talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)

You just got the feeling that it was never going to happen for Arsenal, so much passing and no real attacking threat.. almost like watching Chelsea play except we have gone that little bit further and reached at least one Cup Final... Would have been good for Wenger to have gone out on a high and was hoping they might have pulled it out of the bag but it was not to be.. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Last night was disappointing. Arsenal needed a goal but I never felt like I saw them get the kitchen sink out. Like I said during the game they lacked a Giroud-shaped focal point in the area when Atleti were clogging up their own penalty area with bodies.

33 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Last night was disappointing. Arsenal needed a goal but I never felt like I saw them get the kitchen sink out. Like I said during the game they lacked a Giroud-shaped focal point in the area when Atleti were clogging up their own penalty area with bodies.

Against possession orientated teams Atlético Madrid (Diego Simeone) becomes very narrow and places players in particular positions which forces the opponent wide. Atlético are practically telling you to have the ball all you want “we don’t want it, we don’t really need it” and attack them by crossing the ball all game. This, in Spain is a real winning formula and against English sides that even if they are possession orientated use this form of attack anyhow. Arsenal do like to go through the middle more than most Premier League clubs but we aren’t at the top of the tree in that sense with the players we have.

En fin... It was easy for Atleti.  

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Spanish police at it once again

Bit naughty that..... I mean really, how dangerous are Arsenal supporters anyway??? 

That's the equivalent of our police storming local allotments... a bit ott considering the threat level... That poor bloke probably dropped his 10% off Camper Shoes voucher during that slight altercation.. Probably more gutted about that then the result itself.. 

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Bit naughty that..... I mean really, how dangerous are Arsenal supporters anyway??? 

That's the equivalent of our police storming local allotments... a bit ott considering the threat level... That poor bloke probably dropped his 10% off Camper Shoes voucher during that slight altercation.. Probably more gutted about that then the result itself.. 

Shouldn’t have laughed at something as atrocious as what occurred to that guy but in your post you were asking for it mate. Lucky I’m not a Spanish copper! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Shouldn’t have laughed at something as atrocious as what occurred to that guy but in your post you were asking for it mate. Lucky I’m not a Spanish copper! :ph34r:

I know mate but laughter is the best medicine I find.... He will be alright, all them years of watching Arsenal play has probably turned his brains into that extra dense MDF wood so he would have hardly felt a thing... 

Missed all the game unfortunately because of work, so I cannot comment at all on the game.

Disappointing way for it all to end, but in the end Atletico's quality came through in every department. I still maintain this is a competition that is more than worth winning, not just for CL football, but just in general it's a European trophy ffs. I really hope the new man whoever it is goes for it again next season, I find it laughable Arsenal fans are still turning their nose's up at this competition.

I think there needs to be improvement in quite a few areas next season, especially midfield and the wings are our biggest priority for me. Hopefully the new man can come in and also bring out the best in some of what we already have.

6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

30-5-3 Diego S.'s European record, EFFECTIVENESS!!! That's the only numbers that really matter, fuck possesion or boring ass short passes.

Both Madrid teams are inEuropean finals(both heavy favorites)... Maybe Barcelona needs to play a little more "cup effective" or score a few tap ins huh

Really disliked Costa while he was at Chelsea but I'm starting to become a fan. What a warrior, glad his injury wasn't serious.

Imagine if everyone played like that though, it'd be so fucking shite.

Fat Sam & Pullis would be so aroused all the time though.

when United won this competition last year there was one arsenal fan here who keeps on belittling that win, but look at Arsenal now, if this Europa League is shit as what Arsenal fans ( not all ) has claimed it to be then how come Arsenal was out ???    On the first leg, 3/4 of the match Arsenal was a man up but they didn't capitalized on their number advantage.    Another proof that this Arsenal is like flea's shit ...................    can't wait who'll be their next manager is.

Archived