talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance from Liverpool... took the game to City and didn't give them any chance to find space or rhythm and were clinical when it mattered... 

City will be dangerous in the second leg but just can't see them keeping a clean sheet against Pool and that is going to be so vital for the outcome.. The other thing that might swing it one way or another is if Salah is fit for the second leg.. without him Pool do lose some of their edge and sharpness up front but still think it may be too much for City to overcome... 

Massive result for us. It's only half time, but we're definitely favourites now and we've well and truly silenced the doubters. Gutted I won't be able to watch the second leg now, but it's a case of either we go through or I miss a fucking horrible game xD

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Pep has done himself about as many favours tonight as Sampson did after asking for a short back and sides at his local barbers... 

Pep fucked up tonight, Aguero should of played, Danilo should of played LB to give Sane some support and Sterling should of started on the other side   ..guess he had one eye on the United.  we gave them a goal too with trying to play out instead of just clearing the ball, then they had an offside goal and we had a good goal chalked off, could of easy finished 1-1

I think the fact we didn't concede while City had most of the ball in the second half shows how much we've progressed defensively. If this was last season it probably would have ended 3-3. Huge result and I fancy us to score at the Etihad which should put the tie to bed.

They're talking about him on BT and I agree with every word. TAA was absolutely fantastic tonight, Sane had fuck all past him really. Very impressive considering some of his wobbles lately.

4 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I think the fact we didn't concede while City had most of the ball in the second half shows how much we've progressed defensively. If this was last season it probably would have ended 3-3. Huge result and I fancy us to score at the Etihad which should put the tie to bed.

Definitely and I don't think we can underestimate Van Dijk's influence. Even going back to the 4-3 earlier in the season when Van Dijk wasn't available and we gave away two late goals shows how much we've improved

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

They're talking about him on BT and I agree with every word. TAA was absolutely fantastic tonight, Sane had fuck all past him really. Very impressive considering some of his wobbles lately.

He was superb. I was thinking before the game, do you risk playing him. Even play Milner at RB but he's put a performance of the season against one of the most dangerous wingers in the league

13 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

He was immense today - a huge performance from the young lad. Really impressive considering the doubt over whether he should start today.

13 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

You did concede one but i agree, you defended very well

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When you look at the penalty Sterling should of had, was we robbed tonight??

in all honesty mate, I wouldn't say robbed because Liverpool were superb in all aspects. Got the game done in the first half.

I doubt even if you did get the penalty it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game (the tie might have looked different) but Liverpool looked far up for the occastion tonight than you guys did. 

Just now, Stan said:

in all honesty mate, I wouldn't say robbed because Liverpool were superb in all aspects. Got the game done in the first half.

I doubt even if you did get the penalty it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game (the tie might have looked different) but Liverpool looked far up for the occastion tonight than you guys did. 

Yeah, they played well but if we had a video official the game would of ended 2-2 if we scored the penalty  ..think we got robbed tbh even though Liverpool did play brilliantly   ...if we go out we have to look at the bad refereeing of this game

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah, they played well but if we had a video official the game would of ended 2-2 if we scored the penalty  ..think we got robbed tbh even though Liverpool did play brilliantly   ...if we go out we have to look at the bad refereeing of this game

not necessarily. You scoring once in the game even at 3-1 would have perked Liverpool up in the 2nd half. They took their foot off the gas and you still couldn't capitalise.

Just now, Stan said:

not necessarily. You scoring once in the game even at 3-1 would have perked Liverpool up in the 2nd half. They took their foot off the gas and you still couldn't capitalise.

We had a good goal ruled out and a clear penalty not given, also they should of only had 2 goals 

Other than the incorrect offside goal (which, you've totally a right to be aggrieved about... but we've had our own issues with refs this year so I'm happy to see us get a dodgy decision)... you didn't have any shots on target.

City coming back and playing so well was a real credit to the whole side considering the first half spanking you received... and you're the best side we've faced this season, by far, I'd say. Because you can never count this Citeh out and I still think there's a good chance you send us tumbling out next week... but we were really fucking great today. Even when Salah came off and we lost our rhythm and attacking impetus, our defensive work was pretty fucking fantastic (which... would you have thought to have a Liverpool fan say that at the beginning of the season).

Never nice to get thumped in the CL... definitely. But the tie is nowhere near done and it's not like you lost by playing like a pack of cowards who are scared to attack. You lost while fighting for away goals and look like you've got plenty of fight left for the second leg. And you've certainly got the firepower for the second leg.

I hope Salah's fit to play.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Other than the incorrect offside goal (which, you've totally a right to be aggrieved about... but we've had our own issues with refs this year so I'm happy to see us get a dodgy decision)... you didn't have any shots on target.

City coming back and playing so well was a real credit to the whole side considering the first half spanking you received... and you're the best side we've faced this season, by far, I'd say. Because you can never count this Citeh out and I still think there's a good chance you send us tumbling out next week... but we were really fucking great today. Even when Salah came off and we lost our rhythm and attacking impetus, our defensive work was pretty fucking fantastic (which... would you have thought to have a Liverpool fan say that at the beginning of the season).

Never nice to get thumped in the CL... definitely. But the tie is nowhere near done and it's not like you lost by playing like a pack of cowards who are scared to attack. You lost while fighting for away goals and look like you've got plenty of fight left for the second leg. And you've certainly got the firepower for the second leg.

I hope Salah's fit to play.

Liverpool are the best team we play most season's and i cant even remember the last time we won at Liverpool xD   ...i think if you score at our place you will go through and i will be cheering Liverpool all the way

Liverpool are the best team we play most season's and i cant even remember the last time we won at Liverpool xD   ...i think if you score at our place you will go through and i will be cheering Liverpool all the way

I think if we get an away goal we're probably through too. I also want whoever makes it through our tie to win the whole thing. Or Roma, but that's not looking likely. That leaves either Spanish wankers or Bayern (who I don't mind tbh). I'd prefer one of two teams with the common bond of hating Man Utd win it.

Let's not let this result overshadow how pathetic it is that Liverpool fans gave themselves an unfair advantage by attacking the Manchester City bus.

Let's not forget to mention how the officials favoured them for the second match in a row, either.

Always the victim.

A massive shame that this Manchester City team will not be remembered as the dominating force they deserve be because of their lack of European success. 

We’ve conquered all of Europe 
We’re never gonna stop 
From Paris down to Turkey 
We’ve won the fucking lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly 
The Fields of Anfield Road 
We are loyal supporters 
And we come from Liverpool
Allez Allez Allez 
Allez Allez Allez 
Allez Allez Allez 
Allez Allez Allez

11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's not let this result overshadow how pathetic it is that Liverpool fans gave themselves an unfair advantage by attacking the Manchester City bus.

Let's not forget to mention how the officials favoured them for the second match in a row, either.

Always the victim.

A massive shame that this Manchester City team will not be remembered as the dominating force they deserve be because of their lack of European success. 

Anyone would think home fans throwing shit at the away bus is something new? 

Fuck me, it happens every week up and down the country. 

Anyway... TAA is fantastic and The Ox is ours. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived