talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

What a fucking half! Couldn't have gone any better. 

Still far from over though. Keeping a clean sheet has to be the objective now, that'll be extremely difficult like.

We've given ourselves a great chance in this tie though

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hoddle with some more great commentary.

Fletcher: Guardiola will be looking for a response here.

Hoddle: Yeah, he'll be looking for a response from his players as well.

That's what Fletcher meant you melt  xD 

Everyone is going to praise Mohamed Salah for his stats at the end of the game. He's been good, but I'm not going to overshadow who I think has been the best player here, Trent Alexander-Arnold. His positioning has been pitch perfect and has kept Sané completely weaponless. 

Anything can happen over the second half and second leg, I also haven’t seen the game so far because of work but Liverpool and Klopp are class.

If it was Conte tonight, the team would have been told to ”suffer” and we’d reach their box only a few times in the whole match.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Everyone is going to praise Mohamed Salah for his stats at the end of the game. He's been good, but I'm not going to overshadow who I think has been the best player here, Trent Alexander-Arnold. His positioning has been pitch perfect and has kept Sané completely weaponless. 

I reiterate. This is the perfect no-nonsense performance. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Have you thought about scouting him?

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Where are Liverpool going to find a goal from now Salah is gone??? 

Such a huge blow... 

Liverpool don't need another goal. They need to keep the scoreline at 0. 1 away goal and the tables can easily be turned at the Etihad.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Liverpool don't need another goal. They need to keep the scoreline at 0. 1 away goal and the tables can easily be turned at the Etihad.

so another goal would help. 

Just now, Stan said:

Liverpool's best chance of progressing would be to score as many goals as possible tonight, while allowing as few goals to be scored on them. Ideally none of them. - Michael Owen.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Clear distinction between "it would be nice" and "they need it". 

With a 3 goal deficit they are favourites, but they can never feel too safe if City have an away goal. Without that, one Liverpool goal will essentially end the tie in Manchester.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived