• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly21

Best U23 South American team

Recommended Posts

I'm bored so I may as well.

Fariñez (Venezuela)

Villamarin (Peru) - Sanchez (Colombia) - Mina (Colombia) - Jorge (Brazil)

Tapia (Peru) -Arthur (Brazil)

Soteldo (Venezuela) - De Arrascaeta (Uruguay) - Flores (Peru)

Jesus (Brazil)

 

Goalkeeper was very easy to pick. As were the 2 central defenders (although Gimenez could have been made a case). The 2 full backs were a bit tough. I ultimately thought Jorge was a better choice than Ecuador's Cristian Ramirez and I couldn't find a proper RB so I chose one that I'm a big fan of and do think can reach big heights in Villamarin.

Tapia and Arthur were shoe ins I felt. There were a few others some could have made a case for like Leandro Paredes, but I ultimately thought these 2 were the best choices.

The 3 attacking midfielders were the toughest choices. I like Soteldo better than Peñaranda but the other 2 I couldn't think of any others. At least not on their national teams anyways. I wasn't sure if Paredes was competent enough to play in the CAM role.

Gabriel Jesus was an easy pick for the striker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Are Peru any good at U23 level mate?

@Blue

No Peruvian youth team is good, but individual talent wise at U23 its there. A lot of them helped us qualify for the World Cup. That's really all I need to say.

Often the coaching lets us down at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only two Peruvians? Not enough for me, should be all eleven. Even if they’re not U23, they’re still the best country on the planet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Torreira should be there. 

 

Good point, I forgot about him. I'd put him in a midfield 3 of Tapia - Torreira - and Arthur or even Torreira - Valverde - Paredes could work well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edison Tapuiva has impressed me whenever I've seen him (albeit I don't watch that much South American football). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Edison Tapuiva has impressed me whenever I've seen him (albeit I don't watch that much South American football). 

I might be biting onto the worm here - but who the hell is Tapuiva? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus

Flores----------------------------------------Moreno

Torreira---Arthur---Paredes

Thiago Maia

Mina----Mammana---Sanchez

Rulli

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cicero said:

Jesus

Flores----------------------------------------Moreno

Torreira---Arthur---Paredes

Thiago Maia

Mina----Mammana---Sanchez

Rulli

 

Moreno as in Marlos Moreno?

He's one hell of a talent - but he hasn't gotten much football in Europe sadly.

For me, Fariñez is a shoe in even over Rulli but I can understand if you haven't seen him enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Moreno as in Marlos Moreno?

He's one hell of a talent - but he hasn't gotten much football in Europe sadly.

For me, Fariñez is a shoe in even over Rulli but I can understand if you haven't seen him enough.

Neither have much of the team you've chosen....?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Neither have much of the team you've chosen....?
 

Im not even biting at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Jesus

Flores----------------------------------------Moreno

Torreira---Arthur---Paredes

Thiago Maia

Mina----Mammana---Sanchez

Rulli

 

Torreira, good shout. Keep up with him a lot because of soccer manager.

Malcolm

Giovani lo velo

agustin Rossi GK (boca juniors )

Wendel

Nicolas de la Cruz (riBer plate ) @Berserker

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Torreira, good shout. Keep up with him a lot because of soccer manager.

Malcolm

Giovani lo velo

agustin Rossi GK (boca juniors )

Wendel

Nicolas de la Cruz (riBer plate ) @Berserker

 

Rossi is shit, Voka lack a decent GK. And also De La Cruz, he has been shit for us thus far.

To that list of Cicero i'd swap one of the wingers for Barco (ex Independiente) and perhaps our own Martinez Quarta for that Sanchez and i'd definitely swap Rulli who i also think is shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Rossi is shit, Voka lack a decent GK. And also De La Cruz, he has been shit for us thus far.

To that list of Cicero i'd swap one of the wingers for Barco (ex Independiente) and perhaps our own Martinez Quarta for that Sanchez and i'd definitely swap Rulli who i also think is shit.

