talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 12th August - Liverpool 4-0 West Ham

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, they are like a completed jigsaw puzzle. They have everything in place to go all the way.

With a full season having a proper goalkeeper, centre back leader and a quality left back, it will be very surprising if they are not in serious contention for the title. They have to at least better their all time points record for a season. No excuses.

That team out there today can go all the way, irrespective of what Man City are capable of. They have the depth too, handy to have a rejuvenated Sturridge and Shaqiri coming off the bench.

Consistency is the key. 

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Should we hand the scousers the trophy now?

I wouldn't go that far but it was about as good an opening match i can remember from us. 

4 goals scored and none conceded. The kind of game I'd expect us last year to have won 4-1.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

TAA was very poor today. Clyne has had a good pre season, so I don't know why Klopp started the young lad. Yes, he has a lot of potential but he shouldn't be a guaranteed started now that Clyne is fit. 

He helps himself with his quality from set pieces...

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

For me, they are like a completed jigsaw puzzle. They have everything in place to go all the way.

With a full season having a proper goalkeeper, centre back leader and a quality left back, it will be very surprising if they are not in serious contention for the title. They have to at least better their all time points record for a season. No excuses.

That team out there today can go all the way, irrespective of what Man City are capable of. They have the depth too, handy to have a rejuvenated Sturridge and Shaqiri coming off the bench.

Consistency is the key. 

Our problem is absolutely that and has been for many years. 

Last year we were the only ones capable of going toe to toe with city and we still finished fourth. Need to iron out those bad games if we're going to compete with them and united. 

Trent was probably the weakest player on the pitch, but I don't think he was actually that bad outside of the crossing. Hit a good free kick and did his defensive duties well, and also found Keita in space with a good pass for the first goal. I rate Clyne higher than Trent as a right back, but Trent's a more talented footballer, so I won't complain if he gets a lot of game time again this season. Unfortunately, full back isn't traditionally a position that sees a lot of rotation.

Of the new signings, Keita looked quality and Shaqiri lively, although briefly. Obviously I won't complain if Alisson has that little to do all season, but I'm intrigued to see how he does against more of a test.

In other news, Match Of The Day 2 is so much better than MOTD it's unreal.

Excellent performance from Liverpool, with tier new additions in Keita, Fabinho and Allison they look like the real deal. Even the bench now looks a lot stronger. As i said before this season this is their chance to step up and i fully expect them to be in the top two when the season ends. If we don't do a Conte season xD

• The title was changed to Sunday 12th August - Liverpool 4-0 West Ham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived