talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 27 Fixtures - 27 Feb - 1st March

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's no use in pointing out where the clash of the season lies here... Forget the next edition of El Clásico because that has no meaning this season.  Barça v Atleti plans to be a mega blockbuster.

But there is one other game that I foresee to be very very entertaining indeed which is the fixture between Valencia and Real Betis... Keep an eye on that one because I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.

• The title was changed to La Liga - Week 27 Fixtures - 27 Feb - 1st March
On 3/2/2018 at 16:57, Cannabis said:

Would take a draw before KO although I have a funny feeling Barcelona could take all three points. 

Thinking a team that's unbeaten all season will win at home against a team below them in the league isn't a 'funny feeling' xD

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You know what I mean mate xD Atletico are more than capable of turning over Barcelona, even at the Camp Nou but I've got a feeling that with the disappointment against Las Palmas Valverde will demand a reaction.

They are mate, and they're in good nick at the moment while Barcelona are not, but this is the sort of game where everyone on both sides raises their game and form goes out of the window. I fully expect Barcelona's quality to show through.

2-1 at the Bernabeu now. Ronaldo added a second before half time and Getafe have just pulled one back from a penalty that shouldn't have been. Having given it, though, the referee should definitely have sent off Nacho as he was the last man and on a yellow card. Remy was sent off earlier in the second half for hitting someone (Nacho I think) in the neck/face.

Entertaining game. Real Madrid should be out of sight given their quality and man advantage, but Getafe are playing well

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Every week it’s more and more astounding that some are able to deny that Messi is the best player in the world.

Its up there with Flat Earth theories.

You are right, but there are players all over the world who can hit a good free-kick, so it's a weird thing to provoke the reaction it has.

Barcelona look comfortable here. Atleti not making anything happen

14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You are right, but there are players all over the world who can hit a good free-kick, so it's a weird thing to provoke the reaction it has.

Barcelona look comfortable here. Atleti not making anything happen

Yeah anyone can score one free kick but to keep doing it constantly and even in the biggest games is a bit unusual. 

Amazing and brilliant result! Along with Manchester City, Atlético Madrid have been the two most in form teams in Europe recently which gives this result more credence.  It was hard fought, Atleti have an airtight defence but then again Barça's defence as proved today is as good as theirs. This result will boost the Barcelona players massively although they'll be very tired indeed. The news of Iniesta's injury doesn't sound good and it was him that was the major difference before he went off and why Barcelona went ahead... This without taking anything away from Messi who was also outstanding.  But had it not been for Iniesta's coming off he'd have surely got man of the match. Instead for me Busquets was that man and a monster in midfield.

Jan Oblak for Atlético Madrid was amazing and showed why he's in the top three keepers bracket in the world. Atlético Madrid would've nicked something against anyone else today but it wasn't to be for them and now the title looks more secure for Barça.

Also a special mention to Coutinho who was tremendous and showed why Barça went all out for him.

Messi seems to throuh patches of scoring free kicks, i remember a similar vein of free kick scoring form last season when he scores one against villareal and two against Bilbao in simultaneous games. All were quite different in style too, remarkable.

Still not having today's as anything but keeper error though, it's a decent enough hit but you can see the keeper is well within distance and just doesn't get the save right. Should have been stopped and it has cost them the game.

Valencia CF 2-0 Real Betis (FT)

I was expecting more from Betis to be honest and make it harder for Valencia.  Still, it was a very interesting game and an important result for Valencia to keep Real Madrid close.

Messi deciding the outcome of the game as always. That piece of magic to beat Filipe, Thomas and Gabi in one move was fantastic as well.

Iniesta's injury is horrendous news going into the contest against Chelsea, the type of game he thrives in. The team's performance dropped when he went off yesterday and it's these tough, tight big games that he's always at his best in. Getting by without him vs Chelsea is going to be tough. The worst thing about the injury is that Andre Gomes will likely start and that could prove costly given that it's like playing with 10 when he's on the field. It's bizarre how he gets pitch time yet Denis foesn't, despite the latter showing a lot when given opportunities earlier in the season. Now is also the time for Dembele to hopefully step up.

Coutinho is immense and is going to be a huge player in the coming seasons. Not being eligible for the Champs league is a shame as he makes a difference.

20 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Messi seems to throuh patches of scoring free kicks, i remember a similar vein of free kick scoring form last season when he scores one against villareal and two against Bilbao in simultaneous games. All were quite different in style too, remarkable.

Still not having today's as anything but keeper error though, it's a decent enough hit but you can see the keeper is well within distance and just doesn't get the save right. Should have been stopped and it has cost them the game.

Keeper error? It's Oblak for goodness sake and he did get a hand on it 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived