talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Great photos. Absolutely a great looking creature..somewhat reminds me of when I had a bearded dragon. 

Thanks! :) 

Yes, reptiles are so fascinating... 

• Subscriber

I completely forgot about this thread :D great pics nudge! I love it when that happens with animals its like they want you to take their picture! Reminds me we went for a walk a few weeks ago in a flats and came accross a monarch butterfly literally landed like 2 feet from me but of course by the time i pulled out my camera it took off.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I completely forgot about this thread :D great pics nudge! I love it when that happens with animals its like they want you to take their picture! Reminds me we went for a walk a few weeks ago in a flats and came accross a monarch butterfly literally landed like 2 feet from me but of course by the time i pulled out my camera it took off.

This prima-donna lizard spent like half an hour posing and looking into the camera xD 

And yes, I love photographing animals, but it requires so much time and patience sometimes... There's a couple of Finlayson's Squirrels (Callosciurus finlaysonii) that regularly visit my garden,  absolutely gorgeous, much bigger than European or American squirrels, bright orange-red fur, giant bushy tail, and I've been trying to get a snap of them for almost two months now, they always seem to arrive when I've given up waiting already and put my camera tripod setup away xD 

38 minutes ago, nudge said:

This prima-donna lizard spent like half an hour posing and looking into the camera xD 

And yes, I love photographing animals, but it requires so much time and patience sometimes... There's a couple of Finlayson's Squirrels (Callosciurus finlaysonii) that regularly visit my garden,  absolutely gorgeous, much bigger than European or American squirrels, bright orange-red fur, giant bushy tail, and I've been trying to get a snap of them for almost two months now, they always seem to arrive when I've given up waiting already and put my camera tripod setup away xD 

Unfortunately all we see are American(Grey) squirrels over here. You never see red ones. I don't think I ever have apart from when I went to grizedale forest with school back in the day.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Unfortunately all we see are American(Grey) squirrels over here. You never see red ones. I don't think I ever have apart from when I went to grizedale forest with school back in the day.

That's how those here look like:

variable-squirrel-c-f-annellatus_9380.jp

variable-squirrel-c-f-annellatus_9390.jp

I'm still determined to take a photo of them at some point xD It's rainy season, so I can't leave my equipment outside unattended for a long time, otherwise I would just place it in front of the mango tree that they frequent, focus the camera to where I expect them to be, camouflage it all a bit and use remote shutter release from afar. A sort of a camera trap, hehe. 

• Upvote 2

This is why I think that most cat owners are cretins who should be put down.

Stoats(or is it @Storts:ph34r:) are amazing and serve a great purpose, they are an important part of the ecosystem and people are allowing their pet to kill them? Absolute cunts.

The comments on youtube praising it due to the fact that Stoats kill rabbits are also retards. A cat itself would kill a rabbit, the only difference is, a stoat kills a rabbit to feed its family, not for fun because it's a vermin flea ridden pest.

Cats are allowed to kill anything they want, but if a big angry Rottweiler was to rip a cat to shreds, it would be deemed dangerous and put down.

They kill everything. Stoats, songbirds, voles, etc. No wonder why you see a lot less songbirds these days entering gardens. People blame birds of prey and even crows and Magpies, but these are animals that have been living on the same planet as songbirds since before humans existed. It's domesticated cats that are creating the imbalance as every cunt has one these days and they just release them into the wild where they do what they want.

Speaking of Stoats, watch this:-

They are amazing.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I forgot to mention that the other night I was half a sleep in bed while there was a nature programme on tele and they were documenting the Pygmy Falcon. It's a small Falcon which lives in Southern and Eastern Africa and they are only the size of Budgies. They are brilliant xD

African_Pygmy_Falcon_Female.jpg

7158373114_54067d94c4.jpg

@Bluewolf, @nudge, @Devon Von Devon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I forgot to mention that the other night I was half a sleep in bed while there was a nature programme on tele and they were documenting the Pygmy Falcon. It's a small Falcon which lives in Southern and Eastern Africa and they are only the size of Budgies. They are brilliant xD

Looks like a baby one... I can imagine them little mouses thinking... "nothing to worry about here" xD

Just before getting carried off into the sunset... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 4

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

OMG how cute! I want one xD 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1