talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga in America

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Can't believe neither of you pricks have named the fan-owned Green Bay Packers, who will celebrate their centenary next year in a town the size of St Helens.

I am a bears fan, the f*cking rotten cheese is never on my mind. 

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No greater fallacy than the appeal to authority. Page reeks of it. 

Yeah, but that permeates life. ‘I’m a minority so I understand racism better than you’, is a common one. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, but that permeates life. ‘I’m a minority so I understand racism better than you’, is a common one. 

Personal favorite is, "You're white, you couldn't possibly no what it's like to be unprivileged." 

Just now, Cicero said:

Personal favorite is, "You're white, you couldn't possibly no what it's like to be unprivileged." 

I’ve encountered that one a lot. Yeah, I do have it pretty damn good but by Australian standards, I went to a very, very, poor high school, with limited resources and teachers. I’ll tell ya that when a school doesn’t offer advanced mathematics it doesn’t differentiate between race, everyone is shit outta luck.

Of course though, that won’t stop people assuming things about me because of my accent and skin colour.

@The Artful Dodger even though I heavily dislike the states for a number of reasons, it's a bit shit to blame them for being plastics. Keep in mind that the USA doesn't have the football history to have big, local clubs passed on from generation to generation. The MLS is a relatively new league and it's a big country. Take Memphis for example, who are people going to support there? Or somewhere in Wyoming or Montana for that matter.

I understand what you mean by saying "the plastics have won" but supporting a team away from where they play doesn't automatically make them plastic. Clubs will fall for these marketing schemes but I think you're being a bit unorthodox here.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Such a sad case xD

From the lad who pretends he's English. Got found out and now has some yarn about how he moved around, remember when you used the world cleat for footy boots? Then got embarrassed by that geordie lad? You're not welcome in English football and never will be. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

@The Artful Dodger even though I heavily dislike the states for a number of reasons, it's a bit shit to blame them for being plastics. Keep in mind that the USA doesn't have the football history to have big, local clubs passed on from generation to generation. The MLS is a relatively new league and it's a big country. Take Memphis for example, who are people going to support there? Or somewhere in Wyoming or Montana for that matter.

I understand what you mean by saying "the plastics have won" but supporting a team away from where they play doesn't automatically make them plastic. Clubs will fall for these marketing schemes but I think you're being a bit unorthodox here.

It's funny tho. 

36 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

From the lad who pretends he's English. Got found out and now has some yarn about how he moved around, remember when you used the world cleat for footy boots? Then got embarrassed by that geordie lad? You're not welcome in English football and never will be. 

I believe I was actually using the term cleats in replace for the term studs/boots actually. Bizarre you chose to only have that retained in your memory, however given you are vastly quick to make assumptions (the number one fuck up ) I'm hardly surprised.  

Hilarious you blame the far right, yet anything close to prejudice/xenophobic thinking comes directly from you. That and the amount of fallacies the far left are guilty of always committing. You're a unique one I give you that. 

Let me know if I'm right, but I take it its hard for you in the real world to get your point across or to be heard? A lot of things bother you, yet you keep it built in until you finally implode. Might be a bit difficult to form close personal relationships?  So you go on an internet forum, target certain individuals to vent and criticise your frustration and ideology on. It makes you feel good because you know very well you are unable to do this in real life. Am I getting close? 

Maybe it was your upbringing, or your own state of mind that has such a backwards mentality when it comes to things you don't understand. Here's the thing, the reality is much like in the real world, no one gives a shit about your opinion on here. Especially when you make such unbelievably asinine remarks. An argument of ignorance. Another fallacy we can check off for you. 

31 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bad grass aren't you. 

Xenophobe says what? 

Lad, throwing in as many words you think sound intellectual as you can doesn't give you an air of intelligence you just seem a pretentious twat. Glad to see you admit you're American now, your political posts show what an odious, sewer clearance of a fella you really are. 

Nobody gives a shit about anyone's opinion, at least you spent 30 minutes writing that reply to me. I'm touched.

8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

:lol:

Lad, throwing in as many words you think sound intellectual as you can doesn't give you an air of intelligence you just seem a pretentious twat. Glad to see you admit you're American now, your political posts show what an odious, sewer clearance of a fella you really are. 

Nobody gives a shit about anyone's opinion, at least you spent 30 minutes writing that reply to me. I'm touched.

Rest assure some xenophobe telling me who I can and cannot support, where i'm welcome and not welcome, and what nationality I am as if they have the slightest idea, will keep me up at night. xD

By the way, you can't insult people given the amount of fallacies you've provided and your continuing habit of not addressing the premise. I know according to you I don't have an air of intelligence, but I at least understand the basic principles of an argument. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Rest assure some xenophobe telling me who I can and cannot support, where i'm welcome and not welcome, and what nationality I am as if they have the slightest idea, will keep me up a night. xD

By the way, you can't insult people with the amount of fallacies you've provided and your continuing habit of not addressing the premise. I know according to you I don't have an air of intelligence, but I at least understand the basic principles of an argument

You love the world fallacies don't you, been taught it in debating school or some book you've read?

You're a fake and liar. I couldn't really care less about where you're from or who you support, who am I to tell anyone who they can support, it's only footy.

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You love the world fallacies don't you, been taught it in debating school or some book you've read?

You're a fake and liar. I couldn't really care less about where you're from or who you support, who am I to tell anyone who they can support, it's only footy.

Fairly certain anyone who's attended uni or college, have at a point taken courses on the basic principles of logical reasoning. How to properly form and address and argument. Diverting the argument, something you just now did, is called a red herring.

You see a lot of fallacies in arguments from individuals who display illogical or, simply put, irrational thought. Really shows all you need to know about them. 

I know you claim I lack an air of intelligence, but I'm actually well educated. Something you would of known by merely asking instead of your reoccurring  habit of making assumptions on people you know nothing about. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Here come the right-wingers... 

See what I mean, this is what we have to look forward to. 

When in doubt, shoehorn someone into a political affiliation you dislike. Funny how that in lamenting right-wingers you have used a favoured shit flinging technique. You’ve nothing except a twisted bitterness of the world around you and an unearned nostalgia for something that you probably never experienced (t-the good old days). 

Its funny that when your rhetoric is swapped out from sports to just about anything else, your train of thoughts aligns again closely to the right wingers you disdain. Hypocritical, pathetic, and I almost feel bad for you  that you can’t see see the parallels. 

You seem to be a smart guy, but even smart people are blinded by shit when their heads up their own arse.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

seems like you care a lot to be honest.

Just now, Spike said:

When in doubt, shoehorn someone into a political affiliation you dislike. Funny how that in lamenting right-wingers you have used a favoured shit flinging technique. You’ve nothing except a twisted bitterness of the world around you and an unearned nostalgia for something that you probably never experienced (t-the good old days). 

Its funny that when your rhetoric is swapped out from sports to just about anything else, your train of thoughts aligns again closely to the right wingers you disdain. Hypocritical, pathetic, and I almost feel bad for you  that you can’t see see the parallels. 

You seem to be a smart guy, but even smart people are blinded by shit when their heads up their own arse.

Sport, ultimately, is not important. Unload your irrationality onto that, this prevents you from being a complete cunt in real life...I find.

Having said, I stand by all my points. America can fuck right off when it comes to footy, tacky, tasteless shit is what America will bring.

12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sport, ultimately, is not important. Unload your irrationality onto that, this prevents you from being a complete cunt in real life...I find.

Having said, I stand by all my points. America can fuck right off when it comes to footy, tacky, tasteless shit is what America will bring.

You can reduce almost anything culturally 'ultimately unimportant'; that isn't a sound argument at all because just because you perceive something to be a venue to unload irrationality doesn't mean others do as well. Is it still objectively unimportant when a derby match has very real world implications? Deaths of fans, traffic congestion, riots, violence, etc. Is it unimportant when the city of Napoli shuts down for the day, and celebrates their identity of 'those terrone'? Just because sports can be perceived as a frivolity of survival doesn't mean that they aren't an important corner-stone of culture. You are telling me that sports are ultimately not important, but at the same time lamenting the loss of identity and culture that foreign influence on that sport has. So are sports unimportant, or are they an important component of your cultural and national identity? I'm getting mixed signals. 

You may percieve it as tacky and tasteless (which a lot of it can be, both in Europe and America) but that is merely the eye of the beholder, some others may find whatever you do to be the same.

• The title was changed to La Liga in America

Archived