Lautaro Martinez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xD Rossi is shit?? Nice trolling.... Just cause you dislike boca don't mean you can't admit that he is very talented and I see him starting for the argie team eventually

Hijo mio,los dos sabemos que va pasar...boca campion esta temporada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD Rossi is shit?? Nice trolling.... Just cause you dislike boca don't mean you can't admit that he is very talented and I see him starting for the argie team eventually

Hijo mio,los dos sabemos que va pasar...boca campion esta temporada.

Rossi is indeed shit hijo mio, just cause you gloryhunt for them doesn't mean you know jack shit about the goddam team. Their own fans say he's shit and that they wanted to buy a better GK.

Y si, robando como siempre cualquiera sale campeon jaja.

 

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Lautaro Martinez

Yeah, Lautaro is great, mate, but not better than Jesus, at least for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rossi and Batalla are both shit to be fair. River got a good part of the deal with Armani, who for me is the best Argentinian goalkeeper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me these are the best U23 talents of each nation

 

Brazil

Gabriel Jesus

Arthur

Jorge

Vinicius Junior

Marquinhos

 

Argentina

Ezequiel Barco

Lautaro Martinez

Leandro Paredes

Emannuel Mammana

Cristian Pavon

Giovanni Lo Celso

Juan Foyth

Lucas Martinez Quarta

Santiago Caceres

 

Uruguay

Santiago Mele

Lucas Torreira

Federico Valverde

Nicolas de la Cruz

Jose Maria Gimenez

 

Peru

Renato Tapia

Edison Flores

Roberto Villamarin

Miguel Araujo

Beto Da Silva

 

Bolivia

Ronaldo Sanchez

Bruno Miranda

 

Venezuela

Yefferson Soteldo

Adalberto Peñaranda

Wuilker Fariñez

Ronaldo Lucena

Jefferson Savarino

 

Paraguay

Miguel Almiron

Sergio Diaz

Derlis Gonzalez

Cecilio Dominguez

Antonio Sanabria

 

Colombia

Davinson Sanchez

Yerry Mina

Marlos Moreno

Jefferson Lerma

Cucho Hernandez

 

Chile

Paulo Diaz

Angelo Henriquez

Gabriel Suazo

Jeisson Vargas

 

Ecuador

Cristian Ramirez

Gabriel Cortez

Dario Aimar

Bryan Cabezas

Jordan Sierra

 

Thoughts?

 

@Cicero  @Berserker @The Rebel CRS @SirBalon

 

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue said:

For me these are the best U23 talents of each nation

 

Brazil

Gabriel Jesus

Arthur

Jorge

Vinicius Junior

Marquinhos

 

Argentina

Ezequiel Barco

Lautaro Martinez

Leandro Paredes

Emannuel Mammana

Cristian Pavon

Giovanni Lo Celso

 

Uruguay

Santiago Mele

Lucas Torreira

Federico Valverde

Nicolas de la Cruz

Jose Maria Gimenez

 

Peru

Renato Tapia

Edison Flores

Roberto Villamarin

Miguel Araujo

Beto Da Silva

 

Bolivia

Ronaldo Sanchez

Bruno Miranda

 

Venezuela

Yefferson Soteldo

Adalberto Peñaranda

Wuilker Fariñez

Ronaldo Lucena

Jefferson Savarino

 

Paraguay

Miguel Almiron

Sergio Diaz

Derlis Gonzalez

Cecilio Dominguez

Antonio Sanabria

 

Colombia

Davinson Sanchez

Yerry Mina

Marlos Moreno

Jefferson Lerma

Cucho Hernandez

 

Chile

Paulo Diaz

Angelo Henriquez

Gabriel Suazo

Jeisson Vargas

 

Ecuador

Cristian Ramirez

Gabriel Cortez

Dario Aimar

Bryan Cabezas

Jordan Sierra

 

Thoughts?

