talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Petr Cech Unsure of Arsenal Future

Petr Cech admits he is playing for his future at Arsenal and says the goalkeeping situation is "complicated".

The 36-year-old, who has started all Arsenal's Premier League games this season, has yet to be offered a contract extension with less than 12 months remaining on his current deal.

The Gunners signed Bayer Leverkusen 'keeper Bernd Leno for £19.2m in the summer and Cech accepts competition for places is stiff.

"I'm in the last year of the contract so I guess it depends on my performances, the way I play and the way I stay fit throughout the season, then we'll see what happens next," he said ahead of Arsenal's Europa League game against Vorskla Poltava on Thursday.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He hasn’t been good in years, so it’s not surprising he’s uncertain about his future.

He made to many mistakes last season but he was good before that. Probably need a new keeper now though

On 20/09/2018 at 18:42, SirBalon said:

We missed a trick with Kepa although we would never have forked out that amount of money for a footballer let alone a keeper.  We're always lagging behind and it surprises me that we remain as competitive as we do.

But but Wengers gone we are gonna spend £200 million every transfer window now :P

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

But but Wengers gone we are gonna spend £200 million every transfer window now :P

Emery is used to winning things with limited funds like he did at Sevilla. The only problem is he had Monchi to sign him top quality that was required at knock down prices. 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Emery is used to winning things with limited funds like he did at Sevilla. The only problem is he had Monchi to sign him top quality that was required at knock down prices. 

Yeah he never spent more than 30 million or something on a player. 

On 20/09/2018 at 08:10, Gunnersauraus said:

He made to many mistakes last season but he was good before that. Probably need a new keeper now though

He was never anywhere near his heights we saw when we were at Chelsea though. Normal considering his age, but his regression last season was shocking.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was never anywhere near his heights we saw when we were at Chelsea though. Normal considering his age, but his regression last season was shocking.

Yeah but I always felt before last season he was ok. There were other areas I was more worried about. With some of the goalkeepers we had before I lowered my standards  😂

Archived