talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Excellent performance from Liverpool last night, pretty much in control all game long and defended deep in the last 20 minutes but truth to be told weren't troubled. After going 3-0 up i felt City would at least get one, but now they will have a big big task ahead of them as i am certain Liverpool can get at least one away goal. Salah as usual the top name on the pitch, but i felt that Robertson and Arnold were sublime stopping City's fast players. Overall a good team performance and i don't see anything but a Liverpool semi final spot, even tough you never know.

It was madness how well they defended. They tried to expose TAA, then went for Robertson who were both on form. Eventually tried the middle but Van Dijk was on form. City weren't at their best but the Reds defence had their concentration at a top notch level.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think the most important note about that game at the Etihad was the Mane sending off and then the game really just turned on its head. Loss of possession and overloaded wings ruined any chance of us getting out of our half and then the demolition was complete. I don't think if it was an 11 v 11 the scoreline would be as flattering. Having said that, if Pep can find a way to let KDB operate at maximum efficiency unlike yesterday where he got harried into rushed decision making you'll will get far more joy. I don't think this tie is over, far from it, but I don't think its beyond this team to go to the Etihad and get a goal and apply more pressure. 

Oh and dont play Jesus. Aguero has a history against Liverpool and its strange that he wasn't used yesterday because he would most certainly have gotten a goal.

Jesus is a great player, but he's still too young and he's mostly a box player. Inside the box he'll finish your chance but he won't do much outside of it.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

It was madness how well they defended. They tried to expose TAA, then went for Robertson who were both on form. Eventually tried the middle but Van Dijk was on form. City weren't at their best but the Reds defence had their concentration at a top notch level.

The impact VVD has had on our whole defence has been astounding. Robertson has also made us solid down our left. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The impact VVD has had on our whole defence has been astounding. Robertson has also made us solid down our left. 

I can tell you from experience of suffering many years via Peruvian football, one good commanding central defender can stabilize the whole defense. It's like a heart in the middle of the defense that controls everything.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I will say I was surprised how well you guys defended in the second half when you had to. This is exactly why i wanted to avoid drawing Liverpool. I dont see City keeping a cleansheet in the second leg, thats a massive ask to pull this tie back.

IF .. i'm hopeful that liverpool will go thru .........    IF they'll meet up with either of the the spanish teams, against  god-messi and god-cr7 and liverpool will play the way they did in the 2nd half, they will be trounced and skinned like a fish.

Just now, bozziovai said:

IF .. i'm hopeful that liverpool will go thru .........    IF they'll meet up with either of the the spanish teams, against  god-messi and god-cr7 and liverpool will play the way they did in the 2nd half, they will be trounced and skinned like a fish.

I mean hopefully if we are playing either of them, we won't have taken our 2 best players off for long periods of the second half.

If we go through, I also hope we get Barca or Mardid... but I'd be okay with Bayern too. You play in the CL to go against the best and at this stage of the tournament there's no bad sides in there.

I'd rather face European giants. That's what the CL is all about. And when European giants come to Anfield, those are usually great matches.

Also if we knock out Barca or Real Madrid then we're going to the final as a side that beat one of the favourites to win the whole tournament. And if we get knocked out, as long as we go down swinging, then there's no shame in being knocked out by the best.

I also don't want to play Sevilla again, we always have a rough time against them for some reason (granted that was before VVD). And Bayern are European giants as well so the possibility of playing them is juicy too.

Playing great sides is the best part of the CL. Istanbul was special for more than just the comeback. We beat a great Juve side, an outstanding Chelsea, and a star studded AC Milan. It was a great cup run capped by a miracle comeback.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean hopefully if we are playing either of them, we won't have taken our 2 best players off for long periods of the second half.

If we go through, I also hope we get Barca or Mardid... but I'd be okay with Bayern too. You play in the CL to go against the best and at this stage of the tournament there's no bad sides in there.

I'd rather face European giants. That's what the CL is all about. And when European giants come to Anfield, those are usually great matches.

Also if we knock out Barca or Real Madrid then we're going to the final as a side that beat one of the favourites to win the whole tournament. And if we get knocked out, as long as we go down swinging, then there's no shame in being knocked out by the best.

I also don't want to play Sevilla again, we always have a rough time against them for some reason (granted that was before VVD). And Bayern are European giants as well so the possibility of playing them is juicy too.

Playing great sides is the best part of the CL. Istanbul was special for more than just the comeback. We beat a great Juve side, an outstanding Chelsea, and a star studded AC Milan. It was a great cup run capped by a miracle comeback.

yeah.    i remember that game all too well.      me and my friends came together to watch it live on tv.  When it was 3-0 at second half i went to the other room to play counterstrike but then i heard them screaming and cheering, i was cheering for Milan that night, i'm an optometrist and most of our products Maldini was the model haha.  ( stupid reason, right ?? haha ).    anyhow, 3-1. .... 3-2 ... then 3-3 ... then that crazy extra time .. and the penalty shoot out .. 

back to the present though,  you are right and i mean to offense, but against those two teams with their demi-god players, liverpool will always be the underdog.   but as a neutral, i'm happy that it isn't City that's having a 60% chance of going thru to the semis.

Yeah, I take no offense. But we're in the CL to play against the biggest and the best, so if we get them... that's good. And if we get past them, that's even better.

Btw have you all seen the horrific image of the Manchester City coach after Liverpool destroyed it? It's pretty shocking so I'll leave some space so you can brace yourselves and scroll down for it:

dibantai-liverpool-3-0-guardiola-terima-

Thugs.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived