The better place to talk football.

Saturday 1st September - Man City 2-1 Newcastle

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

At the end of the day our starting line up cost about £24m. To only lose 2-1 to these spoilt bastards when others will come away with -3 -4 and -5 on their goal difference is alright.

Think you'll have had a hard draw to start out. Things will start to look up for you'll if this kind of energy keeps up. Hard to really get anything against City seeing as goals aren't the only problem because possession causes more problems for teams leading to frustration and lack of concentration.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think you'll have had a hard draw to start out. Things will start to look up for you'll if this kind of energy keeps up. Hard to really get anything against City seeing as goals aren't the only problem because possession causes more problems for teams leading to frustration and lack of concentration.

I think the worry is the impact on confidence and pressure when we get out of this run of fixtures. If we are going into games needing a win it could get troubling. Especially with our attack. 

We really needed to take 4 points from Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. All were at home. We've got one last chance to make it 3 points if we beat Arsenal. 

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

At the end of the day our starting line up cost about £24m. To only lose 2-1 to these spoilt bastards when others will come away with -3 -4 and -5 on their goal difference is alright.

City will probably score about 17 hundred goals this season so 2.1 wasn't to bad. I think Rafa got his tactics right even though you lost it was the only way you were gonna get anything so I think you did ok

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I think the worry is the impact on confidence and pressure when we get out of this run of fixtures. If we are going into games needing a win it could get troubling. Especially with our attack. 

We really needed to take 4 points from Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. All were at home. We've got one last chance to make it 3 points if we beat Arsenal. 

Part of your problem today was not having enough of an outlet to get the ball faster up the pitch and instead playing ping-pong at the back instead of trying to create some kind of inroads into the oppositions half. When the ball is finally hoofed over the strikers are so deep that any kind of run is literally a waste of time because you'll aren't even blessed with any true pace up front to cause teams any kind of damage. Still think there's s point in the Arsenal game as well as the fixtures all the way after that as well. The tough spell is really coming to an end and if you'll can keep your heads down and improve the connectivity between your midfield and attack and more importantly your midfield and your defense then you'll will be able to carve out more chances for yourselves.

26 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

City will probably score about 17 hundred goals this season so 2.1 wasn't to bad. I think Rafa got his tactics right even though you lost it was the only way you were gonna get anything so I think you did ok

It was 2-1 with 10 minutes to go last year as well. I think one of these days we will get a point at Man City under Rafa.

19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Part of your problem today was not having enough of an outlet to get the ball faster up the pitch and instead playing ping-pong at the back instead of trying to create some kind of inroads into the oppositions half. When the ball is finally hoofed over the strikers are so deep that any kind of run is literally a waste of time because you'll aren't even blessed with any true pace up front to cause teams any kind of damage. Still think there's s point in the Arsenal game as well as the fixtures all the way after that as well. The tough spell is really coming to an end and if you'll can keep your heads down and improve the connectivity between your midfield and attack and more importantly your midfield and your defense then you'll will be able to carve out more chances for yourselves.

Shelvey and Ritchie were missing and they are basically our sole driving force going forward. Picking it up off the defence, getting us going. If they're not back for the Arsenal game it will be a struggle.

The thing about being cheapskates is that good centre backs don't cost much. To be compact and well drilled doesn't require that much talent. It's in attack that a lack of investment lets us down. We had a 4 man midfield and 1 up top. Total cost about £6m. Total value excluding potential maybe £30m. That value really needs to be £75m+ to start thinking about putting up a challenge.

Manchester City found it diffiucult against Newcastle United.  I don't like the guy, but it was all down to Rafa Benítez because the difference in levels isn't even something a ready made prescribed calculator could analyse with a decent answer.  But had Newcastle been a bit luckier they would've come out of that with a result which was a shame.  The reason I say that is because City could've played better but they weren't permitted to do so.

• The title was changed to Saturday 1st September - Man City 2-1 Newcastle
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived