Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Daniel Arzani - From Melbourne to Man City to Celtic


Recommended Posts

Brendan Rodgers has revealed Australia World Cup youngster Daniel Arzani is set to join Celtic on loan.

The 19-year-old playmaker, who made three substitute appearances for the Socceroos in Russia, is ready to complete his transfer from Melbourne City to Manchester City before being sent to Celtic for an extended loan period.

"He is, I believe, finalising his deal with Manchester City and in talks with ourselves to come in, as a possibility," Rodgers said of Arzani. "He is another exciting young talent and we will see if we can get that organised in the next few days.

"It is not going to be (before) midweek. He has just flown in, he hasn't trained. He has obviously been at the World Cup so he will need to be in for a couple of weeks before he gets up to speed."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with this overall. Normally as an Australian player in the A League era you seem to be unable to get onto the European radar until your 20's. Arzani has great potential so hopefully he gets a good slice of action for Celtic this year. 

BR's quotes haven't given me huge confidence in that but he's good enough to work his way into the picture regardless...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Daniel Arzani - From Melbourne to Man City to Celtic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2018 at 13:41, Harry said:

I'm happy with this overall. Normally as an Australian player in the A League era you seem to be unable to get onto the European radar until your 20's. Arzani has great potential so hopefully he gets a good slice of action for Celtic this year. 

BR's quotes haven't given me huge confidence in that but he's good enough to work his way into the picture regardless...

I think he will get a fair amount of football given Celtic's dismal transfer window. They haven't replaced Armstrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think he will get a fair amount of football given Celtic's dismal transfer window. They haven't replaced Armstrong.

If he's more of a winger then I don't see the connection. He's competing with Forrest, Sinclair, McGregor, Morgan, Christie and Hayes. I get he must be good, but I would really rather we developed on of the several young talents we have that we actually own.

Who's really benefiting from this, us or Man City?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

If he's more of a winger then I don't see the connection. He's competing with Forrest, Sinclair, McGregor, Morgan, Christie and Hayes. I get he must be good, but I would really rather we developed on of the several young talents we have that we actually own.

Who's really benefiting from this, us or Man City?

I was thinking more of a change in the style of play or formation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

If he's more of a winger then I don't see the connection. He's competing with Forrest, Sinclair, McGregor, Morgan, Christie and Hayes. I get he must be good, but I would really rather we developed on of the several young talents we have that we actually own.

Who's really benefiting from this, us or Man City?

I've always wondered about this. There are clubs that have a need for a stop gap measure but without that desperation i can't understand it... maybe a keeping good relations thing with city in the hope of becoming the Sunderland to their man United so they get first option on Man City's John o sheas and Kieran Richardson's equivalents....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Inverted said:

If he's more of a winger then I don't see the connection. He's competing with Forrest, Sinclair, McGregor, Morgan, Christie and Hayes. I get he must be good, but I would really rather we developed on of the several young talents we have that we actually own.

Who's really benefiting from this, us or Man City?

Not to mention Mikey Johnston.

Celtic need to be moving on attacking midfielders (or at least loan them out) before bringing more in. Ryan Christie, Scott Allan and Lewis Morgan are far to be good to be stuck playing reserve football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...