talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 22nd September

football forums

• Subscriber

As for Puel, well I'm not sold on him still and I'm not convinced today really changes loads for me personally but we're in a real crossroads as a fanbase now, it's a really bland time to support us at the minute to be honest. Winning the league is the best and worst thing to ever happen to us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

As for Puel, well I'm not sold on him still and I'm not convinced today really changes loads for me personally but we're in a real crossroads as a fanbase now, it's a really bland time to support us at the minute to be honest. Winning the league is the best and worst thing to ever happen to us.

Do you not think he should get some credit though considering he clearly saw how tame we looked at half-time, changed it up slightly bringing Gray on for Ghezzal?

I think if he gets criticism for the way we start or where things aren't 100%, then he should also get some kind of praise for influencing the game in our favour. We were dominant in the 2nd half and didn't give Huddersfield a sniff (apart from Depoitre making a meal of his chance). Controlled the game in that manner. 

By no means saying he's cracked it or he can do no wrong, but he deserves some slack when he gets things right.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you not think he should get some credit though considering he clearly saw how tame we looked at half-time, changed it up slightly bringing Gray on for Ghezzal?

I think if he gets criticism for the way we start or where things aren't 100%, then he should also get some kind of praise for influencing the game in our favour. We were dominant in the 2nd half and didn't give Huddersfield a sniff (apart from Depoitre making a meal of his chance). Controlled the game in that manner. 

By no means saying he's cracked it or he can do no wrong, but he deserves some slack when he gets things right.

I think he got it right to take Ghezzal off as he was having a shocker, so yes I do give him credit for that, and the main bit I give him credit for today is that he finally managed to get Vardy properly into the game which has been the biggest problem under him yet I feel.

I wasn't sure at all about the Iheanacho pick with Maddison shifted out wide but it did work.

The bottom line for me is it's a good win, but I think anything other than that against them would've been a shocking result. How Everton didn't beat them I have no idea. They were probably the worst side to come here last season and I can't see anyone being worse this year.

Said before today I wanted 7 points from that, Newcastle and Everton and stand by that. They're both beatable if we turn up. Lets see it.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think he got it right to take Ghezzal off as he was having a shocker, so yes I do give him credit for that, and the main bit I give him credit for today is that he finally managed to get Vardy properly into the game which has been the biggest problem under him yet I feel.

I wasn't sure at all about the Iheanacho pick with Maddison shifted out wide but it did work.

The bottom line for me is it's a good win, but I think anything other than that against them would've been a shocking result. How Everton didn't beat them I have no idea. They were probably the worst side to come here last season and I can't see anyone being worse this year.

Said before today I wanted 7 points from that, Newcastle and Everton and stand by that. They're both beatable if we turn up. Lets see it.

Everton, aren't they?

Newcastle will be tough next week. Still looking for their first win which pretty much means they're getting it against us.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Everton, aren't they?

Newcastle will be tough next week. Still looking for their first win which pretty much means they're getting it against us.

Newcastle won't be easy and I'm not reading into their league position given the start they've had. They will view us as very beatable, although I think the pressure is kind of on them now. They've had a very similar start to what we did last year.

We can win there but I don't think we will.

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

To say we got raped is an understatement. The gulf in class was for all to see today and Etheridge couldn't do a thing for all the goals.

I can't see you staying up the way you are. I don't think it is Warnocks fault but do you think you should get someone else?

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I can't see you staying up the way you are. I don't think it is Warnocks fault but do you think you should get someone else?

Tbf, we were never expected to be in the prem in the first place and even if we sacked Warnock, I don't see anyone who could realistically improve us (maybe Sam Allardyce but even then, I can't see him coming to us).

We've not got a big budget like Fulham or mates rates Wolves either which doesn't help, but spending stupid money isn't a guarantee of survival as we found out last time.

I think there was more pros than cons yesterday. The big pro being we look better than a team that finished above us last season. The big con however is that we have put up another mental barrier in front of ourselves that will take a while to crack by not scoring at home for three games. How Sakho missed that header at the end I'll never know.

Wilfried Zaha had his most dissapointing game in some time. He clearly has been affected by the self inflicted publicity he bought on himself. Since Sam Allardyce came to Palace he has, to his credit, cut the diving out of his gane. However he has to be accepting that his reputation will always be there because of his previous behaviours. He really needs to look at the greats like Messi who gets hounded regularly but just gets on with it because his desire, focus and passion to be the greatest in the world. Zaha has matured a lot in the last few years, but the last couple of weeks has shown that he has still got a bit of a way to go. 

What i hope changes next game is that Roy Hodgson starts Max Meyer. That was the third occasion where he has come on and his creativity and technical ability has had a positive influence. During a favourable run of fixtures we should be looking to start him.

Well it looks like Man City are not taking their foot off the gas any time soon. Whatever eleven Pep puts out he makes it look easy. With this game out the way hopefully Cardiff can pick themselves up as there month of fixtures has been horrid.

As for there title rivals, I knew Mo Salah would score after i took a four point hit and replaced Hazard as captain. It wasnt even a good goal either. Every week the bloke is doing something that pisses me off.

As for there historic rivals, i cannot believe that im not even remotely surprised that Manchester United drew with Wolves and weren't the better team. I even had 1-1 in my predictions. What a sorry state of affairs that is for such a big club.

I have to say i do find the pressure on Claude Puel rather amusing. Exactly what do Leicester expect? To win the league again? Hes gelling a young team together after selling Mahrez and theyre playing rather good football. He should be judged at the end of the season on how the likes of Chilwell, Maddison, Gray etc. have developed and they're all developing well at the minute.

On a side note, what the fuck happened to Burnley? Literally played one of the best games of football ive ever seen them play. I was dreading an overreaction on how high Bournemouth could finish this season after their favourable run of fixtures so I'm glad Burnley have put a halt to that. 

Archived