• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 22nd September

football forums

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've got to beat these. They're poor. They do know how to frustrate sides though and I can see us falling right into that trap.

This will be the first game all season we are comfortably the favourites so it'll be interesting to see how we approach a side who will let us control the game. Wolves to their credit came here and had a go at us (and were quite unlucky to lose really) while the others were either quite even or the odds stacked against us.

We had a ridiculous number of games in the second half of last season where a struggling side would come here, play defensively and leave with a point, or in some cases three (Newcastle, West Ham).

This game will be a good sign of how much progress has been made. Last week was a huge blow for me personally and how much I think Puel will be a success here - he appears to have learnt little and has absolutely no idea how to set us up defensively. We're regularly tanked and it's not a freak. It's pure tactical ineptness and the continuation of picking the wrong personnel.

The Morgan situation is beyond laughable now. We've brought in three centre halves this summer, gave Evans a game against Wolves (as he wasn't fit, nor was Soyuncu or Benkovic) and then dropped him again after what was granted, a pretty awful opening 25 minutes but after then he'd been fine. Morgan hasn't been any good for at least a year now and he still appears undroppable, despite lacking the pace, mobility and ability on the ball to fit into the kind of football that Puel wants us to play. He's wrongly suspended this weekend although even that might not be enough to keep him out xD I suspect it'll be Evans and Maguire, with a return to Morgan at Newcastle. It's fishy.

Evans probably deserves another go, Soyuncu is apparently ready but I'm not totally convinced, hence why he doesn't even make the 18 yet (despite a quite defensive heavy bench) so it'll be Chilwell, Evans, Maguire and Ricardo at the back.

The midfield I think he'll go unchanged but I'd like to see Silva get a game. Don't think Mendy's really done enough, although Ndidi hasn't exactly started the season too well either. Maddison and Vardy are both guaranteed starters. I'd keep Ghezzal in and get Gray out for Albrighton. I'd happily flog Gray. Fed up of him flattering to deceive. Albrighton is more productive going forward and will help defensively too.

Unconvincing 1-0 win.

• Subscriber

Puel basically confirms it'll be 4-2-3-1.

He's sticking to his guns which I think is commendable in a way but if he doesn't make some tweaks to the personnel then he'll be sacked by Haloween. Evans this weekend and then hopefully Soyuncu soon.

This Morgan situation I don't put all on the player either - he's being hung out to dry with these tactics.

Obviously not expecting anything out of this, though will be curious if Man City get criticised heavily in the media if they fly in with some tackles of their own, or if the media and premiership elitist fan will just stick with the typical bias and ignore it because they play tiki taka, piki paka, siki saka football.

A defeat today will be painful. A draw will delay fear for a few days. A win will give us a bit of motivation.

I'm very worried about the mental state of this team. We seem to creeping towards the sort of mindset, nerves and attitude that gets you relegated.

These fixtures, injuries and lack of proper investment have really given us a hard start. 

We're getting raped. Bet nothing will be made of a possible elbow off the ball on Arter (I think) mind.

Ralls could have been off (though he was trying to reach for the ball but caught the man instead) and I guarantee that'll be talked about.

Other than that, Man City are pissing this like a Sunday League game.

On the back foot in 2 big spells in the first half. Weathered both but we can't cope with their pace and willingness to run at us with the ball.

I expect it will be a penalty or someone is going to get 2 yellows that gets Palace the win as we are chopping them down in the final 3rd.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Salah (C), Aguero, Bernardo Silva. Good half for my Fantasy team.

Need Robertson, Wan Bissaka to keep their clean sheets and something from Zahahahaha.

I know fuck all about fantasy football, but that looks like a pretty impressive side.

Also, it’s nice to see Alex Ferguson is well enough to attend matches and the reception he received from that gaggle of cunts was nice too.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

On the back foot in 2 big spells in the first half. Weathered both but we can't cope with their pace and willingness to run at us with the ball.

I expect it will be a penalty or someone is going to get 2 yellows that gets Palace the win as we are chopping them down in the final 3rd.

Not if foul zaha :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Moutinho with a top class equaliser at Old Trafford. Never on the 271 previous occasions where United have led at half time in a Premier League home game have they failed to go on and win - incredible stat I saw from the Telegraph before. Is today the day?

Archived