talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Didn't expect Australia to lose/be losing. Thought they'd had enough in their ranks to be fairly organised in defence. 
Having said that, I don't know much about Jordan or who they have as threats.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Didn't expect Australia to lose/be losing. Thought they'd had enough in their ranks to be fairly organised in defence. 

Jordan adopting a counterattacking and low ball possession strategy against Australia and its working so far

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jordan beat Australia in the qualifiers. They seem to have the formula locked down.

I can't watch any games until I get back home but I saw the lineups. Unless he's still injured, what the hell is Nabbout doing on the bench? I also heard Risdon was garbage. Never thought he was good enough but there is few others for that spot.

Im not surprised at this to be honest. Not only is Graham Arnold garbage tactically, but Australia also struggle in games like these. They do better against top opposition. I think the World Cup is a good example. Against France they weren't battered and held their own, got a draw against Denmark, and in the Peru game they were better during a few spells in the game especially in the first half. I know they still lose those and don't always carry much firepower but I see them a lot better in those games than against the likes of Iraq, Thailand, China, etc. There they seem to live off lack of opposition quality and live by letting them run past their defense and looking average in midfield. Only up front they seem OK. I can see them giving the likes of Japan or Korea a gane but struggle in the group (should they make it through). 

All that said, they are missing their best player so maybe I'm just talking smack.

• Subscriber

India started strongly similarly to how they started the match in the first half as well; here's hoping that Thailand can bounce back and turn this around again. Quite a good match so far.

• Subscriber
Just now, Azeem said:

THIS IS AWESOME :twothumbsup:

I don't mind India but this is just a pathetic performance by Thailand. The keeper is having an absolute mare and the terrible defense isn't helping either; all just stood around watching. Disappointed with Chanathip as well; he's supposed to lead the midfield but he's lost pretty much every ball trying to dribble past Indian defence. 

Rajevac out; I always disliked how the Thais have been playing under him but this is just embarrassing.

great result for us... even though the overall display was bad. Thailand were much better on the ball but they were bad in the final third. I also thought the penalty was a bit harsh on thailand.

Really hoping for atleast a draw against UAE which should give us a good chance to advance.. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Asura said:

great result for us... even though the overall display was bad. Thailand were much better on the ball but they were bad in the final third. I also thought the penalty was a bit harsh on thailand.

Really hoping for atleast a draw against UAE which should give us a good chance to advance.. 

It doesn't really matter anyway as the other three you scored were pretty well executed and thoroughly deserved. I thought Thailand were much better in the first half after equalising but fell completely apart in the second; I don't think they had a single goal scoring opportunity from open play...

Well deserved India; hope both teams will still advance to the knockout stages.

Just now, nudge said:

It doesn't really matter anyway as the other three you scored were pretty well executed and thoroughly deserved. I thought Thailand were much better in the first half after equalising but fell completely apart in the second; I don't think they had a single goal scoring opportunity from open play...

Well deserved India; hope both teams will still advance to the knockout stages.

absolutely.... our defending was comical at most of the times and I hated the fact we could not hold on to the ball despite no pressure from Thai players, our players rushed and were desperate to clear the ball away from their feet every single time when in our own half.. At 3-1 I thought we should have held on to the possession a lot mroe and kill the time but the final goal came out of nowehere and killed the game anyways...

I dont think any one of these two teams will advance and if anyone it should be us because I dont see Thailand beating any of those west asian teams... while we might snatch a point from either of them the next matches, highly unlikely though.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Asura said:

absolutely.... our defending was comical at most of the times and I hated the fact we could not hold on to the ball despite no pressure from Thai players, our players rushed and were desperate to clear the ball away from their feet every single time when in our own half.. At 3-1 I thought we should have held on to the possession a lot mroe and kill the time but the final goal came out of nowehere and killed the game anyways...

I dont think any one of these two teams will advance and if anyone it should be us because I dont see Thailand beating any of those west asian teams... while we might snatch a point from either of them the next matches, highly unlikely though.

You're probably right; although both UAE and Bahrain looked pretty poor as well... Thailand will definitely struggle with the physical side of the game against both, and with that awful defence it will be tough to beat anyone, but you never know...

Putting all my faith in Vietnam now haha.

Archived