talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

I saw a woodpecker today(A greater spotted one I think it was), I could hear it in the trees near the site I'm on as it was making that whistle noise they do, I then saw it fly between 2 trees and then it came down and started eating on a bird feeder. It wasn't bothered by us at all.

It's not everyday you see woodpeckers to be honest.

I remember finding a green woodpecker as a kid once as it was injured, so I picked it up and took it to a local vet, although it isn't too often you encounter them. You can always hear them but not see them.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

That would be a great experience. Amazing animals and probably the most friendly along with Dolphins. Obviously the kids were scared and screaming as they weren't any the wiser(could even be mistaken for sharks at that distance), but this would have been a fantastic experience.

The news making out like they were in danger is fucking stupid. Killer whales have only ever attacked/killed humans when in captivity.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

I don't get Buffalos at times. There are around 50 of them there, all equipped with massive horns, yet they run from one animal. I know that one animal is a lion and is one of the last things you'd want to fuck with, although if they all charged at it, they would easily come out on top you would have thought.

On another note, this is hunting at its finest.

Not nice to see, but it's part of nature. There is a reason for it all, however cruel it may be.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Fucking retards man. She has a kid in her hand as well.

Also the man is running away leaving his wife and kid behind.

Well, they're French after all... :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Fucking retards man. She has a kid in her hand as well.

Also the man is running away leaving his wife and kid behind.

7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

They should be deported out of the country

Just let them wander around 3 or 4 more wildlife parks and I am sure they will get whittled down one by one.. 

On a serious note just how dumb are some people... Did anyone read about the guy in India who stopped to take a selfie with an injured bear and got mauled to death?? The fuckers killed the Bear afterwards for it as well... sometimes we just don't deserve to be sharing the same planet

48 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just let them wander around 3 or 4 more wildlife parks and I am sure they will get whittled down one by one.. 

On a serious note just how dumb are some people... Did anyone read about the guy in India who stopped to take a selfie with an injured bear and got mauled to death?? The fuckers killed the Bear afterwards for it as well... sometimes we just don't deserve to be sharing the same planet

They actually got out of the car twice, this is the full video.

20 hours ago, Panna King said:

They actually got out of the car twice, this is the full video.

What a bunch of fucking idiots. Then when a large cat(or any other animal) mauled them, it would be the big cat that was shot, all because of these 2 idiots and their own stupidity.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

those parents are absolute bellends. you'd think it'd be common sense to not get out in front of animals (read, predators) like that?!

The Cheetahs would have jumped for the kid first also since it would be the easiest prey.

Idiots.

Who said Dinosaurs were extinct? O.o @nudge @Bluewolf

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The Cheetahs would have jumped for the kid first also since it would be the easiest prey.

Idiots.

About 1.50m height with a wingspan up to 2.60m :o Just look at that monster. And that sound it makes... Amazing.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Idiots.

Amazing... They do look the prehistoric part don't they, That strange noise they make as well would be the sort of noise that might get you all huddled together round the campfire if you heard it in the night moving through the undergrowth.. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nudge said:

She's soooo cute :x Mangoes and blankets, huh? I'm sure we'd get along xD 

Seriously though, it's good that sanctuaries like that exist...

You can;t beat Mango. Then again, I will eat almost any fruit. Other than the likes of Lemon and Lime, I can't think of any that I won't eat really.

Yeah we need to look after animals as it's only fair considering how it's generally humans who are the cause of a lot of animal sufferation and losses of habitat, etc.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

You can;t beat Mango. Then again, I will eat almost any fruit. Other than the likes of Lemon and Lime, I can't think of any that I won't eat really.

Yeah we need to look after animals as it's only fair considering how it's generally humans who are the cause of a lot of animal sufferation and losses of habitat, etc.

Durian... :shutup:

On 21/05/2018 at 19:29, nudge said:

Durian... :shutup:

I don't think I've ever come across it before to be honest, but I know it's supposed to smell and taste like shit.

Nearly every fruit other than Lemon and lime then ;)

Mango, Pineapple, peaches, plums, pear, oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, all types of berries in fact, Pomegranate, Tangerine, all types of melon, kiwi fruit, Grapes, Bananas, star fruit,  you name it

Where I was saying the other week how I saw a woodpecker at work, well it gets better as I saw a Peregrine Falcon(my favourite bird, well animal) today. It's not often you see them. I saw a buzzard and a crow attacking each other in the air(as they do) then to the right of me there was a peregrine. As I saw that, 3 pigeons flew off(it's a shame it didn't grab one of them, without trying to sound like a cunt), although it wasn't around too long.

I have noticed more birds of prey lately in fairness, you see Buzzards and Sparrowhawks everywhere.

The site I'm working on is actually at the back of my old secondary school(what are the chances of ending up there?) and due to the countryside being near by, you get a lot of buzzards, sparrow hawks and kestrels around there, although I'd never seen a Peregrine Falcon around there before!

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator

my mate sent me this just now. sadly we missed any drama in the water when we were there but imagine seeing this kind of action :x 

As if the crocodile had the wildebeest's head in its mouth and still didn't kill it xD. Gotta love the hippos. Don't fuck with them in their territory.

• Upvote 1