talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Maguire to Remain at Leicester

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surely the main issue here is leaving us with a terribly weak defence? Wages can't be that much of an issue. 

Willing to state that if Maguire goes, our defence becomes so weak that we're finishing bottom half, possibly risking taking part in a relegation fight. He makes that much of a difference.

The problem for us is missing both him and Evans for this weekend. Benalouane's crap and Morgan is absolutely terrible nowadays.

I'm normally in favour of selling if we get an offer over the odds but I take the point that if we did sell him, it's taking an enormous risk.

I don't think he's close to an eighty million player being honest. A very good footballer and I stand by my comment made in the England thread that he's the best English defender on the ball, but defensively he's been shown up a few times.

He's not a very typical Mourinho centre half to me really. It seems very reactionary.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

The problem for us is missing both him and Evans for this weekend. Benalouane's crap and Morgan is absolutely terrible nowadays.

I'm normally in favour of selling if we get an offer over the odds but I take the point that if we did sell him, it's taking an enormous risk.

I don't think he's close to an eighty million player being honest. A very good footballer and I stand by my comment made in the England thread that he's the best English defender on the ball, but defensively he's been shown up a few times.

He's not a very typical Mourinho centre half to me really. It seems very reactionary.

I think it's all a smokescreen for Alderweireld anyway.

He's not an £80m player at all but it's the kind of price tag you put on a player to fend clubs off anyway. Can't see Utd ever sticking that amount up. I reckon they're getting Alderweireld as it is.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Danny said:

If Maguire goes you lot are signing Mepham and in the end I don't think you'll miss Maguire that much even if there are initial teething periods.

Is Mepham any good then? I've heard a lot good about him and he's the kind of profile I want us to go for.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it's all a smokescreen for Alderweireld anyway.

He's not an £80m player at all but it's the kind of price tag you put on a player to fend clubs off anyway. Can't see Utd ever sticking that amount up. I reckon they're getting Alderweireld as it is.

Sky doing their usual nonsense as well. They'll stir the pot again this week. It's ideal for them, especially with us playing Man Utd first game. Stand to win about £300 if he stays xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

With the forecast saying Yerry Mina is hours away from being officially unveiled as an Everton player for the next 5 years, I can see Man Utd really pulling out all the stops for this one. 

i think they'll get Alderweireld.

23 hours ago, Danny said:

If Maguire goes you lot are signing Mepham and in the end I don't think you'll miss Maguire that much even if there are initial teething periods.

Let's not get carried away now, he's shown great potential but hes had less than a year of playing professional football. To be expected to replace Maguire instantly would be a big ask. It's best for all parties to stay put.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's not get carried away now, he's shown great potential but hes had less than a year of playing professional football. To be expected to replace Maguire instantly would be a big ask. It's best for all parties to stay put.

I never said he'd replace him instantly. But the gap between the Championship and Premier League is small and considering Maguire's performances for England are what is driving this transfer and not his performances for Leicester, Mepham wouldn't have that big of shoes to fill.

• The title was changed to Harry Maguire to Remain at Leicester
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived