talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Faithcore & Friends

Well, personally for me, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still the best comedy show out there, even in it's now 12th season I believe. They constantly come up with new stuff while maintaining the tone of the show. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tommy said:

Well, personally for me, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still the best comedy show out there, even in it's now 12th season I believe. They constantly come up with new stuff while maintaining the tone of the show. 

Sadly it's not on Netflix or Prime. Otherwise I'd give it another go.

• Subscriber
On 7/9/2018 at 18:37, Machado said:

I never understood the cleavage in that show. Wasn't it supposed to be a kid's show?

I think thats the only reason I didnt change the channel when that show came on. I love her.

• Subscriber

I still love The Office (the North American version of course) Arrested Developement (Until Netflix redid the last season) was great. I havent seen Always Sunny so I cant say much about it. Seinfeld is probably my favourite sitcom of all time. I've been meaning to find time to watch Parks and Rec and Curb, I've seen random episodes of both but never watched from the start they both seemed like a good laugh.

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

M*A*S*H was the last one that I enjoyed :ph34r:

Have you ever seen the dubbed German version?

It's the same people who also synchronized Hogan's Heroes (and all the movies of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill) which is absolutely brilliant in German.

I'm not talking about the usual useless dubbing. They made a completely different show out of it. I'm not sure though how much they changed in M*A*S*H.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Have you ever seen the dubbed german version?

It's the same people who also synchronized Hogan's Heroes (and all the movies of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill) which is absolutely brilliant in German.

I'm not talking about the usual useless dubbing. They made a completely different show out of it. I'm not sure though how much they changed in M*A*S*H.

Yes, years ago though, I think they used to show it on Kabel 1 :D The dubbed German version is great, the synchronisation is perfect and a lot of dialogue is adapted well, but not much is changed overall. I still prefer the original in English (without the stupid laugh track though!), mostly because I watched it first, and nothing can be as good as Alan Alda's own voice!

When it comes to Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies, I actually prefer them in German, it's much better, the dialogue is just perfect xD I still have 30+ of their movies in my collection, actually watched one (Das Krokodil und sein Nilpferd) just two days ago :D 

Haven't watched Hogan's Heroes in German, but now I will, hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

Having spent years in both Germany and UK with kids of varying brilliance (or less) I am hooked on 'Young Sheldon'.  He has attributes that were in all my young guys, but whereas his are in one body, the others had one each. Manuel's shyness at first, Leroy's determination, Max's total honesty and Benny's firmness to succeed.  The cynicism was Mesut's and the reluctance to accept certain frightening challengers was pure Julien.  The brilliance of mind? - I saw that in Belgium in a little guy called Kevin.  Perhaps some of you who have watched the show can draw similar comparisons with those you knew in school, but the show is not only hilarious, but gives us thought as to why present education has gone so far down the toilet we ought to sort it soon or the future will not be as Orange as promised! 

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

I know it's been a while since my last update and I must apologize for that.

I received a lot of messages and calls after the big news yesterday and I therefore I felt that I needed to make a statement now.

I understand that you feel betrayed and I'm still shocked, too. Nevertheless nobody has to worry about me.

I will not accept any offer today or in the future to join the staff.

I will continue to be the voice of the ordinary people and I won't forget my roots.

That is a promise.

YOURS,

Lars

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I want to avoid any rumours at this point.

All i can say is that we spent the night in separate beds.

This is heart-breaking.

If I knew this is how it would have made you feel, we'd have hired her sooner. 

Archived