talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Patrick Bamford - Leeds United Sign Striker on Four Year Deal

Fee believed to be seven million.

I'm surprised that 'Boro are entertaining the idea of selling Bamford and Traore. Them two were absolutely pivotal in their late playoff push, and with them youd probably make 'Boro the favourites for promotion this season.

@Lucas you're getting skillfull lad with a ping at this level. He was far too timid and weak for The Premiership when he was with us but you'd like to think he has bulked up a bit by now.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Patrick Bamford - Leeds United Sign Striker on Four Year Deal

Potential flop of the season. Hasn’t done anything of note since the season when we beat Middlesbrough in the play off final. About 4 years ago? Stunned he still commands that kind of fee.

was truly awful in his brief loan spell at us.

I was at Cobham when it was made official we had paid a lump sum for a beanpole kid from Nottingham Forest who had played well against our youth team. I have to admit I did not remember his play during that game which was live on Chelsea TV. Anyway, he played in the youth game I was at Cobham to watch and looked a little like a fish out of water. He worked very hard over the coming weeks and I am sure everyone remembers his first successful loan to Middlesbrough where he won young player of the Championship that season.

Like the Palace Fan I am surprised Middlesbrough are prepared to let him go and to a rival in their division. Leeds get a thoughtful striker who when confident is very neat n efficient in front of goal. He lacks real pace, unlikely to win many even start footraces, but he is proven at that level. I wish him well as he strikes me as a nice lad who is prepared to lead others.

Archived