 

@Cicero  @Berserker @The Rebel CRS @SirBalon

 

Fair play mate you know your football. I haven't heardnof any Venezuela u23 players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair play mate you know your football. I haven't heardnof any Venezuela u23 players

Yefferson Soteldo - Plays for U De Chile and is a very quick and unpredictable winger.

Wuilker Fariñez - Plays for Millonarios is the second best U20 Keeper in the world, behind Donnaruma

Adalberto Peñaranda - Think he's at Malaga right now. The most known of the Venezuelan U23 players but certainly not the best

Ronaldo Lucena - Hard working central midfielder at Atletico Nacional. Not sure what his peak is but definitely in the future for a club like Boca or River

Jefferson Savarino - Similar to Soteldo but a bit less. Plays for Real Salt Lake

 

A bit of a Venezuelan football lesson there :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yefferson Soteldo - Plays for U De Chile and is a very quick and unpredictable winger.

Wuilker Fariñez - Plays for Millonarios is the second best U20 Keeper in the world, behind Donnaruma

Adalberto Peñaranda - Think he's at Malaga right now. The most known of the Venezuelan U23 players but certainly not the best

Ronaldo Lucena - Hard working central midfielder at Atletico Nacional. Not sure what his peak is but definitely in the future for a club like Boca or River

Jefferson Savarino - Similar to Soteldo but a bit less. Plays for Real Salt Lake

 

A bit of a Venezuelan football lesson there :) 

I'd actually like to see them qualify for the world cup one day. I'm pretty certain Bolivia qualified in the 30s or 50s or something so they are the only South American team not to ever qualify. They are better than they were 20 years ago. I remember them loosing 7.0 to Brazil in the Copa America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd actually like to see them qualify for the world cup one day. I'm pretty certain Bolivia qualified in the 30s or 50s or something so they are the only South American team not to ever qualify. They are better than they were 20 years ago. I remember them loosing 7.0 to Brazil in the Copa America.

Bolivia qualified in 1994 and were actually a fairly decent team then.

Venezuela should qualify in 2022 or 2026. They have an outrageously good young team for their standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bolivia qualified in 1994 and were actually a fairly decent team then.

Venezuela should qualify in 2022 or 2026. They have an outrageously good young team for their standards.

Football's not even the most popular sport there is it? Baseball isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Football's not even the most popular sport there is it? Baseball isn't it?

Baseball it is, but football is still fairly popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue said:

For me these are the best U23 talents of each nation

 

Brazil

Gabriel Jesus

Arthur

Jorge

Vinicius Junior

Marquinhos

 

Argentina

Ezequiel Barco

Lautaro Martinez

Leandro Paredes

Emannuel Mammana

Cristian Pavon

Giovanni Lo Celso

 

Uruguay

Santiago Mele

Lucas Torreira

Federico Valverde

Nicolas de la Cruz

Jose Maria Gimenez

 

Peru

Renato Tapia

Edison Flores

Roberto Villamarin

Miguel Araujo

Beto Da Silva

 

Bolivia

Ronaldo Sanchez

Bruno Miranda

 

Venezuela

Yefferson Soteldo

Adalberto Peñaranda

Wuilker Fariñez

Ronaldo Lucena

Jefferson Savarino

 

Paraguay

Miguel Almiron

Sergio Diaz

Derlis Gonzalez

Cecilio Dominguez

Antonio Sanabria

 

Colombia

Davinson Sanchez

Yerry Mina

Marlos Moreno

Jefferson Lerma

Cucho Hernandez

 

Chile

Paulo Diaz

Angelo Henriquez

Gabriel Suazo

Jeisson Vargas

 

Ecuador

Cristian Ramirez

Gabriel Cortez

Dario Aimar

Bryan Cabezas

Jordan Sierra

 

Thoughts?

 

@Cicero  @Berserker @The Rebel CRS @SirBalon

 

I'd add Martinez Quarta, Foyth and perhaps Santiago Caseres to our list, but other than that it looks decent.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Berserker said:

I'd add Martinez Quarta, Foyth and perhaps Santiago Caseres to our list, but other than that it looks decent.

Added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement