talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez Finally Moves to Man City

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't see where he,'ll fit in at City as they already have plenty of cover in the position he plays? 

Welcome to plenty of time getting arse splinters. 

Where the fuck have you been?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it goes without saying that Manchester City have a technically gifted player capable of sheer brilliance.

The Leicester City fans will know more than me, but he has not struck me as the type of wide player that suits Pep's vision at Manchester City. What makes them so effective is the speed and direction of Sane and Sterling getting behind the opposite back four. That hasn't struck me as Riyad's game.

That said, every signing Pep has made has been meticulously signed for a reason. Even though it didn't work out, you could see the attributes Pep was looking for in Claudio Bravo. He clearly sees something in Riyad he can work with. Whether that's developing him as a wide player or finding another role for him remains to be seen.

I'm quite excited to see how it all works out.

• Subscriber

Mahrez will get plenty of game time. I'm sure of that. I can't believe they'd pay money like that for someone who won't even play. Considering how good a dribbler he is 1 v 1 and how Pep's obsessed with creating those scenarios it makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Mahrez will get plenty of game time. I'm sure of that. I can't believe they'd pay money like that for someone who won't even play. Considering how good a dribbler he is 1 v 1 and how Pep's obsessed with creating those scenarios it makes sense to me.

Bernardo Silva :ph34r:

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's one hell of a profit for Leicester.

Our transfer business seems to have no in-between. We've made over £120mil profit on Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater. On the flip side we've spent £60mil on Slimani, Musa and Mendy, and I think Iheanacho hasn't come close to repaying his £25mil fee so far.

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Our transfer business seems to have no in-between. We've made over £120mil profit on Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater. On the flip side we've spent £60mil on Slimani, Musa and Mendy, and I think Iheanacho hasn't come close to repaying his £25mil fee so far.

You are getting Roberts for 10million which I think is a good deal for you too

Archived