talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Henderson out for the 2nd leg, also not good for us.

their size difference is hhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggeeee.    sterling so damn small placed side by side with henderson ..... tsk too bad the big man is out of the 2nd leg ...

Great result for Liverpool, but I do feel the tie isn't over. City are still a superior side who could turn this around just like Barca did with PSG last year. This is probably the only 1 of the 4 ties that isn't finished yet.

I know I have preached on about this, but Trent Alexander-Arnold was huge tonight. Cut out every City attack to the point where they really needed to switch to target the other flank. Perfect game from him. I also think Salah played very well. Not one of his dynamic games that I'm so used to seeing, but he was rather more effective tonight. Wasn't seen too much but when he needed to step up, he did and got his goal and an assist.

Karius wasn't even tested too much here. Most of his saves were straightforward. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th March - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Great result for Liverpool, but I do feel the tie isn't over. City are still a superior side who could turn this around just like Barca did with PSG last year. This is probably the only 1 of the 4 ties that isn't finished yet.

agree.    after that 2nd half showing of liverpool, ti's still open.    but if klopp uses his lion-faced anger towards his players to keep the intensity for the whole 90 minutes then maybe ... 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know I have preached on about this, but Trent Alexander-Arnold was huge tonight. Cut out every City attack to the point where they really needed to switch to target the other flank. Perfect game from him. I also think Salah played very well. Not one of his dynamic games that I'm so used to seeing, but he was rather more effective tonight. Wasn't seen too much but when he needed to step up, he did and got his goal and an assist.

Karius wasn't even tested too much here. Most of his saves were straightforward. 

Man City didn't score though?

I just want to point out that Liverpool can't go to the Etihad and make the same mistake as PSG and sit back for the 90 minutes. They'll get worn out and slaughtered in that manner. They have to go out and get the away goal. Offence can be the best form of defence.

If you asked me if I'd take a 3-0 win here earlier today I would have said "absolutely" because that's a great result against the best side in England, and no away goals conceded.

Still not over yet and Pep's City are one of the best sides we've ever faced in Europe, imo. After getting battered in one half, they were by far the better side in the second. We resorted to playing an unnatural game for our side, abandoning the quick press to drop deep and defend for our lives.

We defended really really well. Everyone played well. Great result.

• Subscriber

That's the tie done for. Liverpool played the entire 90 minutes spot on. Ruthless in front of goal. Outworked Man City. Defended excellently all over the pitch. Didn't allow Man City to have a single chance.

As good as over for me in all four ties.

• Subscriber

3-0 is about the worst result for City without it being beyond rescue. Still if Liverpool get one at the Etihad then City need 5. Massive uphill task but not impossible.

Good enough night for Liverpool and a good enough week for them when we don't even bother to turn up to the derby on Saturday so no point in me adding to the satisfaction by getting salty about decisions going their way, especially as I've not seen them :whistling:.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived