talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James McClean Completes Move to Stoke City

James McClean has failed to report to West Brom’s training camp in Scotland and will now face internal disciplinary proceedings.

McClean, who featured 34 times in all competitions for West Brom last season, has been linked with a move to Stoke, who were also relegated from the Premier League last term.

Sky sources understand Stoke remain in talks with the Baggies over a deal for the Republic of Ireland international, although the clubs are still wide apart in their valuations.

Stoke are understood to be prepared to pay £4m, while West Brom want at least £6m for the winger.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He explained himself perfectly, there was nothing weird about it.

It was weird that anyone gave a shit and that we had to hear debate after debate about it for weeks on end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018 at 21:09, Harvsky said:

This is a blow for West Brom as the Championship is probably his level.

Exactly my thinking. Afobe will enjoy the service from McClean and Ritchie at this level. Under a good Manager this team should be looking at playoffs as a minimum at the moment.

He's alright. Bit too inconsistant for me.

To be perfectly honest, over the last 7 to 8 years, this league has seen some seriously unstoppable talent but I dont really class McClean as someone like that. He won't set the division alight or anything.

Infact, I've been disappointed by his progress. He's 29 now, what's he actually done?? Played for Sunderland, Wigan and West Brom. Now he adds Stoke to the list.

For me, says it all...

Archived