with us, I’m not debating that. But clear progress is being made and I’m positive that if the fans stay off his back and he’s left to do his job, he’ll have us back fighting and being competitive again. 

It just winds me up slightly when fans (like a certain one on here) totally lose their shit, seem extremely angry all the time and generally piss the bed with every bad result, when we are clearly a work in progress. A work in progress without unlimited funds might I add. 

I assume you're on about me "pissing the bed" ? 

Klopp has had FOUR windows to address these defensive issues. The fact if the matter is that our defence has had no attention, nothing good enough to fix it. 

He also continues with the same tactics and players who have let us down time and time again. 

It's not unfair to expect better decision in key areas. Especially when they are blatantly obvious issues. 

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

I assume you're on about me "pissing the bed" ? 

Klopp has had FOUR windows to address these defensive issues. The fact if the matter is that our defence has had no attention, nothing good enough to fix it. 

He also continues with the same tactics and players who have let us down time and time again. 

It's not unfair to expect better decision in key areas. Especially when they are blatantly obvious issues. 

He hasn't really though. Liverpool don't spend in January so he's effectively had two

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Those tactics and players that have got us to a Cup Final, a Europa League Final, into the Champions League and virtually qualified to the knockouts for the first time in 9 years? 

Oh yeah, constantly letting us down I must say. 

He’s had 1 full season. Talk about filling your nappy. 

Your attitude to everything is like that of a spoilt brat. You said the other night ..”Moreno, I hate the cunt” ...

What, that cunt who missed the birth of his second child to pull on a Liverpool shirt instead? That cunt who gives 120% every single time he takes to the field? That cunt who is a model professional and has nothing but good things to say about our club and fans? 

He might not be good enough, he might make mistakes but a cunt he is not. That’s you! 

He, along with our other players and manager deserve our support, you ought to try it sometime Instead of coming on here slagging off all and sundry, demanding this that and the other as if the club actually owes you something. It owes you fuck all mate.  

• Subscriber

Still can't fathom why you spent all that money on Oxlade-Chamberlain, a weaker version of what you already have, while you didn't even bother with a centre half because Van Dijk didn't go through. Most baffling signing all summer that for me.

Archived